Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 01:18 AM

38,603 posts, read 26,217,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
He is terrible speaking on the stump. Wonderful with a teleprompter but awful otherwise.

He's going to make GWB look like a great orator.

Speaking isn't the issue. He gave one of the greatest speeches in history at his convention. His problem is thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 01:19 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,431,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Let's see how he holds up to real questions now that the press has successfully thrown the election in his favor and struggles to restore its neutral image by asking real questions. Should be a blast watching him contradict himself and otherwise expose himself as being the intellectual light weight he really is.
Obama has it made as far as the press. Today they gave him a standing ovation before he even said a word. I don't believe that's ever been done before, not even with the other media idol Bill Clinton.

The press simply adores Obama, they helped create him and they will never ask him a tough question. They can't. They'd be called racist if they did but they wouldn't want to anyhow.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:26 AM

Funny how he said crazy things like that and still set the all time presidential approval rating record with a 92% positive rating.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Please give us web links to prior postings you made criticizing Bush's speaking ability...

If you can't (which we all know you can't) - it totally invalidates this thread...

You're nothing but a pathetic Obama hater...

Well, then that must make you an irrational Obama lover. No one actually doubts his ability to speak. It is his ability to think that is the issue.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I only caught a few minutes of it. The man looked exhasted. Do you realise how grueling the last few weeks have been? Not to mention the last year? Combine all that with having to measure every word he says.

OK, But Palin is a moron, right?

Nice double standard and total lack of credibility.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
You got it backwards. Palin does not need a teleprompter. Do you remember her first speech to the nation (when nominated for VP)? The teleprompter's technician had problems pausing for the applause, and Palin had to continue speaking from memory, and a couple of times improvised to fill the gap.
Obama's problem is stuttering. Have you ever heard Gordon Liddy speak? When he was young, he had a bad stuttering problem. Later, with a lot of mental training, he solved the problem, and nowadays one can't tell that he stuttered.

If being a dim wit causes stuttering, I completely agree.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Obama has it made as far as the press. Today they gave him a standing ovation before he even said a word. I don't believe that's ever been done before, not even with the other media idol Bill Clinton.

The press simply adores Obama, they helped create him and they will never ask him a tough question. They can't. They'd be called racist if they did but they wouldn't want to anyhow.

Watch the ratings at Fox News go through the roof if the liberal mainstream news media continues to ask softball questions.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:02 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,829,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
You got it backwards. Palin does not need a teleprompter. Do you remember her first speech to the nation (when nominated for VP)? The teleprompter's technician had problems pausing for the applause, and Palin had to continue speaking from memory, and a couple of times improvised to fill the gap.
No, if she had a teleprompter she'd be able to list at least a few newspapers! Did you see her on the news tonight? "I know, I know, I know..." (What she doesn't know is mind boggling.) Anyway, the story about the teleprompter is false. Another one of the fairy tales reported on the Drudge Report and Fox Noise. I suppose you believe Ashley Todd was attacked by a large Black man too?

[URL="http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/0908/The_teleprompter_did_not_break.html"]Jonathan Martin's Blog: The teleprompter did not break - Politico.com[/URL]

Quote:
Obama is sometimes a good speaker and sometimes very dull and hesitant.

I think we can all admit the McCain-Obama debates were dull. Biden and Palin were far more interesting to listen to -- and it wasn't because of Biden although he did okay.
Giving careful thought to an important question can be dull I suppose. Yes, Palin was interesting during the VP debate, but she couldn't answer any of the questions and got a lot of the facts wrong when she did. I can't believe people are more impressed by someone's performance than his or her substance and knowledge.

Last edited by justNancy; 11-08-2008 at 02:27 AM..

Old 11-08-2008, 06:06 AM

109 posts, read 171,795 times
Quote:
Apparently he's not feeling all the energy so many others say they are feeling from the big Obama win.

Really he looked quite old and tired.
You do no you're an idiot, right?

Old 11-08-2008, 06:22 AM

109 posts, read 171,795 times
Quote:

This post is completely counter-productive in the unity of this nation. Who was the darling of the press post 911? Suckered the American public into the situation we're in RIGHT NOW. Who created what? Bush built a reputation on 3000 innocent American lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections