Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 09:05 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,557,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
it resides with idiot liberals who think with their hearts and not thier heads.

Wolf Population controls kees the wolf population healthy, keep the game animal herds strong, and protect humans and domesticated animalls safe from wolves that are forced into human areas by over extended wolf populations.

But for the crazies out there the answer is humans need to go away and leave the planet for the animals.

I have a suggestion, if thats really what you libs want, how about you set an example for us?
Sorry - Wrong again. First - I may be more conservative than you, I certainly appear to posses much more objectivity than you and have definitely demonstrated a better grasp of etiquette and spelling. Second - How about this, until you can refrain from name calling - don't address me. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 09:09 AM

20,408 posts, read 12,314,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Sorry - Wrong again. First - I may be more conservative than you, I certainly appear to posses much more objectivity than you and have definitely demonstrated a better grasp of etiquette and spelling. Second - How about this, until you can refrain from name calling - don't address me. Thank you.
waaaa or how ever you spell it when a baby cries.

Im glad you can spell. that must mean you are smart. do you walk around singing that song? I am so smart s m r t!

does that make you feel good?

Old 11-12-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

Im glad you can spell. that must mean you are smart. do you walk around singing that song? I am so smart s m r t!

does that make you feel good?
Fruit Fly Size: (3mm)
Fruit flies are small about 1/8-inch in length including the wings.
Fruit Fly Key Identification:

• A key identifying character is its bright red eyes.
  • The Fruit fly is about one third the size of the filth or house fly.
Color:

• Body color is usually a light yellow to tan color.
Just because you may see a small fly or gnat type flying around in the kitchen, do not assume it is coming from the drains. Check all possible breeding sources to help identify the fly. Using a drain cleaner like DF 5000 would only work in they are breeding in the drains.
Understanding the different breeding sources for the different flies will help you in identifying and managing the respective flies. The other flies that are found around drains are: Fruit Flies, Drain Flies and Sphaerocierid Flies.
Breeding Sources of Drain Flies, Fruit Flies, Phorid Flies and Sphaerocerid Flies:
Drain flies: breed in drains, sewers, septic tanks and soil that has been contaminated with sewage.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:28 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,164,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Fruit Fly Size: (3mm)
Fruit flies are small about 1/8-inch in length including the wings.
I think a Circle Fly would be more appropriate is this case!

During a traffic stop a police officer is swatting at a fly that is circling around his head, and blurts out what kind of dang fly is that anyhow.
The traffic offender replies, "that's a circle fly."
The officer replies that he's never heard of a "circle fly."
The offender replies circle flies are usually found circling around a horses *****.
Enraged, the police officer says, "are you calling me a horses *****?", to which the traffic offender replied, "no sir, but you can't fool a circle fly."

Old 11-12-2008, 09:42 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,840,100 times
Quote:
This works;

Old 11-12-2008, 09:46 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,840,100 times
Obviously there were no laws broken regarding aerial culling or thinning by wildlife management officials.

Why are we so critical of these biologists/wildlife experts who devote their lives to conservation and helping animal populations to survive? All of a sudden, we no longer believe them? I guess we can discount what they say about the Polar Bears and other wildlife as well, right?

Old 11-12-2008, 01:03 PM

50,117 posts, read 63,506,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Obviously there were no laws broken regarding aerial culling or thinning by wildlife management officials.

Why are we so critical of these biologists/wildlife experts who devote their lives to conservation and helping animal populations to survive? All of a sudden, we no longer believe them? I guess we can discount what they say about the Polar Bears and other wildlife as well, right?
Alaska hires the most expert Fish and Wildlife people on the planet. The Alaskans fish and hunt for food, so are constantly monitoring the moose and caribou populations. The wolf populations are sometimes culled in order to protect the caribou from being decimated.
The very idea that we on the lower 48 are better at telling the Alaskans how to preserve their ecology and wildlife is very presumptuous.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:05 PM

998 posts, read 1,509,431 times
Gee I wonder how those big, bad wolves possibly survived before the White Man moved to Alaska with his rifles?

Old 11-12-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about.
Judge Rules Alaskan Wolf-Killing Program Illegal

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- A judge declared illegal on Tuesday Alaska's controversial program of shooting wolves from the air to boost the population of moose and other game, prompting state officials to suspend the policy.
Superior Court Judge Sharon Gleason said the Alaska Board of Game failed to follow its own requirements when it launched a program allowing private hunters to gun down wolves from an aircraft to remove the animals from the food chain.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:31 PM

20,408 posts, read 12,314,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
Gee I wonder how those big, bad wolves possibly survived before the White Man moved to Alaska with his rifles?
That is kind of a non-sequitur isn't it? The fact is, men are there now. We are now part of the food chain. That isn't going to change therefore managing the predator populations is going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections