Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 02:08 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Let me be the first to welcome you to 2008. Barack Obama, a half white/half black, man will be your president. No matter how many stories you make up, you cannot escape reality.
?

God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 804 times
Thumbs down Not there

I don't really believe you were there. What you've described is the exact opposite of everything I experienced.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:53 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
So the comments on the C-D forum aren't enough, you have to pull comments from another forum to help make your trumped up case?

Plus, the videos didn't at all match what the person was saying. Swing and a miss....wide.
Would you expect anything else from this poster?

The Obama rally I attended in October in Kansas City was absolutely electric. People of every age ,race,background,all coming together . My ears were ringing from all the dang screaming,half the time I couldn't understand what Obama was saying!! And we ALL said the National Anthem,nobody booed when the pastor said prayers for McCain & Palin. It was an awesome event. My ONLY complaint was that it was SOOO freaking crowded that I thought I was going to smother,as I'm a bit clauterphobic. Never seen anything like it,that's for sure.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:13 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellobie View Post
I don't really believe you were there. What you've described is the exact opposite of everything I experienced.
You don't believe who was there? I have pictures.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:29 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
I know someone who went there & she had a great time. She said the group was totally well-behaved & she was glad she was a part of it. Oh but wait, this is another one of your nonsensical rambling posts. Never mind, I'll direct my post to people of intelligence.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:42 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
and then urinated on the Alamo.
All the way from a stage in Chicago? Wow, our new president must have some powerful muscles!

Old 11-11-2008, 01:43 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
All the way from a stage in Chicago? Wow, our new president must have some powerful muscles!
And killer aim!

Old 11-11-2008, 02:06 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
So the comments on the C-D forum aren't enough, you have to pull comments from another forum to help make your trumped up case?

Plus, the videos didn't at all match what the person was saying. Swing and a miss....wide.
the OP reminds me of this article:

In August, The New York Times Magazine did a story about trolls, some barely out of their teens, who antagonize others for the sake of "lulz": "Lulz is watching someone lose their mind at their computer 2,000 miles away while you chat with friends and laugh," one ex-troll told the publication.

Some people are just bitter and angry," said psychiatrist Dr. Terry Eagan, medical director of the Moonview Sanctuary in Santa Monica, California. "Sometimes, they're against everyone, other times against a specific group. That person can get really stimulated and can say all sorts of horrible things. But I don't think it's not like they didn't exist before."

#@*!!! Anonymous anger rampant on Internet - CNN.com

Old 11-11-2008, 02:19 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
the OP reminds me of this article:

In August, The New York Times Magazine did a story about trolls, some barely out of their teens, who antagonize others for the sake of "lulz": "Lulz is watching someone lose their mind at their computer 2,000 miles away while you chat with friends and laugh," one ex-troll told the publication.

Some people are just bitter and angry," said psychiatrist Dr. Terry Eagan, medical director of the Moonview Sanctuary in Santa Monica, California. "Sometimes, they're against everyone, other times against a specific group. That person can get really stimulated and can say all sorts of horrible things. But I don't think it's not like they didn't exist before."

#@*!!! Anonymous anger rampant on Internet - CNN.com
Exactly. These people just sit & deliberately poke poke poke, saying the most outrageous things, designed to **** people off. And then when you finally do get pissed & post something, you get in trouble from the moderators. It's a no win situation sometimes. Anyway, on to the topic at hand, obviously the OP wasn't there, so what exactly is she trying to say?

Old 11-11-2008, 02:43 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Exactly. These people just sit & deliberately poke poke poke, saying the most outrageous things, designed to **** people off. And then when you finally do get pissed & post something, you get in trouble from the moderators. It's a no win situation sometimes. Anyway, on to the topic at hand, obviously the OP wasn't there, so what exactly is she trying to say?
You're right. My only discipline here came a few months back when someone was picking at me and I finally told him to stuff it.

It was a minor discipline and it is expired now, but it sucks that they allow trolls to carry on for so long. The same guy that was nitpicking me still does it to others on another subforum. I just ignore him now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections