Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 11:26 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,376,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingthoughts View Post
52,000 more Abortions under Bush than Clinton. When women and children are supported with good services, sexual education and a good economy. Less Abortions Happen. Clinton had them down to an ALL time record low.

Obama is not pro abortion. He wasnt going to vote yes on any bill that jeopardizes Roe vs Wade.

Trickle down is Proven not to work. It crashes the economy everytime the Repubs try it. Example:
Reagan, Bush Recession-- Clinton Economic Boom --- Bush Recession.
There are 50 million more people in the US now than when Clinton took office....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 11:28 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,896,359 times
The President's views on abortion don't generally change abortion rules. If we still have freedom of choice after eight years of Bush in the White House, I wouldn't worry so much about our President elect's views changing the general issue either.

As for the rest, we will never have a president that 100% of the people absolutely adore. That's just the way it is. If you disagree with a policy, speak up about it. You can start locally if you want to better be heard.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:32 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,576,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Those are your beliefs on abortion, and that is your right. However your rights end when they infringe upon the rights of others to follow their beliefs in their lives. Don't approve of ____________ then don't do ____________

Or in terms that might be easier to understand. My right to swing my fist, stops just short of your face.
Excellent response!!! You are absolutely right...

However - it won't matter to some of the posters- they're going to try to tear-down Obama every day for the next 8 years...

Oh well - just take comfort in the fact that Obama won, and the Republican detractors have no power to do anything to stop the policies he will implement - which most of the country supports..

Old 11-08-2008, 11:34 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,558,332 times
Thumbs up GAisGreat wins today's word Prize!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
The OP isn't serious. The OP is just another one of these rabid, foaming at the mouth talk-radio people. The criteria they listed is easily repudiated as reasons to not support Obama. Yet they never reply. Typical of these people. They don't really have issues to stand on, they are just foaming at the mouth, hate-filled, talk-radiots.
Radiots!!

Talk Radiots!

I love it, I will be using this often over the next 4 years, thank you! (with your permission of course)

Old 11-08-2008, 11:36 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,306,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
There are 50 million more people in the US now than when Clinton took office....
Well of course there are 50 million more people....Thanks to your President Bush and the Republicans they have opened the flood gates and thrown out the welcome mat for any and all illegal aliens that want to come here and provide dirt cheap labor for their corporate buddies, while being provided with all benefits via the taxpayers.

THANKS REPUBLICANS

Old 11-08-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Radiots!!

Talk Radiots!

I love it, I will be using this often over the next 4 years, thank you! (with your permission of course)
Please feel free...I don't know what else to call these people...They don't truely believe in what the Republican party supposedly stands for...They don't live their lives like 'true' conservatives do...They typically aren't very educated or smart....Joe the Plumber is a very good representation of them. All the ignorance, hypocrisy, and obnoxiouseness rolled up into one!

All their views, hysteria, vile, hatred, and ignorance comes from their obsessive following of everything they hear on talk-radio...So they are talk-radiots, the 20%ers (the small minority that still actually support George Bush).

Old 11-08-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
Well of course there are 50 million more people....Thanks to your President Bush and the Republicans they have opened the flood gates and thrown out the welcome mat for any and all illegal aliens that want to come here and provide dirt cheap labor for their corporate buddies, while being provided with all benefits via the taxpayers.

THANKS REPUBLICANS
People come to America for a better life.

You totally disregard why I even stated that also. A 50,000 increase in abortions when 50 million people were added to the population shows .1% of those new people got abortions.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html

Per 1000 women of child bearing age.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:

You totally disregard why I even stated that also. A 50,000 increase in abortions when 50 million people were added to the population shows .1% of those new people got abortions.

Facts on Induced Abortion in the United States

Yes thanks to George Bush and the Republicans illegals were welcomed to come here for a better life at OUR expense. And thank you for agreeing that more abortions were performed while the so-called chosen one from god, George Bush, was president.

once again....THANKS REPUBLICANS

Old 11-08-2008, 11:59 AM

511 posts, read 657,125 times
Quote:

Facts on Induced Abortion in the United States

Ignorance. Go look at the numbers as to WHY abortions became LESS Under Clinton---ALL TIME LOW UNDER CLINTON..... from Bush SR-->> to Clinton. so many people try to prove this wrong and NEVER do. try again.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:02 PM

Is Obama going to use tax dollars to fund abortions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections