Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 12:51 PM

8,064 posts, read 17,943,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I haven't thrashed the Palin kids, Teatime and it is atrocious that anyone would call Trig that. He is a special little baby, just as valuable as any other child. God bless.
No, you haven't, and I'm sorry that I included you in the generalization. But the overwhelming majority of the Obama supporters DID.

Saying that the oldest daughter has the mother's chin, which she does, is nothing compared to the really nasty things said about the Palin kids. It WILL be fun to watch the youngish First Family settle in to the White House but it just amazes me that the Dems can raise up one family while continuing to trash another family and see NOTHING wrong or hypocritical about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 12:51 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,414,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Nope. I would have been if y'all hadn't thrashed the Palin kids, even stooping so low as to call Trig a "retard." But since absolutely NO delicacy was shown toward those children, the Dem. kids are fair game.
Don't include me in that. Not once have I ever bashed her children. I even took up for her child when people were saying she was exploiting the child and making that remark you referred to. Her children are precious, too. I have made it my point to stick to the fact that she is not qualified to be either VP or President. Don't put everyone into the same basket.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:52 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,323,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Don't include me in that. Not once have I ever bashed her children. I even took up for her child when people were saying she was exploiting the child and making that remark you referred to. Her children are precious, too. I have made it my point to stick to the fact that she is not qualified to be either VP or President. Don't put everyone into the same basket.
same here.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:55 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,089,424 times
Quote:
Yeah, she's a cutie-pie. The other girl has her mother's odd jutting chin, poor thing.
Sheesh!

Old 11-08-2008, 12:57 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,892,636 times
The posters who bashed the Palin children were in turn bashed by BOTH sides of the tickets. NO ONE should attack innocent children. I never contributed to any negative post regarding the Palin children.

If teatime, as she posted, considers the Obama children, 'fair game', bring it on beech, 'cause I'm armed and waiting. I'll be danm'd if I'm going to sit quiet and not give back what's being shoveled out.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:58 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,562,296 times
There were just a few jerks out there that made some comments. A few of them were banned I believe. Not all or most of the Obama supporters were doing this. Just like not all, or most of the McCain supporters were being jerks either.

This jerk really stands out, I believe he was banned. And people from both sides came to Palin's defense on this particular comment.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/5627153-post30.html

Old 11-08-2008, 12:59 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,414,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
There were just a few jerks out there that made some comments. A few of them were banned I believe. Not all or most of the Obama supporters were doing this. Just like not all, or most of the McCain supporters were being jerks either.

This jerk really stands out, I believe he was banned. And people from both sides came to Palin's defense on this particular comment.

Yep, that's the one. I think I even reported this bozo.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:06 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,146,466 times
Quote:

Yet another by the same moron, I guess the original post was deleted but this quote wasn't. So all the lefties are arseholes because of one who proved himself to be just that?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/5462424-post24.html

Old 11-08-2008, 01:10 PM

8,064 posts, read 17,943,637 times
Quote:

Oh, please. Some of them are posting on this very thread!!!! I'm glad the worst offenders were banned but the feeding frenzy was all-encompassing.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:14 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,146,466 times
Quote:
Oh, please. Some of them are posting on this very thread!!!! I'm glad the worst offenders were banned but the feeding frenzy was all-encompassing.
The vast majority of posts were against Palin for using her son as a campaign prop and you damn well know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections