Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 11:02 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
Unless your in the Republican/Fox News/talk-radio world...It's called a 'hero'
As long as that "hero" is useful to them. Now by having Alan Colmes, of all people, make him look like the fool he is, and by publishing a detached article about Joe's plans for the future, Fox indicates Joe is lying motionless under their bus. They've thrown him under the bus, washed their hands of him, cut him loose, pushed him out the door, and wished him all the luck in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 11:05 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
As long as that "hero" is valuable to them. Now by having Alan Colmes of all people make him look like the fool he is, and by publishing a detached article about Joe's plans for the future, Fox indicates Joe is completely under their bus, mashed by the left front wheel.
I wonder if Fox News will be as impassioned to protect Joe's good name like they have been with Palin.

I wonder if we'll see O'Reilley, Crappity, and the rest of the clowns play segment after segment of Joe standing their in tears while they talke about how disgusting it is people are trashing him.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:07 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Jeez, a guy who was on welfare actually has worked his way up to almost owning a business.

Please show me where this is true. That was a lie. Not only couldn't he possibly buy that business, he wasn't licensed and had a tax lien on his home. His boss doesn't even make half of what he said he would earn. So that was another lie. Both he & his employer would benefit under Obama's tax plan and pay more tax under McCain's. This isn't liberal rhetoric, but facts that have been confirmed by economists.

Anyway, nobody said that a person who has been on government assistance can't be successful. It's his hypocrisy that people are writing about, since he keeps saying he doesn't think rich people should help out the needy. I guess it's only okay when his family needed a hand. In fact, he said his complaint is that Welfare is abused so much, so that means he approves it for some families, but not for others. Huh?? I wonder what color the family needs to be to get his approval?

Old 11-08-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
I wonder if we'll see O'Reilley, Crappity, and the rest of the clowns play segment after segment of Joe standing their in tears while they talke about how disgusting it is people are trashing him.
I hope so. I hope they drag the Palin and Joe the P stuff out as long as they can - until there's a new cartoon to seize upon. What's become of Tito? He didnt go over as well it seems.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:10 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I hope so. I hope they drag the Palin and Joe the P stuff out as long as they can - until there's a new cartoon to seize upon. What's become of Tito? He didnt go over as well it seems.
I think Tito was deported...???

Old 11-08-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Please show me where this is true. That was a lie. Not only couldn't he possibly buy that business, he wasn't licensed and had a tax lien on his home. His boss doesn't even make half of what he said he would earn. So that was another lie. Both he & his employer would benefit under Obama's tax plan and pay more tax under McCain's. This isn't liberal rhetoric, but facts that have been confirmed by economists.

Anyway, nobody said that a person who has been on government assistance can't be successful. It's his hypocrisy that people are writing about, since he keeps saying he doesn't think rich people should help out the needy. I guess it's only okay when his family needed a hand. In fact, he said he knows Welfare is abused a lot, so that means he approves it for some families, but not for others. I wonder what color the family needs to be to get his approval?

(BTW, his family was on welfare twice)
These people dont want facts.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:30 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Have you tried watching the news these past two days? The tax increase on the EVIL rich is not going to happen. Neither is the other 500 freebies Obama promised you.

And many people who dug into Joe's past are going to be fired and sued. So enjoy these stories while you can.

I guess the difference between receiving temporary assistance as a single father and being a dead beat waiting for a check to come in the mail is too fine a distinction for the left to understand. Needing temporary assistance is not the same thing as income redistribution. Social Security, for example, is a program that we all pay into as individuals. It is therefore different from a program that takes money from the person earning it and gives it to a lazy slob pimping off the system. When I sold used cars I saw it almost every day. People would apply for credit having no job and no legitimate disability and yet would take home $5,000/mo. Any lefties understand what I'm taking about?

Old 11-08-2008, 11:34 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,078 times
It is not wrong for people to get temporary assistance if they need it. You cannot judge everybody on the same criteria.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:39 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
I find it curious that so many on the right think they can determine at a glance who is "needing a temporary hand up", such as Joe the Plumber, and those who are "dead beats waiting for a check to come in." I wonder how they can tell? Hmmmm

Old 11-08-2008, 11:44 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

Anyway, nobody said that a person who has been on government assistance can't be successful. It's his hypocrisy that people are writing about, since he keeps saying he doesn't think rich people should help out the needy. I guess it's only okay when his family needed a hand. In fact, he said his complaint is that Welfare is abused so much, so that means he approves it for some families, but not for others. Huh?? I wonder what color the family needs to be to get his approval?
Joe had a really tough time with R. Sanchez over at CNN...particularly with this same line of facts....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections