U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-10-2008, 10:42 PM
 
3,553 posts, read 6,788,180 times
Reputation: 2304

Advertisements

I can't find any specific articles right now, but if you look around you'll find lots of pieces about how Obama's "ground game" outdid McCain's in every way.

In some states the field offices outnumbered McCain's about 40 to 0!

If you were a "targetted" Obama voter your chances of getting contacted, phone call or door knock, was about 100%.

Having a national director, state directors, regional directors, city/county directors and neighborhood directors, came out of having an excellent community organized operation.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-11-2008, 12:55 AM
 
7,352 posts, read 8,994,101 times
Reputation: 1879
LOL! Yes, indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2008, 05:59 AM
 
1,019 posts, read 1,169,282 times
Reputation: 577
Yup, a little community organizing can be pretty darn effective. You betcha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2008, 06:06 AM
 
9,856 posts, read 13,019,586 times
Reputation: 5443
The election is over...why are we still making fun of Palin? It's almost like democrats don't have anything to talk about if they aren't allowed to bash republicans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2008, 06:22 AM
 
12,608 posts, read 14,621,137 times
Reputation: 14105
So having more field offices during your campaign makes you a better president? Don't think so. A better salesman maybe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2008, 06:23 AM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,112 posts, read 15,669,938 times
Reputation: 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
The election is over...why are we still making fun of Palin? It's almost like democrats don't have anything to talk about if they aren't allowed to bash republicans
I agree. And though she is Governor of Alaska, and prior to that, Mayor, according to Democrats, she still has "no experience".

But that is what Democrats have always done. It's the only thing they know how to do well. Reasoned debate no longer exists, since blogs like MoveOn.org, and MediaMatters have come on the scene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2008, 06:25 AM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,112 posts, read 15,669,938 times
Reputation: 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
So having more field offices during your campaign makes you a better president? Don't think so. A better salesman maybe.
This is true, and I do fault McCain for running a rather poor campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2008, 06:27 AM
 
12,608 posts, read 14,621,137 times
Reputation: 14105
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is true, and I do fault McCain for running a rather poor campaign.
To be fair,though, Obama had LOTS more money than McCain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2008, 06:27 AM
 
3,758 posts, read 7,527,744 times
Reputation: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
To be fair,though, Obama had LOTS more money than McCain.
Another indication that McCain ran a poor campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2008, 06:29 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
5,942 posts, read 3,239,495 times
Reputation: 3653
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
I can't find any specific articles right now, but if you look around you'll find lots of pieces about how Obama's "ground game" outdid McCain's in every way.

In some states the field offices outnumbered McCain's about 40 to 0!

If you were a "targetted" Obama voter your chances of getting contacted, phone call or door knock, was about 100%.

Having a national director, state directors, regional directors, city/county directors and neighborhood directors, came out of having an excellent community organized operation.

golfgod
Agreed.

I guess he built his organization from "the ground up" over a long period of time (in politics even two years can seem as an eternity).

I'm sure Obama learned a lot during his years as a community organizer.

I hope his approach to building the economy from the bottom up works well also. If you think about it, the American consumer is the backbone of our economy. Thus, it stands to reason that people have to have decent jobs to be able to buy all the stuff that "the top" wants us to buy.

How are people going to buy houses, cars, durable goods if they can't find or don't have decent jobs? So much for "trickle down economics".

Even some of his detractors have had to admit that his campaign organization was outstanding. The guy is not only smart, but he also surrounds himself with smart, capable people. That is in stark contrast to GWB's practice to surround himself with personal loyalists instead of competent people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top