Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 11:07 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You're both insulting Teatime. I'm sure she's quite capable of answering a question...even if neither of you think so.

luzianne:""That is not the same as welfare that goes to people who don't want to work and health care and education for people who are in our country illegally""

How about the giant WELFARE check that our government (BOTH parties) gave to the wealthy of Wall Street? How about the huge WELFARE check (70 billion) of our taxes that was given as BONUSES to CEOs whose companies FAILED and needed bailing out?

Guess you don't mind that....but it's a good thing that YOU don't get to decide who DESERVES government assistance or not
I don't agree with the bailout, either. But OBAMA signed that bill too, did he not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 11:08 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,468,453 times
Quote:
You're both insulting Teatime. I'm sure she's quite capable of answering a question...even if neither of you think so.
I'll let teatime determine if I've insulted her or not. She did initially ignore your question, so why do feel the need to press the issue? Do you like acting like a degenerate?

Old 11-09-2008, 11:09 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I don't agree with the bailout, either. But OBAMA signed that bill too, did he not?
Yes....so?
I said BOTH parties did it.....Obama has nothing to do with your assertion that only the poor get WELFARE!

Old 11-09-2008, 11:10 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Why are you harrassing teatime about her disability check? I'm sure she gets it from the government, which is what it is there for. I have no problem with taxes going to help people who TRULY need help - the elderly, the disabled. our veterans. That is not the same as welfare that goes to people who don't want to work and health care and education for people who are in our country illegally.
I have that individual on Ignore because it's not worth any time or keystrokes.

Quote:
Yes....so?
I said BOTH parties did it.....Obama has nothing to do with your assertion that only the poor get WELFARE!
What assertion? Where did I say that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
I'll let teatime determine if I've insulted her or not. She did initially ignore your question, so why do feel the need to press the issue? Do you like acting like a degenerate?
You are pressing an issue that is none of your business...how degenerate is that?

Old 11-09-2008, 11:11 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
No, you most certainly did not insult me. Thank you for the backup!

Old 11-09-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I never said there was anything wrong with depending on the government when you truly need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Good idea. "That one" is a troublemaker extraordinaire. I was looking back to see who was in on the Bristol Palin bashing and guess who was one of the biggest instigators/bashers? Yep, you guessed it!

2,464 posts, read 6,468,453 times
Quote:
You are pressing an issue that is none of your business...how degenerate is that?
What, you can dish it out but you can't take it? You don't even know what degenerate means Einstein. Look it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections