Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 12:17 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,458,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post

Sorry they have been in more magazines and talk shows than Palin children.
First off all..the Obama's have been in the spotlight for 4 years so of course his kids would have been in the press more..The public just met Palin and her flock in September and she's been trotting her kids out everywhere, rallies, puck droppings and everything..We see that Palin infant as much as we've seen that smiling side puppet Lieberman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 12:18 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,156,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
If you don't think this double standard is not going to resonate with people think again! the more these kids are out there and it is ok and not attacked the more it is going to upset people!
And show the real left party for what they have become vicious hateful sexist people only to those on the right and it is ok because they don't agree with us and they don't count!
Why werent the McCain camps kids on the stage with them? Because they would have been attacked for it for a number of reasons.
but it is ok for the Obama children to be out with their parents and nobody said a word............. negatively about it............
There is no double standard. Apples and oranges. You seem to think that any instance of children appearing in public with their parents and getting caught by a photographer is exploitation...it's not! The Obamas don't control the media! And hello, Megan McCain has been on stage with her dad and promoting him all over the place. Never mind, I'm talking to a [mod cut], facts and logic aren't going to make any inroads here...

Last edited by katzenfreund; 11-08-2008 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: no insults!

Old 11-08-2008, 12:25 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,323,979 times
I had nothing but nice things to say about the Palin kids and I have nothing but nice things to say about the Obama kids. The kids should be off limits. It's nice as human interest to see a few pictures of them but they shouldn't be targeted for criticism.
Thanks for the links.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:26 PM

8,064 posts, read 17,943,637 times
Yeah, she's a cutie-pie. The other girl has her mother's odd jutting chin, poor thing.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:27 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,892,636 times
Miborn, it's apparent you know how to use search engines. Just for $hits and giggles why don't you do a little research on Presidential candidates and see how many of them DID NOT include their children in their campaign.

And while your at it, why don't you see how many pictures of the Palin children you find vs the Obama children for the SAME PERIOD of time on the campaign trail?

*Some people look in the mirror and see 'staunch supporter' yet others look at them and see a 'hypocritic & fanatic.*

Old 11-08-2008, 12:28 PM

17,763 posts, read 39,578,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Yeah, it's ironic how Obama's kids are cute...No bashing of the parents. Yet when it was Palin, the bashing on here was repeated over and over.

I agree with you!!!!
pointing out hypocrisy with the Palin family isn't bashing, just pointing out the obvious. And her trotting Trig out like a trophy was despicable. I feel sorry for Piper .. having to endure the boos at that hockey game.

The Obama's have kept their girls out of the campaign for the most part. I did cringe during the convention though ... Sasha was being a bit of a ham.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:29 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,892,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Yeah, she's a cutie-pie. The other girl has her mother's odd jutting chin, poor thing.
Your posts cause me to believe that you are a truly bitter woman.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:30 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,414,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
You could have been gracious enough to leave out the second sentence in your post.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:32 PM

14,647 posts, read 16,992,849 times
I agree. Outward beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I think God bless.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:33 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,287,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Your posts cause me to believe that you are a truly bitter woman.
Yeah bitter and desperate for attention. Looky here, she's already got responses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections