Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2008, 12:30 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,463,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
This thread is proof that economics should be taught in middle school...Frightening!

The world, as a whole, is much better off after November 4, 2008.
You can't fix stupid unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 02:23 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,364,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I am financially secure, thanks for being concerned though.
Then you must have everything in secure savings as I do 401k and all?
If not your living a dream.

Diane G

Old 11-10-2008, 02:28 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,364,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I'm not getting the travel abroad bit. Are you saying that you were somehow afraid of traveling out-of-country until Obama was elected? And that your comfiture about being an American is directly related to who occupies the White House?
If they are they have drank too much Kool-Aid. I cruised from Europe last year but would not do it this year. Cruising to Alaska this year. I don't feel that safe this year.

Diane G

Old 11-10-2008, 07:26 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I don't agree with the bailout, either. But OBAMA signed that bill too, did he not?
He voted for it, yes. President Bush signed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
Maybe you should try to visit Iraq while your out......Just like a liberal....complain about the economy, then go out of the country "to travel abroad"....
I join the crowd who wonders how else one would travel abroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Wow, that's really sad! I thought for sure you were engaging in hyperbole here. Did you actually think that you would get harassed over Bush in the streets of Europe or elsewhere?

Didn't happen. Take it from one who traveled to Europe frequently before becoming ill. I will say, though, that you missed FABULOUS air fares by being afraid. I used to fly to London for less than $500 round-trip. Oh, well!
Actually, a neighbor of mine did get harrassed on the streets of Germany. Someone suggested she shoot Bush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
If they are they have drank too much Kool-Aid. I cruised from Europe last year but would not do it this year. Cruising to Alaska this year. I don't feel that safe this year.

Diane G
Get out the tinfoil, Diane!

Old 11-10-2008, 09:17 PM

714 posts, read 1,539,116 times
I guess my comment about "traveling abroad" was difficult to understand. It was simply making a little bit of fun of people who frequently use the term....you know liberals. It's never ... we are visting this location, or that location....it's "traveling abroad" because they LOVE diversity and it's a term they use to show they are well traveled.

Before the rude comments start.....I'm aware this doesn't apply to all.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Point? I am loving the excuses. Do you think your daughter is the only one that has ever done that? Maybe that is what we should tell our children...do well in school so we can take you on an expensive vacation. Aren't liberals all about giving to those who can't provide for themselves...Shame on you...I'd rather hoped you would take her to the local shelter and pass out cookies and a hand written check, since you will spend so much on preparation expenses. People right here can't eat and you are spending thousands....hmmm....sounds like you think you and your daughter deserve it..Republican huh? Still gives no valid reason...just give it up.
You know, that was really low. Are you jealous or something? Of someone's success in school or of their vacation plans? You think you can't volunteer AND take a nice, probably once in a lifetime vacation? The Reupubs I know are always going to Mexico, Hawaii, Europe, etc.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:30 PM

714 posts, read 1,539,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You know, that was really low. Are you jealous or something? Of someone's success in school or of their vacation plans? You think you can't volunteer AND take a nice, probably once in a lifetime vacation? The Reupubs I know are always going to Mexico, Hawaii, Europe, etc.
I AM A REPUBLEICAN and I think you should be able to do whatever the hell you want! BUT I'm sick of these "save the world" types preaching about the economy and thinking that everyone deserves welfare, and more welfare all the while taking vacations "abroad" when they could be spending money right here in the good ol USA...they don't practice what they yip!

I personaly don't care where you spend your vacation....BUT see THAT is a Rupblican way of thinking!!!!!

Old 11-10-2008, 10:34 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,581,714 times
I did not vote for Obama or McCain but this election and the economy has certainly changed me. As I was in the process of starting my own business, I decided to delay it and continue my education towards that of a PhD in Public Policy. Perhaps seek a small public official position in '12, my advice would be don't quit your day job and have some eggs in the basket.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:37 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,494,737 times
I bought lots of Cheez-Its, this is going to be fun to watch. How long before Curious slaps his spider in frustration is the real question?

Old 11-10-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
I AM A REPUBLEICAN and I think you should be able to do whatever the hell you want! BUT I'm sick of these "save the world" types preaching about the economy and thinking that everyone deserves welfare, and more welfare all the while taking vacations "abroad" when they could be spending money right here in the good ol USA...they don't practice what they yip!

I personaly don't care where you spend your vacation....BUT see THAT is a Rupblican way of thinking!!!!!
It is not part of the Democratic Party platform to pledge never to leave the country, not even for a vacation. I still think you're jealous, or you wouldn't have over-reacted like that, with a put down of the daughter's success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections