Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 12:15 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,339,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
Oh man, Obama is pulling our troops out of Germany and Japan! I can't believe it! What about South Korea, are we abandoning our bases there too?

I hope we leave S.Korea .I was at 2nd Div Camp Casey my first Asian over seas tour.

Many there dont want us there dont like us . Let them fight their own damn fight. Though I highly doubt N .Korea will make a troop move on DMZ .

The S.Korean army can fight and after all its their country.
Its high time we stop protecting everyone else not to mention we PAY S.Korea so we can keep our bases there .

I wonder if we are there protecting the interest of all the American owned ,invested corps down South like Seoul.

The more over-seas bases we close the better . Granted some soldiers like it over-seas and heard Germany is real pretty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Yep. It's been interesting watching how people have convinced themselves we're staying in Iraq all because they've been reading other people who've convinced themselves we're staying in Iraq.

The circle of idiocy is difficult to break.
------------------------
Yes the circle of idiocy of living in lala wishfull thinking land that Dems live in is funny.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Not really. Obama actually has an exit strategy that will now be executed. Bush had a "winning means staying and staying means winning" strategy.

"Obama actually has an exit strategy "

lol .

Come 011 we will still be getting speeches about his "exit strategy ".

Old 12-02-2008, 01:48 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,105,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
------------------------
Yes the circle of idiocy of living in lala wishfull thinking land that Dems live in is funny.
Brilliant.

Who am I to argue with such first-rate thinking?

Old 12-02-2008, 01:49 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
And I think he's learning first hand what Bush already found out. And what Presidents before him knew. A clean exit strategy in a war situation is an oxymoron.
Notice the the phrasing of a planned withdrawal he already knew the challenge of. Others didn't and transferred their thoughts to his and put their thoughts into words he didn't use.

Old 12-02-2008, 01:55 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Believe it only when you see it . We are not leaving Iraq. They say that now because elections in Iraq are coming up.

They are politicians just like our bunch.

Say one thing get elected than do another
The trick is being allowed to stay until 2011 and not being kicked out sooner. The ****es want us out sooner then later. A lot to still be played out. South Asia is the true Nexus of terror and is now becoming center stage.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:16 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
Quote:
I hope we leave S.Korea .I was at 2nd Div Camp Casey my first Asian over seas tour.

Many there dont want us there dont like us . Let them fight their own damn fight. Though I highly doubt N .Korea will make a troop move on DMZ .

The S.Korean army can fight and after all its their country.
Its high time we stop protecting everyone else not to mention we PAY S.Korea so we can keep our bases there .

I wonder if we are there protecting the interest of all the American owned ,invested corps down South like Seoul.

The more over-seas bases we close the better . Granted some soldiers like it over-seas and heard Germany is real pretty.

My father faught in the Korean war and he shares your sentiments. He says they hate us even after all we have done for that country. It galls him that we are still there and I would bet we will still have some troops in Iraq in 50 years also.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:19 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Notice the the phrasing of a planned withdrawal he already knew the challenge of. Others didn't and transferred their thoughts to his and put their thoughts into words he didn't use.

What Obama thought he knew, he can now forget. He is just beginning to get his feet wet in Presidency 101 and I am sure he has had a lot of eye opening lately.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:23 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
DOD stands to lose billions on a pull out. you think getting the fence built on the border was tough. watch this.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:40 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Oh, so since he had a security briefing and now has changed his mind, that's okay. But Bush has been privvy to the security all along and came to the same conclusion that Obama has now come to, based on the intelligence, but it was NOT okay for Bush. I see....
Don't be ridiculous. Obama's plan regarding Iraq is nowhere near Bush's "plan" (like he had one--right). Obama never said that he would immediately draw troops out of Iraq. If I remember correctly, he was hoping for 18 months and then withdrawal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections