Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 11:55 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,323,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff2v View Post
I moved in June. And like most people, I registered in my new state but didn't take the time to cancel my old voter registration.

Anyhow, to get back my original message, are there examples of voter fraud? An earlier poster kindly provided some recent news stories, but none of them show much of anything.
It's still under investigation. It's only been 4 days since the actual election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 11:56 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,066,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I agree...Also Some places in KS have a very high population of Illegals, who have been known to steal Identities.

--

Everyone should need an actual gov't issued Picture ID and some other sort of Identification to vote. My opinion of course!!!!
Yeah, I had my nanny once from a NANNY agency. I discovered that she was an illegal. She had the ID, visas and all - everything was fake.
She was terminated and I told the IRS that the nanny agency which I paid thousands of dollars to do a background check gave me an illegal.

It seems very easy for them to get fake IDS, fake SSNs, fake Green cards, etc. Almost like there is already an underground business that does this type of stuff.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:56 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,908,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
This whole thing has been elaborately explained a hundred times in a hundred different ways. They WANT to believe what they do, who knows why. "You can lead a horse to water" etc.
As has been explained hundreds of times to you who think that election fraud does not happen, except by the Pubs...There are plenty of states that have no requirement of asking for any sort of ID to vote. I know this because od the fact that some of my family lives in NM and I, at this time anyway but moving by the end of the month, live in CA. People are allowed to vote as long as their name shows up on the registration rolls and not one person questions them.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I don't know of any state that doesn't require either a source of identification or a state voters ID card. If she voted without presenting some form of identifying herself, then I would complain. It might change the election results.
Sorry, then you know very little about the different states. Many states do not require ID of any form to vote, as long as they state the name that is listed on the rolls there.

Here ya go, some infor about voter ID.

State Requirements for Voter ID

Old 11-08-2008, 12:02 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,140,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Sorry, then you know very little about the different states. Many states do not require ID of any form to vote, as long as they state the name that is listed on the rolls there.
No, you are right, I didn't know about other states exact voting requirements anymore than I pay attention to the weather on Mars. I count on accurate and precise unbiased people such as yourself to provide me with the information I need.

25,826 posts, read 20,589,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I can tell you that in states like NM one does not need any form of ID to vote. This I know because of my family that lives there. Also, in CA one really doesn't need ID to vote either. There are many states like that.
Not entirely true. Many people on line with me when I voted were asked for photo IDs along with their voter registration cards.

There was also a post in another thread from someone who had recently moved to NM from CA who said that when voting in CA s/he was always asked for photo ID.

90,316 posts, read 120,167,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Yeah, I had my nanny once from a NANNY agency. I discovered that she was an illegal. She had the ID, visas and all - everything was fake.
She was terminated and I told the IRS that the nanny agency which I paid thousands of dollars to do a background check gave me an illegal.

It seems very easy for them to get fake IDS, fake SSNs, fake Green cards, etc. Almost like there is already an underground business that does this type of stuff.
So what you are saying is that it is impossible to stop this stuff, no matter what form of ID you require!

Old 11-08-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Like what I said many times before, cheating, corruption, fraud will be the way of life under the Obama/Democrats rule.
NO, cheating, corruption and fraud is the way of life under the rule of the United States and both parties do it all. To say it is just one party is showing your partisanship and is not true.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Not entirely true. Many people on line with me when I voted were asked for photo IDs along with their voter registration cards.

There was also a post in another thread from someone who had recently moved to NM from CA who said that when voting in CA s/he was always asked for photo ID.
I live in CA and never once was asked for my ID when voting. I have family in NM that work the polls and they are not allowed to even ask for it. So, you are wrong. Not everyone is asked to provide ID and that is a fact.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So what you are saying is that it is impossible to stop this stuff, no matter what form of ID you require!
Basically, yeah!!! But, it really doesn't help when a group can run around and and openly commit voter registration fraud without anything happening to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections