U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 01:51 PM

7,730 posts, read 8,596,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Why on gods earth is the left still pre-occupied with Palin? Please.. get a life. Go out and spend money, after all, you need to prove Obama was the right one, and you cant do that sitting at home complaining about the losers..
Obama will ask more of Americans than to fear everything and shop. He's already proven that with his election. That's why having a community organizer for President isn't as bad as the Republicans would have us believe. If you disagree, you're going to have to work to change Obama's mind. There are millions still working on his changes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 01:52 PM

11,011 posts, read 9,213,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylehny View Post
First of all, that was a myth.

Second of all, since when was cracking jokes a qualification to become president?

If she was qualified, 60% of America wouldn't think otherwise. If you think she's qualified, I'm going to advise you to lay off the drugs.
So far all Obama has shown us was that he had to spend 1 billion dollars to land a 400k job. Does that sound like a qualifaction to become president?

Old 11-09-2008, 01:53 PM

40,060 posts, read 19,107,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
....this just wont end, will it?
Not for a while. People who supported the Republican ticket evidently don't like having the shoe on the other foot. When Bush won (sorry--I meant to say, when Bush was installed as President) they thought it was in poor taste for Democrats not to support their man. Now it's the other way around. They can dish it out, but they can't take it.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:57 PM

15,788 posts, read 13,506,772 times
Quote:
Why on gods earth is the left still pre-occupied with Palin? Please.. get a life. Go out and spend money, after all, you need to prove Obama was the right one, and you cant do that sitting at home complaining about the losers..
Gee, I don't know. Why don't you write to FOX News and complain? It seems to me this latest flare premiered on Bill O'reilly's show - and you know what a Leftist he is.

Ken

Old 11-09-2008, 01:59 PM

15,788 posts, read 13,506,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
So far all Obama has shown us was that he had to spend 1 billion dollars to land a 400k job. Does that sound like a qualifaction to become president?
Absolutely!
Money well spent in my opinion.

Ken

Old 11-09-2008, 02:00 PM

8,246 posts, read 7,711,224 times
Quote:
I still can't stand her. I was just re-watching her smug, rude RNC speech for laughs and she asked;

"What's the difference between a small town mayor and a community organizer"? And I have an answer for her:

PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Hah!
Great line! Don't mess with a successful Community Organizer when it comes to getting the vote out!

Old 11-09-2008, 02:02 PM

8,246 posts, read 7,711,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
you do realize that her teleprompter went out for 10 minutes during her speech, she had to improvise and that's why people love her.
I guess you missed the ten times I posted the links that debunk this rumor! After all, I assume you watched the Charles Gibson & Katie Couric interviews when she had to actually think on her own (although coached & prepped)

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonath...not_break.html

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/robert-s...pter-myth.html

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.co...d-lies-of.html

These are just a few. Just because someone on the internet starts a silly rumor (also called a lie) doesn't make it so.

Last edited by justNancy; 11-09-2008 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: add links

Old 11-09-2008, 02:05 PM

20,811 posts, read 9,257,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Yep, that sums it up quite well. But, when you think about it, these people are just like their candidate -- always campaigning and quickly bored/disenchanted with the actual job. Obama wanted to move on after just one year in the Senate; I wonder what he expects to move on to after a year or two in the presidency?
If he doesn't like it in the first two years, he is really going to hate it in 2011 and 2012 after the second republican revolution.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:06 PM

7,334 posts, read 11,291,075 times
Quote:
First of all, that was a myth.

Second of all, since when was cracking jokes a qualification to become president?

If she was qualified, 60% of America wouldn't think otherwise. If you think she's qualified, I'm going to advise you to lay off the drugs.
The pain of jealously hurts so badly..! I'm sorry you hurt, but it isn't Sarah's fault she is so much more than you could ever hope to be...

Old 11-09-2008, 02:06 PM

23,484 posts, read 18,801,421 times
Quote:
So instead of hearing all of the wonderful things Obama will do over the next 4 years, you guys have decided to start your negative campaign against the next candidate, before your candidate has even taken office. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.. please..
We are just commenting on the clearly Republican in fighting. They need to stop giving us headline material and life will go on. They are so bent on destroying her so other candidates can emerge as favorite. It really is quite amusing you must admit to watch them and then conjecture how could they have ever administered the country. Can you imagine McCain having done as much as Obama already? Can anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections