U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-19-2008, 03:30 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 33,971,107 times
Reputation: 6156

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I doubt that Limbaugh fades from sight. He speaks to an angry, intolerant audience that believes he's a news source. As long as these "low information" types make up a sizable portion of the population, Limbaugh will have listeners. But maybe listening isn't something they're truly capable of.
I agree that right wing propaganda programming (in every sense of that-there word) will grow far, FAR bigger and spread far wider than what we have today - HUGE money to be made - we'll be longing for these good old days when the crazy-right landscape was ONLY Sean and Rush, the hate-email places were still under the radar.

But I think you're wrong about about listening - I think that's all the listeners are truly capable of. Sitting helplessly in their cars, listening, or after dinner, pot roast congealing in their bellies, listening and listening. Then fall asleep being soothed by an action hero movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-19-2008, 05:38 PM
 
6,013 posts, read 6,751,698 times
Reputation: 739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Limbaugh does a lot of namecalling. His audience likes that sort of thing. Of course, his audience considers loudmouth chickenhawk neocons to be "American heros", too.
for some reason his fiery tones doesnt qualify him as a radical
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2008, 07:06 PM
 
1,481 posts, read 1,768,247 times
Reputation: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The low info people can't filter information from blabbering. They accept it all as gospel because they worship the source.
Listen to NPR lately? That is a Brave New World-fest if I ever heard one. Hope you hi-info, uber smarts consider what the Fairness Doctrine will do to them if you filter the "local" thing into it. Get ready to say buh-bye to why do people hate "immigrants" to how to make a honey bun.

Or the Weather Channel fire-eeees that have worshiped at Mr. Gore? Gone. Ooops. That's already happened! Just not because of leftist thought police.

I'm getting a big stock of pop corn in for when you HI INFO people now have the podium!

Bwahahahahahaha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2009, 11:05 PM
 
Location: Washington DC
380 posts, read 935,681 times
Reputation: 254
Raul is thuggish to be sure and isn't a good person. Rush Limbaugh on the other hand is a trouble maker, who likes to stir up trouble on his show to help increase ratings. No one should give much credence to his comments. I would not be shocked to learn both men share a disdain for the average American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2009, 11:10 PM
 
Location: SARASOTA, FLORIDA
11,501 posts, read 13,082,109 times
Reputation: 4875
The truth really bothers the commi left wingers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2009, 11:22 PM
LML
 
Location: Wisconsin
7,109 posts, read 7,943,849 times
Reputation: 5154
Rush is a hypocritical drug addict who makes a fortune out of convincing foolish people that it isn't necessary to read or pay attention to what is really going on because he will tell them what to think. It makes those who are intellectually lazy feel as though they know something when they don't. And it makes those men who feel less....well...less "masculine" feel like tough guys and it give those women who want to believe that saying "I'm not a feminazie" makes them more appealing to men the chance giggle in adoration while they are being insulted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 01:39 AM
 
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, Calif.
22,163 posts, read 26,735,572 times
Reputation: 6452
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Rush is a hypocritical drug addict who makes a fortune out of convincing foolish people that it isn't necessary to read or pay attention to what is really going on because he will tell them what to think. It makes those who are intellectually lazy feel as though they know something when they don't. And it makes those men who feel less....well...less "masculine" feel like tough guys and it give those women who want to believe that saying "I'm not a feminazie" makes them more appealing to men the chance giggle in adoration while they are being insulted.
He is a drug addict? What drug is he addicted to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 05:36 AM
 
1,162 posts, read 1,848,920 times
Reputation: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Rush is a hypocritical drug addict who makes a fortune out of convincing foolish people that it isn't necessary to read or pay attention to what is really going on because he will tell them what to think. It makes those who are intellectually lazy feel as though they know something when they don't. And it makes those men who feel less....well...less "masculine" feel like tough guys and it give those women who want to believe that saying "I'm not a feminazie" makes them more appealing to men the chance giggle in adoration while they are being insulted.
Yes, I see what an itellect you are...Rush got addicted to a highly addictive pain medication after a back injury. It's very common and he beat it. He tells us what our leaders are saying and discusses it with his listeners. Much of what is heard on talk radio is never heard from the MSM. History and the constitution are discussed daily. I am always reading and doing research as are most conservatives. I cannot say the same for my Dem friends. Most do not know their history, do not know or love the constution or value it much.
You are so wrong...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 06:55 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,959,787 times
Reputation: 6517
Rahm is known as thug amoung fellow democrats as well. He has a long history of playing dirty. This is no surprise nor a mystery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 08:01 AM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,149 posts, read 15,802,064 times
Reputation: 8811
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpotater58 View Post
Raul is thuggish to be sure and isn't a good person. Rush Limbaugh on the other hand is a trouble maker, who likes to stir up trouble on his show to help increase ratings. No one should give much credence to his comments. I would not be shocked to learn both men share a disdain for the average American.
Rush isn't a "trouble maker [stirring] up trouble on his show to help increase ratings". What a ridiculous argument.

Rush exercises his right to free speech daily, and what he talks about, whether or not you like what he has to say about it, are current events, and the political issues affecting, or those that may affect, our lives. He has every right to do so, and we (his listeners) have every right to listen.

As a matter of fact, Rush's show, and the shows of Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity (there are probably others, but I cannot get every show on the air, nor do I have time to listen to all of them) are the only places where the truth is being reported about what's contained in this so-called "health care" bill, and the only place where one can find out what our government is up to on any number of other issues. The so-called "mainstream" media is in bed with the Democrat Party, and they only pass on the "Party Line", the "talking points" that the Party gives them, which are largely, well, lies.

For example: The administration keeps saying (and this right from Obama's lips) that "if you like your current plan (health insurance), you can keep it." That is a bald-faced lie. Our Congressmen and Senators are also saying this. However, that is not what the bill says, and those who have read much of it are calling them on it. It's on page 16 of the House version being considered. My daughter has a copy of it too. It says (paraphrasing) that after the bill becomes law, it will be unlawful for private insurers to offer private insurance. It is very clear. There is not going to be anymore private insurance. If you have it now, you can keep what you have only so long as your employer offers it, or until you leave your job and go to another employer. Then, you must take the "public" (government) insurance plan. There is no choice.

Back to Rush. Rush does not need to "stir up" controversy or "make trouble" for ratings. He is and has been for many years the number one talk show in the country (Sean Hannity is number two, and Glenn Beck is number three). You may not like that fact. But this shows that there are vast numbers of people who agree with Rush, otherwise they wouldn't be listening (I don't listen to shows I don't agree with ... I'm not that masochistic). Rush is informative, humorous, dead serious about what he believes, and an American patriot who loves America as the founders gave it to us. He does not wish to see America destroyed by the Obama administration, or the left-wing radicals ruining the Congress. But that is precisely what they are doing, and it is purposeful. These people are "Progressives". They envision a very different America from what our founders created, and it is largely class based, socialist in nature, and anti-capitalist.

If you think things are bad now, just wait till they get done with what they are trying to do, if they get away with it.

There is no hope, in this change.

America is in deep doo-doo, and it is Obama and his czars (dictators), and his minions in Congress that are responsible. If we do not stop this soon, it may simply be to late. America will cease to exist as the world once knew her. A country "conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal" ~ Abraham Lincoln

The once great "land of the free" will enter the history books and be forgotten.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:07 AM.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top