Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 05:24 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,325,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
How ironic coming from someone defending Limbaugh.

hardeehar.

Though I agree that Limbaugh is a hypocrite vile creature I find Palin "real" unlike Pelosi who is only concerned with being,looking "cute" and even her smiles look rehearsed not to mention doesnt do a thing but speeches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 05:26 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,325,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I recorded it and tried watching the first part last night, but that voice began to sound like finger nails running down a chalkboard and it got too pain full, so I'll probarbly watch it tonight with a martini or two.....I can handle anything with a martini or two .

I've got to commend her preparing food in a suit wearing hills - amazing.

You should have watched it you would see thjat she has done alot for Alaska and even got every citizen a $1,200 yrly rebate from oil profits but ofcourse you rather not see that.

you prefer do nothing Pelosi

Old 11-12-2008, 06:14 AM

1,930 posts, read 1,818,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
After watching this interview, I felt sorry for her for the first time. As much as I dislike her, I think she is just a product of her limited background. It made me realize that many of her views are shaped by the environment she is in, the small town of Wasilla and her personal experiences. I still think they may be a dysfunctional family but it was kind of nice to see them all interacting like a family. She is just a very average person with a very average life, I do not think people like her are qualified for a high level executive position.
ITA The Matt Lauer is even worse than Katie's.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:26 AM

1,930 posts, read 1,818,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
I watched half of it, and had enough. Does anybody else notice that she can't speak about one single American issue that a person with above average intelligence cares about?

All she talked about was her clothes, rumors, bickering with McCain aids, etc. There was not a single thing that she talked about that effected me or other fellow Americans. Then she wonders why she was sent home to Alaska. Put a fork in this women's career.
Yes and doesn't she remind you of the teen beauty contestant at times when she is searching deep into her vast knowledge bank for an answer.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:48 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,034,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
After watching this interview, I felt sorry for her for the first time. As much as I dislike her, I think she is just a product of her limited background. It made me realize that many of her views are shaped by the environment she is in, the small town of Wasilla and her personal experiences. I still think they may be a dysfunctional family but it was kind of nice to see them all interacting like a family. She is just a very average person with a very average life, I do not think people like her are qualified for a high level executive position.
I didnt watch the interview, but I've felt this about her too. I dont feel sorry for her though, because she certainly could expand her horizons if she were so inclined, but she seems comfortable as is. She didnt seem interested in growing beyond the small town city council approach to governing, and she expressed resentment and defensiveness against "book smart" types (interviewers and such). That inflexibility is what limits her. She's a genuine populist, but populists do best locally.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:20 AM

439 posts, read 615,318 times
So much hate for Gov. Palin why? because she decide to keep her baby instead of the doing the liberal thing and have an abortion. Obama speaks likes porky pig when he does not have a teleprompter but since he is a ultra liberal he gets a pass.

Gov. Palin will come back and stronger then before. Obama better not raised taxes or we will be gone in 4 years.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:30 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,604,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I saw a clip of her calling women "bi*****" including nuns. I thought that was trashy and sick. She can talk about Palin all she wants - Tina Fey is just white trash, IMO.
Wow ... you have no sense of comedy. I thought the sketch on Weekend Update when she responded to people who think that Hillary Clinton is a B was brilliant.

B's get things done.

And she knew the capital of Vermont as a result of the B nuns she had.

Lighten up ... it was an SNL bit. Oh wait, were you watching it on EWTN or something? Well, in that case I can see where the old crones would get angered. As the late great Emily Letilla said oh so long ago,

"Never mind"

Old 11-12-2008, 07:31 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,346,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I didnt watch the interview, but I've felt this about her too. I dont feel sorry for her though, because she certainly could expand her horizons if she were so inclined, but she seems comfortable as is. She didnt seem interested in growing beyond the small town city council approach to governing, and she expressed resentment and defensiveness against "book smart" types (interviewers and such). That inflexibility is what limits her. She's a genuine populist, but populists do best locally.
Comfortable as is..... Let's think about that. She went from city council to mayor to governor. She's 44 and she has a big family... She has shown more ambition than 99% of the country and yet somehow she is still considered happy with the status quo....

Old 11-12-2008, 08:37 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,547,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I missed the comedy show. Any chance it will be shown again?
I missed it as well...purposely. I did catch a bit that some station replayed (not certain who) and it was interesting to hear the Governor redefine her feminism statements again! Wow. Matt Lauer, I believe was doing the interview...there was a lot about baseballs as well. ~shrug

Old 11-12-2008, 08:44 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,912,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
I missed it as well...purposely. I did catch a bit that some station replayed (not certain who) and it was interesting to hear the Governor redefine her feminism statements again! Wow. Matt Lauer, I believe was doing the interview...there was a lot about baseballs as well. ~shrug
That's right. I mean, anyone who actually has their own thoughts and don't see things like many others should be considered a complete ass****. That about sums up what so many of you think. Why are so many of you still hangin onto the HATE that you have? The damn election is over. Get over it. I mean, Obama is going to be President. What else do you want? Oh yeah, you would not be happy unless everyone rolls over and completely agrees with your views. It is sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections