Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 03:18 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,319,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
The 20%ers (% of people in this country who still support Bush), believe God sent George Bush here to lead them and make them rich because they are so much better and more pure than the rest of us.

Seriousely, what do you people think now?
What is God doing now?
Did he send Obama to make us pay for our sins because we questioned the war in Iraq (because we all know God sent Bush and God told Bush to start the war)?
Are we being punished because of them damn gay ***** folks?
And after being punished with Obama, will God reincarnate George Bush in 4yrs and send the messiah Bush back to lead the world?
Will Obama burn in hell for taking raising taxes a little bit on your privileged, godly few making over 250k and giving it to those scumbag, godless, do-nothing people losing jobs and homes?
This is what they mean by trolling.... Created to divide people and create tension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 04:39 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,302,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
This is what they mean by trolling.... Created to divide people and create tension.
It's not dividing anyone. I want to hear from the religious right that believed all these years they were getting obscenely wealthy because God wanted them to become that way. That believed God sent George Bush here to save us and give them tax cuts....

What do they say now? What is God's plan now???

Old 11-08-2008, 04:48 PM

To move forward from what you just said you need to provide facts about anyone who thinks George Bush was sent here to give tax cuts.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:50 PM

713 posts, read 1,858,268 times
GA,

I've never heard anyone on the religious right claim that God wanted them to be wealthy. That's news to me. Many people on the religious right are quite poor. Do you have a link to a news story to support your original post?

I've heard of the "Gospel of Wealth" movement, but that was a century ago.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:11 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,455,965 times
Quote:
It's not dividing anyone. I want to hear from the religious right that believed all these years they were getting obscenely wealthy because God wanted them to become that way. That believed God sent George Bush here to save us and give them tax cuts....

What do they say now? What is God's plan now???
Since no one has responded to your initial questions, I am led to suspect that the vast majority of people that you would consider 'wealthy' do not feel that their wealth is the direct result of God looking down on them and showering them with $100 bills. If there are people who adhere to your 'God given wealth theory', they evidently are not in this forum.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:23 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,302,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Since no one has responded to your initial questions, I am led to suspect that the vast majority of people that you would consider 'wealthy' do not feel that their wealth is the direct result of God looking down on them and showering them with $100 bills. If there are people who adhere to your 'God given wealth theory', they evidently are not in this forum.
No they're here...They are just too ashamed to admit it now that the nation has finally grown up a little bit and the Bush era is dead! Now that the Republicans are defeated, and selfish greed is no longer the in-thing and acceptable, as long as you go to church every week and have a 'W The President' bumper sticker, they don't want to rear their heads in public!

Old 11-08-2008, 05:28 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,112,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Some people stay up late at night coming up with crazy questions to ask in here.
Reading her title of the threads is like reading the titles of the gossip rags at the grocery checkout stand. You don't need to read the article, the title brings enough laughs...

That is what I thought when I read it, seriously some of these people have major issues. I thought once Obama won they might get over this bitter hatefulness, but I guess it is a lifelong condition for some.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:29 PM

713 posts, read 1,858,268 times
Can you give some examples? For all of the complaints I hear about the religious right, this is the first time I've heard anyone assert that most of them are rich and believe they got their money from God.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:33 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,112,087 times
Quote:
No they're here...They are just too ashamed to admit it now that the nation has finally grown up a little bit and the Bush era is dead! Now that the Republicans are defeated, and selfish greed is no longer the in-thing and acceptable, as long as you go to church every week and have a 'W The President' bumper sticker, they don't want to rear their heads in public!

You seriously believe that George Bush made wealthy people rich? I think they probably made themselves wealthy by hard work or their families passed wealth on, but I have never heard of George Bush personally making anyone wealthy or being religous making anyone wealthy. If being religous made people wealthy, it proably wouldn't be so hard to get people in church...lol.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
A few more post without any facts and you become an official troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections