Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 07:18 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,071,090 times

Advertisements

Here's one story.

Teacher's political discussion with students under review :: WRAL.com

There's another one out of Asheville NC with a 2nd grade teacher conducting an in-class vote for President. Ok, nothing wrong with that, except that she had these 2nd grade students stand up and move to one side of the room for Obama, the other side for McCain. A *public* poll! In front of your peers and teacher! In the audio clip, the teacher tells the first few students who say "Obama" to stand "over there". Then a student stands up and says "McCain". Teacher: "McCain? Oh Lord. Lord. Lord. Oh, Jesus. Ok, you stand over there."

Wanna bet the next kid said "Obama", no matter who they were originally thinking about?

It's terrible! I hope both teachers are permanently let go and not allowed to teach again--ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 07:35 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,542,728 times
They have been doing it for years. It took me from the time I was in school until George Bush, Sr. to get rid of the brainwashing. I graduated in 1964.

That is not as bad though as the teacher that refused to let a young man use the Bible as a reference in a term paper. She told him he had to use something more concrete.

If any teacher ever told a child or grandchild of mine that and I could prove it, I would sue their pants off. No teacher has the right to tell a child they should not believe the Bible.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:38 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,195,928 times
voucher system sooner the better.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:43 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,845,387 times
More basic academic instruction might lead to better scores and student competency, but then the NEA and cohorts would limit their ability to keep raising the annual tab on the taxpayer.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:44 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
I am for Christian education, but I fear that any time the government sends money too many regulations go along with it. I do think people who pay for their own children's education should be able to get a tax credit for the amount of money that the state and U. S. government would have to pay per child if the child went to public schools.

I don't know if it is still that way, but at the private school my son attended a couple of years, students could not get a diploma that was accredited from the state of NC and the students had to just get a GED upon graduation because they refused to teach non-Christian ideas in the school. This may have changed. I hope so.

The academic scores for the children of this school were first or second highest of all the private schools in the state. That was the beginning of my knowledge of how our religious freedom is being lost.

Last edited by NCN; 11-07-2008 at 07:57 PM..

Old 11-07-2008, 07:49 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,157,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
I do a combo of both public education and then also home school my daughter as well. I do it so I can show her where the teacher is wrong and why she is wrong. I also teach her about the Constitution and other documents of our founding fathers, something our school district refuses to teach about.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:50 PM

395 posts, read 1,008,694 times
Um....one of the fundamental purposes of public education is to prepare people for enlightened citizenry.

As much as Republicans would like to prevent this, it must be done.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:51 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,157,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txguy2009 View Post
Um....one of the fundamental purposes of public education is to prepare people for enlightened citizenry.

it is too bad that liberals think that citizenry is service to the central goverment, when it is not.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:52 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,098,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I am for Christian education, but I fear that any time the government sends money too many regulations go along with it. I do think people who pay for their own children's education should be able to get a tax credit for the amount of money that the state and government would have to pay per child if the child went to public schools.
Well, I didn't have ANY kids so I guess this country owes ME a whopping amount!!!!

Old 11-07-2008, 08:09 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by txguy2009 View Post

No it must not be done. If the example of an enlightened nation is what we saw in this last election, we don't need any of it.

Now go check the test scores of the private Christian schools and the test scores of the public schools and tell me who needs to change their way of teaching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections