U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 10:20 AM

16,301 posts, read 24,237,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
The election is over...why are we still making fun of Palin? It's almost like democrats don't have anything to talk about if they aren't allowed to bash republicans
Cause right now Palin is a camera w h o r e, point a camera at her and she just won't shut up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 11:41 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,907,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Still, he had a lot more money to sell himself to the American people than McCain did. Which only proves he had more money and was better at packaging and selling himself, not that he's better presidential material.
He had more money because he was better Presidential material. See what I'm saying?

Old 11-11-2008, 11:55 AM

7,760 posts, read 7,260,700 times
>This is true, and I do fault McCain for running a rather poor campaign.<

Bingo

McCain ran into the middle of a perfect storm while running his poor campaign.

1) Unpopular President
2) Poor economy with very recent very bad news
3) Lousy ground game
4) Ran against a rock star with a clear message (even if they message itself was unclear)
5) Opponent ran masterful campaign.
6) Opponent used rock star status combined with internet savvy money machine to rack up MASSIVE money.
7) Media itself largely enamored with Obama. Just ask Chris "shivering legs" Matthews.
7a) Gave early Palin interviews to hostile media rather than lapdog media. Start on the friendly side of town folks.
8) As typical, the electorate blamed the president, not congress, who also bears blame. Dont whine. It killed Carter too.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:03 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,949,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
I can't find any specific articles right now, but if you look around you'll find lots of pieces about how Obama's "ground game" outdid McCain's in every way.

In some states the field offices outnumbered McCain's about 40 to 0!

If you were a "targetted" Obama voter your chances of getting contacted, phone call or door knock, was about 100%.

Having a national director, state directors, regional directors, city/county directors and neighborhood directors, came out of having an excellent community organized operation.

golfgod
hee-hee! i thought the very same thing as i spent my hours knocking on the obama voters' doors in sta fe, new mexico. i never once came across a mccain supporter doing the same thing. in my local obama office, there were only 2 paid staffers! there were at least 20 other full time volunteers who worked for free. on a night geared to recruit more volunteers, 111 sta feans pledged to gotv for obama. there were 40 obama offices in the state compared to 9 "shared" offices for mccain. In the end, Obama beat Mccain by 15 points in NM. i KNEW that i was part of a campaign for someone who was going to make a difference in our country.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:53 AM

1,870 posts, read 1,530,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnival survivor View Post
Sarah Palin invited all the hate on herself. And as long as we are talking about 2012- the hate on her will keep coming. During the campaign, she wanted to stand up on a podium and tell lies about Obama- but then gets a** hurt when someone campaigns hard against her or uncovers just how unprepared and out of touch she really is. Sure she can give you some innocent, "I'm a woman, I'm a hockey mom mainstream media"- but so what?

She stepped into the Lion's Den and then went on personal attack- get ready to be devoured

Palin doesn't stand a chance in 2010, in 2012, or ever
Sarah will have to study very hard in depth to gain any confidence of American voters. Even with the two interviews she has given lately, she comes across as being totally aware of what is going on in the world and what happened during her campaign. She must know that she is unqualified to be a world leader so why even apply for the job.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:59 AM

1,870 posts, read 1,530,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Still, he had a lot more money to sell himself to the American people than McCain did. Which only proves he had more money and was better at packaging and selling himself, not that he's better presidential material.
JM has been around forever thus he did not have to sell himself. Money was not needed to unwrap/expose JM people knew enough beore the campaign began.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:50 AM

1,740 posts, read 2,932,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
I can't find any specific articles right now, but if you look around you'll find lots of pieces about how Obama's "ground game" outdid McCain's in every way.

In some states the field offices outnumbered McCain's about 40 to 0!

If you were a "targetted" Obama voter your chances of getting contacted, phone call or door knock, was about 100%.

Having a national director, state directors, regional directors, city/county directors and neighborhood directors, came out of having an excellent community organized operation.

golfgod

I don't get any connection between the body of your post and your headline. Was it meant to get those who have an unfounded hatred for Sarah or what?

Old 11-12-2008, 05:51 AM

1,740 posts, read 2,932,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Cause right now Palin is a camera w h o r e, point a camera at her and she just won't shut up.
Maybe you ought to.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:49 PM

3,553 posts, read 6,787,479 times
rosinante wrote;
Quote:
I don't get any connection between the body of your post and your headline. Was it meant to get those who have an unfounded hatred for Sarah or what?
Back about 100 years ago (early September) Sarah Palin asked at the RNC; what does a community organizer do? (not her exact words) "I guess a small town mayor is like a CO, except with actual responsibilties!".

Turns out that her snarkiness was just an act to cover up a lack of knowledge about what even a small town mayor's job actually was. But in the long run the CO turned out a "50 state strategy" and really drove the numbers up.

Clear now?

golfgod

Old 11-14-2008, 10:52 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,201,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

Damn, you just described the last 16 years of Hitlery! Well done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or