Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 12:08 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,492,679 times

Advertisements

Good grief, it must really be eating you up inside thinking of the Obamas in the White House. I just can't wait until pics of the family start showing up. Granny having lunch in the Rose Garden, the girls going to their exclusive, private school or Michelle hosting an official dinner. You are just too funny!

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

998 posts, read 1,513,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Typical hyperbole. I scream when y'all TRASH Palin over her female attributes, not "any time people mention" her. You really don't get the difference, do you? Pathetic.

How about this -- since you have an insatiable desire to call me a name, you can call me an "in-lawist." That's at least relevant.
I think "hypocrite" works just fine, and I am not just basing that solely on this thread.

And the only hyperbole is your description of the overall situation.

There's several of you righties here who nag constantly about sexism, yet have no problem making cracks about the Obama females.

3,031 posts, read 9,084,943 times
Quote:
As "findingme..." recognized, this was SUPPOSED to be a funny thread to lighten things up. But your company chose to use it instead to attack me and NOT keep it fun. So, whatever. You people are even stiffer than your candidate.

And kudos to Obama. There would be either a homicide or a suicide at my house if my MIL were living here.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:12 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
There's several of you righties here who nag constantly about sexism, yet have no problem making cracks about the Obama females.
Here's a prime example...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
To make matters worse, judging from her spawn can you imagine what the old gal looks like or how she dresses? This could get very embarrassing.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:14 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times
Quote:
As "findingme..." recognized, this was SUPPOSED to be a funny thread to lighten things up. But your company chose to use it instead to attack me and NOT keep it fun. So, whatever. You people are even stiffer than your candidate.
You have been on CD, you know things do not always come out the way people expect. Instead of arguing back which contradicts the original intent, you should have been pacifying people and reminding them your original intent was comedic relief.
Thanks Guero for calling a spade a spade.

--------------------------------------
In August, The New York Times Magazine did a story about trolls, some barely out of their teens, who antagonize others for the sake of "lulz": "Lulz is watching someone lose their mind at their computer 2,000 miles away while you chat with friends and laugh," one ex-troll told the publication.

Some people are just bitter and angry," said psychiatrist Dr. Terry Eagan, medical director of the Moonview Sanctuary in Santa Monica, California. "Sometimes, they're against everyone, other times against a specific group. That person can get really stimulated and can say all sorts of horrible things. But I don't think it's not like they didn't exist before."

#@*!!! Anonymous anger rampant on Internet - CNN.com

Old 11-12-2008, 12:20 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Oh well, if all Obama's critics have left to criticize is that Michelle's mom is coming to live with them ... yea!!!!

Old 11-12-2008, 12:24 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
Is it MY job to "pacify" people who clearly do NOT want to be pacified and are simply hijacking a thread to insult me and other non-Obamaphiles? NOPE. Even though I was certified to teach Grades 6-12, I chose not to deal with middle school behavior.

And save your "troll quote." It's really tiresome and unimaginative. I have contributed more substantive posts on this forum than you and yours could manage among you. Your ilk is more interested in smearing those with different ideologies in any way you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
You have been on CD, you know things do not always come out the way people expect. Instead of arguing back which contradicts the original intent, you should have been pacifying people and reminding them your original intent was comedic relief.
Thanks Guero for calling a spade a spade.

--------------------------------------
In August, The New York Times Magazine did a story about trolls, some barely out of their teens, who antagonize others for the sake of "lulz": "Lulz is watching someone lose their mind at their computer 2,000 miles away while you chat with friends and laugh," one ex-troll told the publication.

Some people are just bitter and angry," said psychiatrist Dr. Terry Eagan, medical director of the Moonview Sanctuary in Santa Monica, California. "Sometimes, they're against everyone, other times against a specific group. That person can get really stimulated and can say all sorts of horrible things. But I don't think it's not like they didn't exist before."

#@*!!! Anonymous anger rampant on Internet - CNN.com

Old 11-12-2008, 12:34 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times
You exhibit middle school behavior with your comments of "you people" and from the comments Guero posted below.. perhaps one has been with middle school kids too long..

And save your false sympathies for people that care.. its is extremely tiresome

The troll quote was appropriate

Quote:
Is it MY job to "pacify" people who clearly do NOT want to be pacified and are simply hijacking a thread to insult me and other non-Obamaphiles? NOPE. Even though I was certified to teach Grades 6-12, I chose not to deal with middle school behavior.

And save your "troll quote." It's really tiresome and unimaginative. I have contributed more substantive posts on this forum than you and yours could manage among you. Your ilk is more interested in smearing those with different ideologies in any way you can.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:37 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Here's a prime example...
And some more.. and guess who penned them?

Quote:
To Michelle Obama, I say -- in the words of that great Democratic philosopher Pamela Anderson -- "BITE IT!"
Quote:
Heh, maybe in his household so as not to get his skinny butt kicked by Michelle but nowhere else.
Quote:
Heh, I'll bet Michelle slapped him silly when she saw this pic!
Quote:
Cool, he can go there to rule then. But I think that the French would tell him to keep the "lovely" Michelle under wraps. Sarkozy's wife is gorgeous and very popular. The French would send Michelle to the guillotine the first time she opened her racist mouth.
Quote:
She will need tutelage in being graceful and charming, no doubt about that. I don't know if she'd be open to advice from Laura Bush but she should be. ...Michelle blurts out offensive stuff and cops an attitude far too often.
Someone's trying really hard to portray Michelle as an uncouth, racist battle-axe. This thread is just an extension of that thought process.

Irony that.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:40 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
Yeah fine example of your substandard posts/threads right here.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...iss-obama.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections