Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 08:32 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

Sarah Palin:

Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin describes herself as a "hard-core pro-lifer" and expresses confidence that in spite of disheartening polls, "putting this in God's hands, that the right thing for America will be done at the end of the day on Nov. 4.

Palin: Election Day Results Are Up To God

Does this mean that God hates Republicans? Or does he hate Americans in general?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 08:41 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Sarah Palin:

Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin describes herself as a "hard-core pro-lifer" and expresses confidence that in spite of disheartening polls, "putting this in God's hands, that the right thing for America will be done at the end of the day on Nov. 4.

Palin: Election Day Results Are Up To God

Does this mean that God hates Republicans? Or does he hate Americans in general?

This is ONE woman's views on HER religion. She does NOT speak for all Christians. God does NOT hate.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:44 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
This is ONE woman's views on HER religion. She does NOT speak for all Christians. God does NOT hate.
Sarah Palin's does.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:44 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
I asked a similar question several weeks ago. Lots of people said that they pray for God's will on election day, but if Obama were elected, it would mean we were closer to the end times. I don't get it. If you pray about an election and your candidate wins, it's God's benevolence shining down. If you pray and your candidate loses, it's God bringing the world to an end.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Sarah Palin's does.
I could careless what she thinks she is not the leader of all things Christians.

Nor does she speak for us.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
I could careless what she thinks she is not the leader of all things Christians.

Nor does she speak for us.
I'm not attacking you. I'm merely stating that there are many in the Christian Community who feel that Sarah Palin is their voice in government. I'm just hoping that there are more Christians like you.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I asked a similar question several weeks ago. Lots of people said that they pray for God's will on election day, but if Obama were elected, it would mean we were closer to the end times. I don't get it. If you pray about an election and your candidate wins, it's God's benevolence shining down. If you pray and your candidate loses, it's God bringing the world to an end.
What's funny is that, as Christians, aren't they supposed to welcome the end of days ... the second coming? If so, and if Obama's election is going to signal the apocalypse, then Christians should be dancing in the streets awaiting their Lord.

Right?

Old 11-12-2008, 08:52 AM

Quote:
I'm not attacking you. I'm merely stating that there are many in the Christian Community who feel that Sarah Palin is their voice in government. I'm just hoping that there are more Christians like you.

Oh I know you weren't my apologies if it came across that way. Many people like to think one person speaks for the masses and I guess my anger was more based with the OP for even posting something so ridiculous.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:52 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,262 times
Obama's victory means:

1.) God (or Jesus Christ) did not listen to the prayers of millions of Christian fundies who prayed for the victory of McCain/Palin

OR

2.) God doesn't exist

Old 11-12-2008, 08:53 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,854,193 times
Quote:
What's funny is that, as Christians, aren't they supposed to welcome the end of days ... the second coming? If so, and if Obama's election is going to signal the apocalypse, then Christians should be dancing in the streets awaiting their Lord.

Right?

Didn't you see the party in Grant Park? Those were actually hundreds of thousands of Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections