Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 04:40 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
Actually, financially we were doing great up until Democrats took over in 2006. Then everything fell apart. No surprise.
Yeah but it was a mutual effort just for the record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 04:42 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,008,871 times
Nothing is going to be solved immediately.
Most sensible folks realize nothing will be solved in 4 years.
But people are glad to welcome an articulate leader who recognizes the fact that the United States needs to get along with the rest of the world.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:58 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Yeah but it was a mutual effort just for the record.
BUSH had been complaining about CONGRESS since way back when. BUSH can have the best economic policy but it is NO GOOD if Congress does not do anything about writing the bills and writing them correctly that will benefit the USA.

Bush: Congress is not getting its work done - CNN.com
October 30, 2007
Story Highlights
-Bush: Senate "wasting valuable time" with children's health insurance bill
-Congress "holding hostage" funds for troops,
-Bush says Bush accuses Congress of gridlock, failing to promote anyone's agenda
-Democrats fire back, saying Bush's words "ring hollow"

Bush Blames Congress for Economic Problems : NPR

Bush Blames Congress for Economic Problems
April 29, 2008
The president says Congress is blocking his proposals to deal with high gas prices. He also called on lawmakers to pass legislation to combat the housing crisis.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/19/wa...n/19drill.html
June 19, 2008
WASHINGTON — President Bush urged Congress on Wednesday to end a federal ban on offshore oil drilling and open a portion of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge for oil exploration, asserting that those steps and others would lower gasoline prices and “strengthen our national security.”
“I know the Democratic leaders have opposed some of these policies in the past,” Mr. Bush said. “Now that their opposition has helped drive gas prices to record levels, I ask them to reconsider their positions.

etc. etc.

GAS PRICE
http://zfacts.com/metaPage/lib/zFact...line-Price.png

HOUSE PRICE
http://jluscher.googlepages.com/house_price_trend.gif/house_price_trend-large.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-08-2008, 05:05 PM

Just the Facts: The Administration's Unheeded Warnings About the Systemic Risk Posed by the GSEs

But trying to lay blame on anyone at this point is kinda useless as dem's blame bush....reps blame dems...and independents blame everyone. It's a distraction to solving the problem.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:07 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,206 times
Bush Appointee Blocked By Nine-Second Senate Session
December 27, 2007

The House was quiet as a mouse the day after Christmas. But across the Capitol, the Senate was operating in an unusually efficient manner in its ongoing power struggle with President Bush.

A nine-second session gaveled in and out by Sen. Jim Webb, D-Va., prevented Bush from appointing as an assistant attorney general a nominee roundly rejected by majority Democrats.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Bush Appointee Blocked By Nine-Second Senate Session
December 27, 2007

The House was quiet as a mouse the day after Christmas. But across the Capitol, the Senate was operating in an unusually efficient manner in its ongoing power struggle with President Bush.

A nine-second session gaveled in and out by Sen. Jim Webb, D-Va., prevented Bush from appointing as an assistant attorney general a nominee roundly rejected by majority Democrats.
That's exactly why we need more people willing to be accountable for their mistakes and be honest with the people. None of them have... Lot's of fingers being pointed though.Clinton is the only one that has actually come out to accept some blame and truthfully put it where it belongs.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:02 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Two things-

First, I am so tired of hearing how all liberals consider Obama to be the Messiah, or how his supporters will soon learn he is just a man. ....................
First, not "all liberal" consider Obama to be the Messiah. There are many very intelligent, clear thinking Democrats who supported Obama because they honestly believe he's the right man for the job. No question about that.

However, unfortuntely there are many, many Democrats (and Republicans, by the way) who do think of him as "the One", "the answer", "the Messiah", the "second coming". Are you not aware of that? They've been on television, they're quoted in newspapers.

Those are the people I'm referring to. Those are the people who will learn that he is "just a man".

And he is ... is he not? Do you think he's more than a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
Here's the thing...Expectations have become so LOW after what the Bush Republicans have done to the country and world.............................. This clown takes over in 2001, and after a while it's kinda like 'ok its so obvious he's a total failuer he'll be gone soon'. Then its like HOLY CRAP...It's 2008 and this trainwreck is STILL in charge!

.....................At this point a sponge could've been elected President and the entire world would believe it could do at least twice as good as the George Bush Republicans!
Do you know that I actually find myself feeling very sorry for you. I have a feeling you haven't lived through too many presidencies, but in time you will find that no one President is perfect, no one President is all things to all people, and Barack Obama most assuredly will not be.

What we can hope for is that he is taking this country in the right direction and that he will achieve some success in doing so.

At least you didn't set your expectations too high and since a sponge would have been an improvement for you, then you would have equally happy no matter who was elected.

History one day will show a completely different picture of George Bush. Unfortunately, I won't be here to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Nothing is going to be solved immediately.
Most sensible folks realize nothing will be solved in 4 years.
But people are glad to welcome an articulate leader who recognizes the fact that the United States needs to get along with the rest of the world.
I completely agree with your premise. I wish I shared you belief that most people realize nothing will be solved in 4 years. I'm afraid a vast majority of those voting for Obama believe that much will be solved within 6 months to a year. Just watch when it doesn't happen.

Did you know you're not supposed to use the word "articulate" when referring to Obama? It's considered racist. Not by me, but by some. Biden got slammed when he used it all those months ago. Evidently Obama forgave him. Just a heads up.

Last edited by McMolly; 11-08-2008 at 06:41 PM..

Old 11-08-2008, 06:29 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
You missed my point completely. I apologize for not being clearer.

No, I do not consider him to be the messiah. I do not think him to be more than just a man. I am a supporter, a liberal, and I am thrilled he will soon be in office.

Hope that helps

Old 11-08-2008, 06:43 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
You missed my point completely. I apologize for not being clearer.

No, I do not consider him to be the messiah. I do not think him to be more than just a man. I am a supporter, a liberal, and I am thrilled he will soon be in office.

Hope that helps
And evidently I wasn't clear either. I'm not referring to you personally. I'm sure that's clear in my post. I said there are many clear thinking, intelligent people who believe in Obama. And frankly it is those people I listen to now and they give me hope that I could be wrong. I want to be wrong.

So what I'm saying is that not every Obama supporter is like you. Many think he can work miracles. And no matter what happens, it is those people who will be disappointed. He cannot possibly live up to their expectation.

Hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections