Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 07:43 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,354,368 times

Advertisements

According to two members of the House Democrat Caucus, Reps. Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer have informed them that they will "aggressively pursue" reinstatement of the so-called Fairness Doctrine over the next six months. In January, Democrat presidential candidate Rep. Dennis Kucinich
announced that he was going to pursue the Fairness Doctrine through his Government Reform subcommittee. That announcement was greeted with silence. But now, Pelosi has moved things to the front burner.

The American Spectator : Her Royal Fairness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 07:46 AM

- Medicare for all.
-
The business climate.
-
Union supremacy.
-
Taxes.
-
The green revolution.
- Free speech and voting rights.
-
Special-interest potpourri

Old 11-10-2008, 08:41 AM

1,105 posts, read 2,726,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

According to two members of the House Democrat Caucus, Reps. Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer have informed them that they will "aggressively pursue" reinstatement of the so-called Fairness Doctrine over the next six months. In January, Democrat presidential candidate Rep. Dennis Kucinich
announced that he was going to pursue the Fairness Doctrine through his Government Reform subcommittee. That announcement was greeted with silence. But now, Pelosi has moved things to the front burner.

Thanks for finding. But, there are caveats. First, the quotes are anonymous. Second, the piece is from a avowedly and very partisan news outlet. And third, note that this piece is dated May 14, 2007. "Over the next six months" lasts until November, 2007. Still no Fairness Doctrine, and no steps towards putting one in place, a year later.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:46 AM

528 posts, read 1,458,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
Obama & the Democrats won for 2 reasons only. Anti Bush & ignorant voters.
That's a very ignorant statement. You don't know why I voted for Obama. I can tell you (without getting lengthy) that I voted for Obama b/c I do not agree with McCain's stand on almost every issue. I didn't drink the kool-aid (I don't think he can do no wrong), I weighed the issues very carefully using credible resources (not tv, not commercials, not biased columns, etc.) and I also do not tie McCain to Bush. In the end, I chose Obama.

I do not know that he will do well, I hope that he will do well. Just like you do not know that we are doomed (as you keep "warning"). If you know so well, why are you on this board and not trying to help Obama and voice to him (in whatever way you can) what you think he should do with some sound sources for your opinion? That's the way to really make a difference. I have questioned you recently, but I know that you have a lot of negative and passionate feelings about Obama and this country right now. I CHALLENGE YOU to turn those things around, and use them in a positive manner to support Obama and our country.

C'mon MA - you can do it!

Old 11-10-2008, 10:17 AM

302 posts, read 579,033 times
Quote:
Actually with ACORN signing up people to vote 75 times they would really only need to have 106,667 people to conduct the fraud
This is silly, Obama won. Even if there was voter fraud, he won. Let us not get into the habit of acting like the dems, eating a diet of sour grapes for the next 4 years. Nor will we denigrate our new president by calling him stupid- never be as ugly as the other side.

Obama was elected by the people, now we can sit back and watch the show. All things good that happen will be a direct result of the obamassiah and all bad things will be a direct result of big bad bush. Reality has no place in politics.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:24 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,916,246 times
I didn't bother reading the 14 pages of this thread. I can already tell most of it is probably annoying ignorant bs that has plagued this board for the last few months.

Abortion is one thing I stay away from. Many people fail to see that 99% of People are AGAINST Abortion. It is just that 50% of people feel that one's right to be in this situation is up to them and not the government to decide. I think it is for the woman to decide, and not my right to force that decision.

Ever notice the ones that preach against big government are always the ones for the government outlawing people's rights?

Old 11-10-2008, 10:51 AM

Default The utter destruction of our rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff2v View Post
Thanks for finding. But, there are caveats. First, the quotes are anonymous. Second, the piece is from a avowedly and very partisan news outlet. And third, note that this piece is dated May 14, 2007. "Over the next six months" lasts until November, 2007. Still no Fairness Doctrine, and no steps towards putting one in place, a year later.
Well you can have the naive roll I'll pass.

• OCTOBER 17, 2008
A Liberal Supermajority - WSJ.com

Old 11-10-2008, 11:04 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,312,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

After reading about the Fairness Doctrine I can say that I hope it is reinstated.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof11 View Post
This is silly, Obama won. Even if there was voter fraud, he won. Let us not get into the habit of acting like the dems, eating a diet of sour grapes for the next 4 years. Nor will we denigrate our new president by calling him stupid- never be as ugly as the other side.

Obama was elected by the people, now we can sit back and watch the show. All things good that happen will be a direct result of the obamassiah and all bad things will be a direct result of big bad bush. Reality has no place in politics.
No one on the news or in the republican campaign has stated that they felt that the election was a fraud.

Obama never said that he was the messiah, and Farrakhan did not refer to him as the messiah. This is what I call racism because people will just accept anything that is said about Obama. People like this don't bother to look up facts.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes4birds View Post
That's a very ignorant statement. You don't know why I voted for Obama. I can tell you (without getting lengthy) that I voted for Obama b/c I do not agree with McCain's stand on almost every issue. I didn't drink the kool-aid (I don't think he can do no wrong), I weighed the issues very carefully using credible resources (not tv, not commercials, not biased columns, etc.) and I also do not tie McCain to Bush. In the end, I chose Obama.

I do not know that he will do well, I hope that he will do well. Just like you do not know that we are doomed (as you keep "warning"). If you know so well, why are you on this board and not trying to help Obama and voice to him (in whatever way you can) what you think he should do with some sound sources for your opinion? That's the way to really make a difference. I have questioned you recently, but I know that you have a lot of negative and passionate feelings about Obama and this country right now. I CHALLENGE YOU to turn those things around, and use them in a positive manner to support Obama and our country.

C'mon MA - you can do it!
Excellent post. I voted for him for the same reasons. I looked at both sides and decided. I didn't just listen to emails or to CNN or to FOX. I listened to all sides. I checked out the Farrakhan, Ayers, and Wright remarks, etc., and I do so fully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections