Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 11:36 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to figure out why someone who didn't and doesn't plan to ever vote a Palin ticket would be wasting their educated time having this conversation in the first place. What is it to you what her future political aspirations may be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 11:37 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Didn't she used to live in Idaho?...
I think the 6th college she finally graduated from was in Idaho.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:51 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I'm trying to figure out why someone who didn't and doesn't plan to ever vote a Palin ticket would be wasting their educated time having this conversation in the first place. What is it to you what her future political aspirations may be?
She's being discussed as a serious candidate for 2012. All presidential candidates are interesting. (At least the ones for the major parties.) If it turns out she just wants to be governor and not pursue another presidential campaign, I'm sure people will lose interest.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
It's fun??? I think a lot of people here forget what fun it is to poke at politicians.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:58 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I think the 6th college she finally graduated from was in Idaho.
Her family moved to Alaska from Idaho when she was really young. I think she was around 4. And, I believe you're correct, when she finally got her degree it was from a school in Idaho.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:01 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,474,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim69 View Post
>>Palin Blames Bush for the defeat>>
She's right. The 2008 Presidential election was more a rejection of Republicans than an endorsement of Hussein. Same thing happened with his dad in 1992.
Darn, a political girl who talks straight and has a nice butt.
So are you like every other guy and agreeing with her just cause she's hot..? This isn't a niteclub,this is our country at stake

Old 11-12-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
While I am obviously disappointed with how the election turned out, the American people have spoken and while I am disappointed, I accept the results and will go back to my job as Governor of the great state of Alaska to resume my duties. I have learned much in the process of being asked to be John McCain's runningmate and will take that knowledge and experience back with me to Alaska and utilize it to make myself a better public servant. While I will not rule out another political run for higher office in the future, my and Todd's focus right now is my state of Alaska and preparing for my daughter, Bristol and Levi's wedding and the birth of our first grandchild and taking care of Piper and Trig, and praying for a safe return of my son from Iraq. Again, I am grateful for the experience that the McCain campaign offered me and whatever comes out from anonymous staffers says much more about them and their integrity than mine. Thank you and God bless
I totally agree--this is the sort of press release a smart and savvy politician would send out. But instead of acting like an experienced politician, we see the actions of someone who behaves like she lost Miss America again.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I totally agree--this is the sort of press release a smart and savvy politician would send out. But instead of acting like an experienced politician, we see the actions of someone who behaves like she lost Miss America again.
Maybe I should go to work as her press person. D'oh!!!

Old 11-12-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Maybe I should go to work as her press person. D'oh!!!
Well, if you did maybe she'd give you some of that $150,000 wardrobe. There's gotta be a few pieces the lawyers didn't get, and hey--she's probably got a pair of discopants in there...

Old 11-12-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Well, if you did maybe she'd give you some of that $150,000 wardrobe. There's gotta be a few pieces the lawyers didn't get, and hey--she's probably got a pair of discopants in there...
Well, as much as I'm ashamed to say this, I don't think I could fit into those size 6's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections