Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 10:27 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,306,384 times

Advertisements

Just like when people disagreed with Palin they were being labeled Sexist...Give me a break!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 10:28 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,404,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
actually, it makes no differance if you support Obama or G Dubya or George Washington.....Obama won....it's over.... let it go.....
Actually Obama stole the election with VOTER FRAUD!

Old 11-08-2008, 10:30 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,025,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
BULL excrement

Old 11-08-2008, 10:32 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,306,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
Well it seems if anyone disagrees with Obama's policies, they will be labeled a racist. This is unreal. I don't know if it is people racist against whites that throw this crap out there or just a way to protect Obama from criticism. But why don't you explain to me how I can support someone who I disagree with in matters that matter so much to me such as:
  • I am 100% for protecting the life of a baby from conception on. - Obama is for allowing full term abortions.
  • The killing of a baby because of inconvenience to the mother is not something I feel should be paid for by tax payers dollars. This is a very personal moral decision. - Obama supports my tax dollars going to the killing of human life.
  • Regardless if it helps or hurts the economy, I do not believe in redistribution of wealth as Obama put it to Joe. I believe in a flat tax with zero deductions. This is the only fair way to tax people and the wealthy would pay more simply because they make more. - Obama believes he is Robin Hood and he should be able to decide how much you make and who should get your money.
There are many more, but these are 3 key issues that would prevent me from supporting Obama. Now, I am not religious in any way shape or form, so don't start with the nutty evangelical crap.

Thoughts?
So you believe in a flat tax, yet support McCain??? Ok bizarre...
Obama believes how much money I should make and who should get it??? Any evidence whatsoever of this?

Abortion, what did the messiah Bush do in 6yrs of absolute control of all branches of gov't do to rid us of abortion? McCain publicly proclaimed he would not support the repeal of Roe v. Wade...Does this matter to you? Or are you like most of the rabid 20%ers, and facts and truth are just inconveniences foisted upon us by the evil liberal media???

Old 11-08-2008, 10:32 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,132,753 times
Quote:
Cry us a river............................................. ......

Old 11-08-2008, 10:38 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,064,536 times
Quote:
Well it seems if anyone disagrees with Obama's policies, they will be labeled a racist. This is unreal. I don't know if it is people racist against whites that throw this crap out there or just a way to protect Obama from criticism. But why don't you explain to me how I can support someone who I disagree with in matters that matter so much to me such as:
  • I am 100% for protecting the life of a baby from conception on. - Obama is for allowing full term abortions.
  • The killing of a baby because of inconvenience to the mother is not something I feel should be paid for by tax payers dollars. This is a very personal moral decision. - Obama supports my tax dollars going to the killing of human life.
  • Regardless if it helps or hurts the economy, I do not believe in redistribution of wealth as Obama put it to Joe. I believe in a flat tax with zero deductions. This is the only fair way to tax people and the wealthy would pay more simply because they make more. - Obama believes he is Robin Hood and he should be able to decide how much you make and who should get your money.
There are many more, but these are 3 key issues that would prevent me from supporting Obama. Now, I am not religious in any way shape or form, so don't start with the nutty evangelical crap.

Thoughts?
Obama is not "for" "full term abortions." The way to get lots and lots of "full term abortions" is to make abortion illegal. The way to have none is to keep it "safe, legal and rare."

Your tax dollars have supported abortions throughout the Bush and Reagan presidencies - right now under born-again Bush, a third of Planned Parenthood's funding is from the government.

Obama explained patiently to Joe the Plumber his stance on flat taxes.

So, abortion-wise - the rude answer is "If you dont want one, dont get one." Why attack Obama about something that doesnt relate to you? Flat-tax wise - though he once vaguely said he'd sign a flat tax bill if one came across his desk, McCain didnt push it or a similar tax relief plan in his campaign, which IMO possibly could have won him the election. It looks as if a flat tax isnt actually a sensible way to go. Why attack Obama for using practical common sense?

Last edited by delusianne; 11-08-2008 at 10:49 AM..

Old 11-08-2008, 10:56 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,075,868 times
Quote:

Thoughts?
1) If you think abortion is wrong, don't have one.
2) Like you said, it is a PERSONAL decision. See #1.
3) making abortion illegal will not stop them, just make them less safe.
4) Trickle down economics hasn't worked for the last 8 years. Why should we continue to reward the rich with tax breaks, and not give, for example, a teacher, a break.

If you are so interested in protecting a glob of cells that could grow into a baby, maybe you should focus your energy on some of the atrocities in this world that happen to fully grown human beings, or focus on ways to help that mother who chose to keep her glob of cells and let it become a baby, despite not having the monetary resources to care for it.

You really don't HAVE to support Obama if you don't want to. With or without your support, he's the next president.

4,586 posts, read 5,465,970 times
Quote:
Well, this is Jimmy Carter II coming into office. Remember JC with 21 % interest rates and double digit unemployment. These policies do not work. Regan came in and we had prosperity everywhere, low interest rates and low unemployment rates. It's a matter of fact. He was also one of the most popular Presidents in history. Even your side liked him. Another fact. If the Liberal policies always work, why do they always end up out of power?

But again, it is not if it works or does not. It's a matter of philosophical views. If I think it is morally wrong and Obama thinks it is right, then I cannot support him. If we terminated the life of 10% of the population, unemployment would drop. Does that mean I should support it?
Why do conservatives keep pulling Carter out of their arsses when we're dealing with a far worst President today..SKip Clinton and reach way back to the 70s. Please, all I have to do is turn on the tv today and look out at the numscull we have today and know the American people made the right choice.

9,327 posts, read 21,964,410 times
The truth is if you want to support him or not, its your choice and perogative.

Quote:

Thoughts?

Old 11-08-2008, 10:57 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,465,970 times
Quote:
LOL......ACORN stole 8 million votes huh..LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections