Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 04:02 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,957,638 times

Advertisements

Let's talk about Hillary Clinton's ethical problems that expose her and Bill Clinton's corruption. Just look at who he pardoned upon leaving the White House:
-Almon Glenn Braswell was pardoned of his mail fraud and perjury convictions after paying about $200,000 to Hillary’s brother, Hugh Rodham, to represent his case for clemency. He later returned the payments, but he too invoked the Fifth Amendment during a Congressional hearing.

-In 2000, Clinton pardoned Vonna Jo Gregory, owner of the carnival company United Shows International, and her husband Edgar for a 1982 bank fraud conviction. After the pardon, the company gave Hillary’s brother Anthony Rodham $107,000 in "loans” that he has never repaid.

-On his last day in office, Clinton pardoned his old friend Susan McDougal, who had already completed her sentence for her role in the Whitewater scandal. (the "fallguy" for his own dirty work)

-Clinton also pardoned his brother Roger on drug charges, and former Housing secretary Henry Cisneros, who was convicted of lying to the FBI about payments to a mistress.

-Clinton slashed the prison sentences of four men convicted of stealing millions in federal grants. The men were from a community of Hasidic Jews in New Square, N.Y., which voted 1,400 to 12 in favor of Hillary Clinton in her first Senate race.

-White Water evidence held back from Congress's investigation:
On May 16, 1996, the Senate Whitewater committee voted to subpoena FBI reports showing that Hillary Clinton's fingerprints were found on hundreds of pages of Rose law Firm documents found in the White House residence quarters in January. The records, subpoenaed in 1994, had been missing. In a two-page affidavit to Senate Whitewater investigators on June 17th, Hillary Clinton states that she "does not know" how her Rose Law Firm billing records ended up in the White House.

-Took a $100,000 bribe, camouflaged as futures trades, from Tyson Foods Inc.

-Speculated in Health Care industry futures while overseeing legislative reform of same. Hey, why not make a buck any way you can!?

-Failed to correct false testimony by co-defendant Ira Magaziner in Health Care trial.

-Obstructed justice by ordering the shredding of Vince Foster's documents in the Rose Law Firm. A Fawn Hall moment??

-Ordered members of the Health Care Task Force to shred documents that were the target of a court probe. Oops, another Fawn Hall moment.

-Ordered the removal of documents from Vince Foster's office and told aides to lie about their removal of documents.

-Obstructed justice by keeping her billing records, documents sought under subpoena, in the White House residence.

-Lied to investigators about her knowledge about billing records.

-Lied to investigators about her involvement in the Castle Grande land flip con.

-Ordered the use of the FBI to discredit Travel Office employees.

-Lied to investigators about her involvement in the firing of Travel Office Employees.

Gee Bingo...I see a pattern here...you support me and my wife's political aspirations and also give our family member "loans" we'll never repay and we'll make sure we pardon you when we have it in our power...and we'll also use the White House to protect documents crucial to Court and Congressional investigations from subpoenas!

Elect me Hillary Clinton so that I can continue to pad my pockets and give me the power to protect my cronies who help me profit by offering them the ultimate "get free" card... a presidential pardon!!!
My motto may become:

Elect me, make me or give me money, and get out of jail free!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 04:16 PM

673 posts, read 4,059,318 times
All of this seems so trivial compared to what has been going on since January 2001.

Seriously, id take what some consider the Clinton's ethics lapses over this Iraq situation Bush started anyday.

Its amazing how people have such an obcessive dislike for the Clinton's. I think the Clinton years were such good years compared to what is going on now.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:27 PM

9,872 posts, read 10,773,808 times
she' never going to make it to the white house, so it doesnt matter! ALGORE is going to come in fresh off of winning his oscar the nobel peace prize, grammy, emmy and everything else they can throw at him and the planets going to get whole lot hotter when he starts his hot air tour! let the games begin !

Old 02-22-2007, 05:19 PM

569 posts, read 1,225,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Let's talk about Hillary Clinton's ethical problems that expose her and Bill Clinton's corruption. Just look at who he pardoned upon leaving the White House:
MoMark - how could you leave out the granddaddy of them all: Marc Rich.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...,99302,00.html

Old 02-22-2007, 05:19 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,471,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDen View Post
All of this seems so trivial compared to what has been going on since January 2001.

Seriously, id take what some consider the Clinton's ethics lapses over this Iraq situation Bush started anyday.

Its amazing how people have such an obcessive dislike for the Clinton's. I think the Clinton years were such good years compared to what is going on now.
While I agree that the stuff MoMark points out is small potatoes in comparison to what is happening now, I think it is very relevant nonetheless in light of the fact that sHillary is positioning herself for a run at the White House.

What I find as equally reprehensible is how she is running a campaign that Karl Rove would very proud of. She is using all the Republican canards (Democrats coddle terrorists except ME, SOME PEOPLE don't take terrorism seriously, etc...) to rip apart her own party for her own selfish gains. Thankfully, despite the fact that the powers-that-be obviously want sHillary to get the Democratic nomination, people are very wise to this kind of BS after the last 2 elections and the current political climate in general. I think she'll be pretty much an also-ran by the time primary season rolls around if she keeps up this garbage.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:28 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,657,639 times
Quote:

When I used to be a Republican, I'd frequently comment: nobody died in the Watergate break in. But Sam Ervin and Herman Talmadge belonged to the Southern Caucus, and lots of people died because of their stone walling of civil rights bills.

I agree with you. The shoe is on the other foot. This clown we got now makes Bill n Hill look like monuments of statesmanship. Everything the left used to say about Reagan is true about Dubya.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:31 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,957,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdbeard5 View Post
MoMark - how could you leave out the granddaddy of them all: Marc Rich.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...,99302,00.html
I purposely left him out because I don't understand his ties to the Clintons as well rdbeard5 But yep, I knew about him.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:21 PM

702 posts, read 2,520,077 times
Quote:

Hallelujah! I hope more people feel this way than worry about a petty list of indiscretions. "Hillary used a double negative today, grammar enthusiasts shouldn't vote for her!" Come on...

Remember haters: the Clinton"S" aren't running for office; she is only one person.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:42 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,666,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtsluvr8 View Post
Hallelujah! I hope more people feel this way than worry about a petty list of indiscretions.
Petty list of indiscretions? Obstruction of Justice? Fraud? Sounds to me like an ideologue.

Quote:
Remember haters: the Clinton"S" aren't running for office; she is only one person.
You actually believe this?

Old 02-23-2007, 05:48 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,471,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Petty list of indiscretions? Obstruction of Justice? Fraud? Sounds to me like an ideologue.

You actually believe this?
Lemme guess- you think the Libby trial is a big waste of time, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections