Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 12:15 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
The posters who bashed the Palin children were in turn bashed by BOTH sides of the tickets. NO ONE should attack innocent children. I never contributed to any negative post regarding the Palin children.

If teatime, as she posted, considers the Obama children, 'fair game', bring it on beech, 'cause I'm armed and waiting. I'll be danm'd if I'm going to sit quiet and not give back what's being shoveled out.
Oooooooooo, we're SO intimidated! I have no intention of thrashing the Obama kids so you can quit frothing at the mouth. I made an objective comment about the other girl while saying the first one was a "cutie-pie" and y'all go ballistic. But NOTHING was off-limits or too tacky for your side.

And don't try to play innocent. I remember your attacks all too well and reported some of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
The vast majority of posts were against Palin for using her son as a campaign prop and you damn well know it.
If you find comfort in believing that, by all means. But the truth of the matter is that this forum was LOADED with nasty posts about Trig not being Palin's child and nasty, nasty posts against Bristol, even going so far as calling her a *****. Those who say, "Not I!" aided and abetted those who were the nastiest, either by agreeing with them or not telling them to knock it off. And the proof of THAT is the plethora of mean-spirited posts.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:24 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
And the proof of THAT is the plethora of mean-spirited posts.
There was a plethora of mean-spirited posts from either side about the others candidates.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:31 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,902 times
Quote:
I have no intention of thrashing the Obama kids so you can quit frothing at the mouth.

And don't try to play innocent. I remember your attacks all too well and reported some of them.
You don't? Then why post this,
Quote:
the Dem. kids are fair game.
Of what are you accusing me? Bashing the Palin children? If so, your an out and out liar! I have never bashed the Palin children. Find one post where I did and I will send a donation to Palin's Presidential campaign fund!!

You reported my attacks? No one's slapped my hands as of yet. Guess you were the only one who had a problem with them. I've only given back to the repugs what they've dished out. I must have done a good job if you 'reported' them.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
There was a plethora of mean-spirited posts from either side about the others candidates.
How many of them attacked Obama's kids? Compare that with the number attacking Palin's kids.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
How many of them attacked Obama's kids? Compare that with the number attacking Palin's kids.
How about you posting links to the posts attacking Palin's kids, then we might have something to talk about.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:36 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,382,450 times
Quote:
If you find comfort in believing that, by all means. But the truth of the matter is that this forum was LOADED with nasty posts about Trig not being Palin's child and nasty, nasty posts against Bristol, even going so far as calling her a *****. Those who say, "Not I!" aided and abetted those who were the nastiest, either by agreeing with them or not telling them to knock it off. And the proof of THAT is the plethora of mean-spirited posts.
Look,... I got into it over Bristol, I put my opinions out there but they were in support of her position and just how difficult it can be. You're using a broad brush to paint a picket fence. I don't condone picking on kids.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
You don't? Then why post this,

Of what are you accusing me? Bashing the Palin children? If so, your an out and out liar! I have never bashed the Palin children. Find one post where I did and I will send a donation to Palin's Presidential campaign fund!!

You reported my attacks? No one's slapped my hands as of yet. Guess you were the only one who had a problem with them. I've only given back to the repugs what they've dished out. I must have done a good job if you 'reported' them.
Oh, I recall specific and graphic personal attacks you made about me that were deleted. Raving, looney crap in which you irrationally ranted about what you thought I looked like. I had you on Ignore because of that and since you're frothing again, it looks like I need to resume that status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Sweet, I'm looking forward to watching both of them grow over the next 8 years!

3,722 posts, read 4,309,424 times
I feel nothing but imense pride and wish them all the best. The Obama girls were only brought out at certain events where as the Palin children were dragged across the country for a vareity of events. My problem however was with Palin draging Triggs out on stage with all those flashing lights and staggering decibles - that was on the verge of child abuse.

The media, Hollywood and some ignorant twits that post here would like us to believe that there are no intact black families. We are all welfare subsidised, incarcerated parents, have dead beat fathers with children by numerous women. To hear them we are low achievers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections