Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 04:44 PM

521 posts, read 1,624,940 times

Advertisements

And now I have to respect him!?

I’d like to make it clear first, I am not a Republican, Democrat, conservative nor liberal. I’m an independent. I don’t cling to a political party and vote blindly like a sheep. Im conservative on some issues, liberal on others, somewhere in the middle on most.

Moving forward…
Yesterday while in my evidence class, my professor, a self proclaimed liberal, makes a few sarcastic comments about President Bush and how she’s delighted about Obama being elected president. “Im glad your happy” I sarcastically thought, as I turned to my friend and said, “this is a classroom, leave politics at the door.” At the end of class, she makes a couple other comments and says, “whether you like Obama or not, you have to respect him.”

WTF is this? You mock the president, and tell me to respect the new president?! Firstly, don’t tell me who to respect. I respect those that I feel deserve it. Secondly, neither you, nor any other Bush hating liberal can look at me and tell me to respect Obama. Seriously. You NEVER gave Bush a chance, so don’t be a hypocrite

Since the day Bush was elected president I have witnessed the scorn, contempt, and disrespect towards him. The day it was announced that Bush beat Gore people swore that Bush will never be “their” president as they swore allegiance to Gore. Even years later, while Bush served our country as president, their “president” Gore was on his jet to and from Antarctica serving the polar bears.

I have seen President Bush be blamed for 911, and for New Orleans. I witnessed our entire country, immediately after 911, begin to point our fingers at Iraq while saying that Sadam hates us as much as Bin Lade and probably has bigger weapons. I watched our congress agree to this and we all felt better after invading Iraq. I watched the pride in most of my country as we witnessed Iraqi citizens tear down those Sadam statues. Yet, when it was found that the nukes weren’t in Iraq I watched as many people, including our politicians, turn the other face all while yelling “Impeach Bush!”

I’ve seen the same greedy pigs out there with two SUV’s and taking out stupid –interest only – and – Negative Amortization – loans trying to make a quick buck, blame Bush for the economy.

I witnessed professors across college campuses in America lead the way while calling Bush a terrorist and an idiot. Though Bush isnt the greatest public speaker in the world, the man is far from an idiot. I witnessed liberals and democrats everywhere say that he was never their president anyways.

So to conclude: Its great that we have our first black president, this was truly a historical moment (be that as it may, neither of these two things are good reasons to elect someone as president which I’ve witnessed A LOT!). But don’t you shake your fist at our president, blame him for your misfortunes that are your own fault, and then tell me to respect Obama! I will show him the same level of respect deserved, as president Bush.

Last edited by wesside; 11-07-2008 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 04:47 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,156,334 times
DOH.....

Old 11-07-2008, 05:04 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,042,483 times
Is that you, Dubya?

Old 11-07-2008, 05:04 PM

543 posts, read 1,453,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post

I’d like to make it clear first, I am not a Republican, Democrat, conservative nor liberal. I’m an independent. I don’t cling to a political party and vote blindly like a sheep. Im conservative on some issues, liberal on others, somewhere in the middle on most.

Moving forward…
Yesterday while in my evidence class, my professor, a self proclaimed liberal, makes a few sarcastic comments about President Bush and how she’s delighted about Obama being elected president. “Im glad your happy” I sarcastically thought, as I turned to my friend and said, “this is a classroom, leave politics at the door.” At the end of class, she makes a couple other comments and says, “whether you like Obama or not, you have to respect him.”

WTF is this? You mock the president, and tell me to respect the new president?! Firstly, don’t tell me who to respect. I respect those that I feel deserve it. Secondly, neither you, nor any other Bush hating liberal can look at me and tell me to respect Obama. Seriously. You NEVER gave Bush a chance, so don’t be a hypocrite

Since the day Bush was elected president I have witnessed the scorn, contempt, and disrespect towards him. The day it was announced that Bush beat Gore people swore that Bush will never be “their” president as they swore allegiance to Gore. Even years later, while Bush served our country as president, their “president” Gore was on his jet to and from Antarctica serving the polar bears.

I have seen President Bush be blamed for 911, and for New Orleans. I witnessed our entire country, immediately after 911, begin to point our fingers at Iraq while saying that Sadam hates us as much as Bin Lade and probably has bigger weapons. I watched our congress agree to this and we all felt better after invading Iraq. I watched the pride in most of my country as we witnessed Iraqi citizens tear down those Sadam statues. Yet, when it was found that the nukes weren’t in Iraq I watched as many people, including our politicians, turn the other face all while yelling “Impeach Bush!”

I’ve seen the same greedy pigs out there with two SUV’s and taking out stupid –interest only – and – Negative Amortization – loans trying to make a quick buck, blame Bush for the economy.

I witnessed professors across college campuses in America lead the way while calling Bush a terrorist and an idiot. Though Bush isnt the greatest public speaker in the world, the man is far from an idiot. I witnessed liberals and democrats everywhere say that he was never their president anyways.

So to conclude: Its great that we have our first black president, this was truly a historical moment (be that as it may, neither of these two things are good reasons to elect someone as president which I’ve witnessed A LOT!). But don’t you shake your fist at our president, blame him for your misfortunes that are your own fault, and then tell me to respect Obama! I will show him the same level of respect deserved, as president Bush.
Incredible post! Agree with everything you' ve stated. If you want to be treated with respect, you have to give respect.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:08 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,021,064 times

Old 11-07-2008, 05:08 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,109,235 times
Tit for tat.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:12 PM

452 posts, read 1,634,620 times
well while you may not respect him...now that he is president ...dont pass judgement untill he's been in office at least a year...Give him a fighting chance.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:14 PM

58 posts, read 75,156 times
Default Obama will never get any respect after what

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post

Moving forward…

the dems did to Bush, we will make is presidentcy pure hell!

Old 11-07-2008, 05:17 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,156,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by batrice View Post
the dems did to Bush, we will make is presidentcy pure hell!
There's not enough morons around for that, other than here on City Data.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:21 PM

452 posts, read 1,634,620 times
I know Obama wont get a break... He probably will get the boot in 2012 anyway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections