Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 08:16 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
We will give that title to CNN and MSNBC. When everybody realizes what these two stations did, they will be begging for viewers. I don't watch them anymore. You can't depend on the truth from them. I think history will see George Bush in a different light than these news stations. And I didn't vote for him. I am just capable of objective thinking.

Did you forget to add FAUX News or are you just with bias as long as it tilts your way?

I agree with one thing, history may well show Bush to have caused more damage than we now realize.

Last edited by burdell; 11-11-2008 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 08:17 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,262 times
I won't be surprised if this newspaper will also report that the earth is flat, or that the earth is 6000 years old. Anything to ignore reality. But that's okay, as long as it keeps the rednecks who live there perpetually poor and stupid.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:17 AM

322 posts, read 748,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
your headline is misleading. THere was an article about the election, it just didnt satisfy the protester's.

Our weekly didnt cover the election either.

I disagree with you. This DAILY paper failed to mention Obama winning the election but instead had an article about how the county voted McCain.

I just dont see how its possible to report presidential election results and not mention the winner.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:23 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
I won't be surprised if this newspaper will also report that the earth is flat, or that the earth is 6000 years old. Anything to ignore reality. But that's okay, as long as it keeps the rednecks who live there perpetually poor and stupid.

I thought one of the changes Obama supporters were so hyped up about was UNITY, the idea that we are all Americans and that we need to work together. I guess you don't include rednecks when you are talking about America. By the way, you should check out how well Oklahoma is doing during this economic recession.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdlx View Post
I disagree with you. This DAILY paper failed to mention Obama winning the election but instead had an article about how the county voted McCain.

I just dont see how its possible to report presidential election results and not mention the winner.
Telling who the loser is is obliquely referencing the winner when it is essentially a two-man race. Do you think the people in Sapulpa don't have televisions, that they watched last Tuesday night as the results rolled in?

Old 11-11-2008, 08:43 AM

322 posts, read 748,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Telling who the loser is is obliquely referencing the winner when it is essentially a two-man race. Do you think the people in Sapulpa don't have televisions, that they watched last Tuesday night as the results rolled in?
Do I come off as stupid? Of course they knew what happened.

The issue is why would one part of the election be reported and not the outcome? Its just bad journalism.

Plenty of other local papers mention the election and they reported the outcome.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:47 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:

The issue is why would one part of the election be reported and not the outcome? Its just bad journalism.

Plenty of other local papers mention the election and they reported the outcome.
Perhaps because the people are disgusted with the results and do not support the government any longer as it does not represent them.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:59 AM

Quote:

They did report the outcome. They just didn't report it the way you would have liked them to. Freedom of the Press.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:52 AM

229 posts, read 348,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
I think history will be especially cruel to Bush, and deservedly so.

As to an Oklahoma newspaper ignoring the Obama win, well, it's not like it's an important newspaper. If it wants to take an ostrich approach to a fairly significant event in this nation's history, it can certainly do so. And if its readers don't have a problem with that, then I'd say the newspapers and its readers are a match made in heaven ... or hell.
I agree on all of the above. In addition, people like this only continue in their narrow approach because ignorance and veiled racism gain them attention. They are like the little child crying at your elbow for the candy bar they want. If ignored long enough, it becomes a non-issue. I seriously doubt groups like the skinheads, the kkk, and any other hate group would continue if they did not gain attention with every cowardly and ignorant act. Let this paper print what they want. I will personally not read the rag, especially as I have never even heard of this paper until this debate.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:18 PM

196 posts, read 444,672 times
Hi, I am stationed here in Oklahoma, Oklahoma City actually. I will say it is very hardcore conservative around here, as an example their beer is 3.2% or "near beer." According to the Oklahoman (newspaper) Oklahoma was the only state in the Union where all it's counties voted for McCain, not one Obama win. I'm originally from Las Vegas and as you may know our state went blue this year for the first time in a while, I am very proud of my state as it shows a great deal of diversity in that it votes based on issues and not race or anything else. I norrmally dislike conservatives and liberals, isn't it better to be somewhere in the middle? The extreme left and extreme right are just that, too extreme for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections