Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2008, 12:04 AM

714 posts, read 1,538,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
(Shakes head slowly). My daughter, my sons and I all do volunteer work. I had them with me since they were infants when I did volunteer work within my community. I have pictures of them picking up trash in the city parks when the trash bags were bigger than they were and carrying baked goods we were given by the local Target store into various senior apartment complexes when they were in grade school. We adopt a family every Christmas and provide the goods to make it a "Merry Christmas". For them it's no big deal, it's part of who they are.

I am blessed in having a career that pays me very well and if I choose to spend it on my family in whatever way I want, thank you God, I can!

Look in the mirror and to those who you support in this forum and you won't find anyone who gives to their community as much as we do. So save your sanctimonious platitudes for the 'non-welfare' government wards and their ilk.
Working hard and deserving to keep what you make is not a value that Obama supports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 12:07 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
We are traveling to Ireland and Spain, I don't think people know exactly how bad Bush is preceived there.
Spain wasn't as bad as France but not as friendly as Argentina. I was cornered by a gentleman who was Basque who after he realized I spoke fluent Spanish insisted on talking politics with me for over an hour!!

Old 11-10-2008, 12:12 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
I would like to point something out which seems to have been overlooked (unless I just missed it). I've commented on this a few times in this forum but it's always been glazed past, more or less.

If you pull your stocks from the market, fire employees and stop spending in anticipation of an office that isn't even turned over yet, you are creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. Of course the economy is going to cross the line from recession-like to full-blown recession or even depression if the money is yanked right out of it. Did we learn nothing from the crash of 1929? Go over it again. I mean go over the details. Panicking and pulling money OUT OF an already flagging system is its death knell.

And I have the unsettling and very upsetting feeling that in a small way, this may be what some people want (which I get from the victorious, almost gleeful predictions of how awful things are "going to" be...people, do you hear yourselves?). In order to "prove" Obama was the wrong choice, they're making moves now to ensure that just as he's stepping into office, the economy falls deeper into the toilet than ever. Think about your kids, people, and the world you're handing to them before you strike out in a temper-tantrum rage and urge this country toward an economic meltdown. Pull out your history books and see what the results of such actions have been in the past.

I have zero respect for people knowingly and willfully encouraging economic collapse by pulling their contributions (such as providing employment) from the system. None. You're thinking that once we fall directly into the crapper and are literally on bread lines rather than slowly recovering, we'll all say, "Oh no. We should NEVER have voted liberal!" No, dears. Some of us have learned a thing or two from prior economic collapses. We will know exactly who to blame. You.

I am sickened by that whole attitude...you know better.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
Working hard and deserving to keep what you make is not a value that Obama supports.
Bull scat. He did the same thing I did in working up to his personal success. Take off the blinders, quit drinking the Kool-aid and read/listen to what he wants for the American people. If you do it objectively you'll see it's not the nightmare those on the far Right profess it to be.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I would like to point something out which seems to have been overlooked (unless I just missed it). I've commented on this a few times in this forum but it's always been glazed past, more or less.

If you pull your stocks from the market, fire employees and stop spending in anticipation of an office that isn't even turned over yet, you are creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. Of course the economy is going to cross the line from recession-like to full-blown recession or even depression if the money is yanked right out of it. Did we learn nothing from the crash of 1929? Go over it again. I mean go over the details. Panicking and pulling money OUT OF an already flagging system is its death knell.

And I have the unsettling and very upsetting feeling that in a small way, this may be what some people want (which I get from the victorious, almost gleeful predictions of how awful things are "going to" be...people, do you hear yourselves?). In order to "prove" Obama was the wrong choice, they're making moves now to ensure that just as he's stepping into office, the economy falls deeper into the toilet than ever. Think about your kids, people, and the world you're handing to them before you strike out in a temper-tantrum rage and urge this country toward an economic meltdown. Pull out your history books and see what the results of such actions have been in the past.

I have zero respect for people knowingly and willfully encouraging economic collapse by pulling their contributions (such as providing employment) from the system. None. You're thinking that once we fall directly into the crapper and are literally on bread lines rather than slowly recovering, we'll all say, "Oh no. We should NEVER have voted liberal!" No, dears. Some of us have learned a thing or two from prior economic collapses. We will know exactly who to blame. You.

I am sickened by that whole attitude...you know better.
Can't give you reps but well said!

Old 11-10-2008, 12:17 AM

Ok I'll say it because I know someone is thinking it....

Here are what I consider Democrats (stereotypes of course)

Well educated "professor types"-tend to be somewhat hippieish...love old houses..older neighborhoods...

Gays and Lesbians- usualy well educated as well, or in fashion or hair

Interacial families

Alternative- punk types

Not common sense thinkers....they typically want "proof" liked stated in this post even on issues that don't require it

Not into sports unless it is something like slow bike rides

I forgot the other side.....

Uneducated.....having an attitude that they did not make it in life because of the gov. and that the gov. owes them something....mainly a check....because they have had it harder than the rest.

LOVE to travel abroad...

Enjoy organic anything, lots are Vegan

Are tolerent...have the attitude that if your nice everything will be fine

Love the arts

and much more.....

BEFORE the slams start....I know that this is not true for everyone...It's just my O

Old 11-10-2008, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Since we libs are lying around looking at our bare feet, smoking pot, having sex all the time and not working,
We can do that!!! Danm, I'm in the wrong lefty club. LOL

Old 11-10-2008, 12:21 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
We can do that!!! Danm, I'm in the wrong lefty club. LOL
I can't BELIEVE you never got that memo. I'll forward it to you right away! (Note to self: Add Siouxcia to the Secret Lazy Sex-Having Pot-Smoking Out-of-Country Traveling Leftie Club)

Old 11-10-2008, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
Ok I'll say it because I know someone is thinking it....

Here are what I consider Democrats (stereotypes of course)

Well educated "professor types"-tend to be somewhat hippieish...love old houses..older neighborhoods...

Gays and Lesbians- usualy well educated as well, or in fashion or hair

Interacial families

Not common sense thinkers....they typically want "proof" liked stated in this post even on issues that don't require it

LOVE to travel abroad...

Enjoy organic anything, lots are Vegan

Are tolerent...have the attitude that if your nice everything will be fine

Love the arts

and much more.....

BEFORE the slams start....I know that this is not true for everyone...It's just my O
What's your point?

Old 11-10-2008, 12:26 AM

Someone asked for stats......which I am not willing to search for...so I gave a IMO reply. Not really a point just a simple observation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections