Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 07:36 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,596,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Wrong this thread was about "Sasha Obama", you and Miborn hijacked the thread on page one. I challenge you to search my post history and point out one single post where I said anything uncomely about any of the candidates children
Ah, just me and Miborn clicking away

I certainly hope you have never slurred a candidates child.....but it is odd that you are so determined to defend those that do and have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 07:37 PM

14,647 posts, read 16,997,548 times
Quote:
Thanks to the OP for posting this! The kids are beautiful & obviously very loved.
You're welcome. God bless.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
What I see is a poster using double entendre to insult both Obama and people with Down's Syndrome.
I wasn't the poster who equated treatment of Barack Obama the Democratic POTUS nominee with Palins underaged children, one of whom is a child with down syndrome.

I was the poster, however, who did point out that perhaps Obama could defend himself against slurs whereas a child (specifically one with down syndrome) probably could not.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:40 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,148,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I certainly hope you have never slurred a candidates child.....but it is odd that you are so determined to defend those that do and have.
You're good at taking others posts out of context, but whatever tickles your fancy.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:41 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,894,032 times
Quote:
I didn't read or post much the week leading up to the election....it much too ugly in here for me.
I did ask a question once about Obamas devotion to a man who abandoned not only him but apparently a lot of his children as well. I wondered because my dhs father was the same way, only my dh has no respect for his 'dad'.
I also questioned some posters who were painting Obamas mother as a wonderful mother. I disagree with that, not to be mean to Obama but because I don't think trying to whitewash an absentee parent is in the best interest of society.
(sigh) I disagree heartedly with people who drag a candidates family through the mud. Especially when it is done with glee. It is one thing to discuss rationally an aspect of a candidates life (mccain leaving his first wife -- completely classless imho) and quite another to tear down the candidates family (going over Cindy Mccains drug addiction). Palins church and religous beliefs needed to be explored, the maternity of her son did not. Do you see?
Why was it ok for you to question anything about Obama's parents and it was classless to discuss McCains first wife and his current wife? Sorry for my obtuseness but I don't see any difference there except the political party. And as for Palin's church and religious beliefs, they have as much relevance as Obama's. Do you see?

I could care less who Trig's biological mother is and never engaged in conversation about that.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Why was it ok for you to question anything about Obama's parents and it was classless to discuss McCains first wife and his current wife? Sorry for my obtuseness but I don't see any difference there except the political party. And as for Palin's church and religious beliefs, they have as much relevance as Obama's. Do you see?

I could care less who Trig's biological mother is and never engaged in conversation about that.
It is OK for me to question aspects of Obamas upbringing and it is OK to question Mccain leaving his first wife. It is also OK to question Palins church and her personal beliefs such as the rapture that could put our country in harms way. It is also Ok to question Obamas church and his beliefs as they pertained to whites.
Do you see?

Palins children have and had no business being discussed. Neither does Obamas children. Mccains wife had no business being talked about as a crack ***** since she is in recovery and has been for what, 15 years? Obamas wife similiarly should never have been talked about whether it was her thesis or her looks.
Do you see?
This is not about payback, this is about decency.

Oh, and when I said

(mccain leaving his first wife -- completely classless imho)

I meant that Mccain leaving his first wife, especially in the way that he did it was classless...not that questioning it was classless.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
I wasn't the poster who equated treatment of Barack Obama the Democratic POTUS nominee with Palins underaged children, one of whom is a child with down syndrome.

I was the poster, however, who did point out that perhaps Obama could defend himself against slurs whereas a child (specifically one with down syndrome) probably could not.
You were the one who took an opportunity to insult both Obama and the mentally handicapped by posting,
Quote:
Unless you are trying to equate Obama with a down syndromed baby?

Old 11-08-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
This is not about payback, this is about decency.
So what you're saying is everything is up for grabs except the children. I see.

We have different definitions for decency.

Last edited by Siouxcia; 11-08-2008 at 08:06 PM..

Old 11-08-2008, 08:50 PM

726 posts, read 2,261,527 times
She's a really cute child.
I think she looks like, both mom and dad. Anyways, she's still cute.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:00 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,563,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Yet another by the same moron, I guess the original post was deleted but this quote wasn't. So all the lefties are arseholes because of one who proved himself to be just that?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/5462424-post24.html
I never said all the "lefties" (your word, not mine) were arseholes. Go back and read my post again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections