Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 03:44 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,874,761 times

Advertisements

It's been about a week now and people are still spewing their venom about Obama winning POTUS. The guy hasn't even taken office, yet he fails in the eyes of some. I bet if Obama invented a money tree and handed each and every person in America one million dollars, there would be someone out there who would b--ch about it.

Obama is going to be POTUS on January 20th.

DEAL WITH IT!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 03:45 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,884,125 times
I don't know...I don't think it's going to lighten up. I think we Dems are the ones who are going to have to get used to it.

I really do think when people feel something or someone is wrong, they will continue to find reasons to back that assertion. So we'll be hearing it for a few years, at least as long as we continue to go on political forums. (I'm not hearing much of anything IRL about the election either way.)

Old 11-10-2008, 03:53 PM

972 posts, read 1,327,664 times
The Repubs are an angry bunch for the most part anyways.. some not of course. But they have had 8 years to feel justified in being jerks under one of the biggest *&*( POTUS we have ever had Bush, maybe they can not remember how good things were under Clinton and they are going thru power junkie withdrawls or something... But I do hope they lighten up soon.

The country is in an Economic Meltdown, running around being mean and rude and blaming it on Obama, isnt going to help he situation one bit.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:55 PM

31,672 posts, read 40,931,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
The Repubs are an angry bunch for the most part anyways.. some not of course. But they have had 8 years to feel justified in being jerks under one of the biggest *&*( POTUS we have ever had Bush, maybe they can not remember how good things were under Clinton and they are going thru power junkie withdrawls or something... But I do hope the lighten up soon.

The country is in an Economic Meltdown, running around being mean and rude and blaming it on Obama, isnt going to help he situation one bit.
We need to be careful using the word Repubs to describe these people. They are the fringe of the party and are best described as Right Wing Nuts or WingNuts for short.

As with most items, loose wing nuts can cause it to fall apart. Thus one could say that the Republican Wingnuts are why the party is falling apart.

Old 11-10-2008, 03:58 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,861,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I think we Dems are the ones who are going to have to get used to it.
Get used to what? A handful of people on a web site trying to sound ba-a-a-d? Big whoop.

Maybe it's different in other places, but all the people I encounter out in the real world have moved on. The only people who are still whining are either on Fox News or in internet forums. I don't feel like I have to "get used" to them--when I find trash talk amusing I log on. If I get sick of hearing it, all I have to do is turn off the computer and the tv.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:08 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,884,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Get used to what? A handful of people on a web site trying to sound ba-a-a-d? Big whoop.

Maybe it's different in other places, but all the people I encounter out in the real world have moved on. The only people who are still whining are either on Fox News or in internet forums. I don't feel like I have to "get used" to them--when I find trash talk amusing I log on. If I get sick of hearing it, all I have to do is turn off the computer and the tv.
Hmmm...that's pretty much what I just said.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:25 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,053,009 times
It's quite a while until January 20 - ten weeks or so?

Fun (ish) to look back here then and see how people progressed.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:35 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,365,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
It's been about a week now and people are still spewing their venom about Obama winning POTUS. The guy hasn't even taken office, yet he fails in the eyes of some. I bet if Obama invented a money tree and handed each and every person in America one million dollars, there would be someone out there who would b--ch about it.

Obama is going to be POTUS on January 20th.

DEAL WITH IT!!!
Hard remembering:

That should tell you what the past 8 years has been like...

Old 11-10-2008, 05:46 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,561,066 times
I have spent the last two years listening and reading up on the President elect.

At NO time did he say anything that I could agree with.

His professional record, the friends and associates he surrounds himself with and church he has attended, convinced me not to support him.

His campaign rhetoric convinced me that he has nothing in common with my values or those of my family.

Nothing he has said reflects the basic foundation this Country was founded on.

Therefore, I intend to give him the same support the Dems have shown GWB the last eight years.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:51 PM

574 posts, read 1,206,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyankee View Post
I have spent the last two years listening and reading up on the President elect.

At NO time did he say anything that I could agree with.

His professional record, the friends and associates he surrounds himself with and church he has attended, convinced me not to support him.

His campaign rhetoric convinced me that he has nothing in common with my values or those of my family.

Nothing he has said reflects the basic foundation this Country was founded on.

Therefore, I intend to give him the same support the Dems have shown GWB the last eight years.
So when are you moving?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections