U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-09-2008, 05:19 PM
 
16 posts, read 25,776 times
Reputation: 32
Default It's got to be said - GROW UP!

There was an election. It was won - and for the frist time since 1996, it was won handily without having to wait for the very last vote to be counted... the people have spoken it is called democracy - deal with it and move on.

The disgrunteled Republicans here are funny. Bush SUCKED and that's one of the many reasons why yoru party lost (that and McCain had a horrible campaign and chose a fool of a running mate.)

We FINALLY have an intelligent, articulate, leader we can be proud of. The rest of the world finally has reason to beleive in the US again.

SHUT up and give the guy a chance. Guess what, I gave Bush a chance in '00 (and I was GROSSLY disappointed... but I gave him a chance.)

You all just sound like a bunch of spoiled, pathetic, whining children. It's amusing actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-09-2008, 05:23 PM
 
1,315 posts, read 945,088 times
Reputation: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimples28 View Post
There was an election. It was won - and for the frist time since 1996, it was won handily without having to wait for the very last vote to be counted... the people have spoken it is called democracy - deal with it and move on.

The disgrunteled Republicans here are funny. Bush SUCKED and that's one of the many reasons why yoru party lost (that and McCain had a horrible campaign and chose a fool of a running mate.)

We FINALLY have an intelligent, articulate, leader we can be proud of. The rest of the world finally has reason to beleive in the US again.

SHUT up and give the guy a chance. Guess what, I gave Bush a chance in '00 (and I was GROSSLY disappointed... but I gave him a chance.)

You all just sound like a bunch of spoiled, pathetic, whining children. It's amusing actually.
I wouldn't say they're "a bunch of spoiled, pathetic, whining children"...

I believe most of them are over 18... (hee hee hee).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2008, 06:17 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,970,166 times
Reputation: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimples28 View Post
It's amusing actually
I detect a you know what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2008, 06:21 PM
 
Location: The Woods
14,349 posts, read 13,280,474 times
Reputation: 5938
Two words: James Buchanan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2008, 06:25 PM
 
16,311 posts, read 14,163,834 times
Reputation: 7957
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
I wouldn't say they're "a bunch of spoiled, pathetic, whining children"...

I believe most of them are over 18... (hee hee hee).
Which makes it even sadder to see them behaving like "a bunch of spoiled, pathetic, whining children"

I'm sure we have all witnessed the kid having a tantrum in the toy aisle of K-Mart or Wal-Mart cause mommy won't buy them a toy. Some never mature beyond that level of expressing disappointment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2008, 06:28 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,970,166 times
Reputation: 281
Hey get a load of this:

When I see a kid crying or having a tantrum in the public sphere, all I have to do is make eye contact with them and they stop. They must sense that I am a sociopath or something. Which I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2008, 06:28 PM
 
56,285 posts, read 28,170,792 times
Reputation: 7085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I'm sure we have all witnessed the kid having a tantrum in the toy aisle of K-Mart or Wal-Mart cause mommy won't buy them a toy. Some never mature beyond that level of expressing disappointment.
Yes, its sad that some never get out of the attitude that someone should buy them toys, pay for their bills.. When they are little, we call them children, when they grow up, we call them liberal..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2008, 06:32 PM
 
294 posts, read 395,799 times
Reputation: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yes, its sad that some never get out of the attitude that someone should buy them toys, pay for their bills.. When they are little, we call them children, when they grow up, we call them liberal..

Its interesting to see you somehow haven't learned from Tuesday, that divisive politics and name-calling/fear-mongering is no longer relevant to modern American politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2008, 06:33 PM
 
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
14,097 posts, read 13,954,378 times
Reputation: 7675
So when you don't like the person elected President, it's perfectly OK to have comedians, network news pundits, newspaper writers, Hollywood celebrities, and people on message boards to constantly insult him on a daily and hourly basis. But should conservatives not like the candidate you like and point out why we don't like him then we're being babies. Do as I say, not as I do. Good parenting there. By the way, I'm eagerly awaiting the comedians, network news pundits, newspaper writers, and Hollywood celebrities to say critical comments or make fun of Obama. But I won't hold my breath. I'm really eager to see if the witches on "The View" and Oprah will dare say anything negative about him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2008, 06:35 PM
 
56,285 posts, read 28,170,792 times
Reputation: 7085
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewickleyPA View Post
Its interesting to see you somehow haven't learned from Tuesday, that divisive politics and name-calling/fear-mongering is no longer relevant to modern American politics.
Odd, since when was liberal "fear mongering".. I thought we learned Tuesday that it was cool to be a liberal, now your here saying that its not..

I also note that I didnt see you replying to the OP about the divisive politics, name calling, and fear mongering posted. I get it, truly I do, its only cool to call out conservatives..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top