Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 02:33 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Isn't that the state that almost elected a weird comedian for the Senate and a professional wrestler as Guv? Hahahahahahahahaha
You know what? I lived in West Texas throughout the 80s. But, I am not going to lower myself to making asinine statements about the entire state - even based upon my OWN, ACTUAL experiences in the state.

It's scary that you teach kids, and then behave like one on a message board. You're constantly telling others to grow up - heal thyself.

I hope the fake laughter helps you feel better about your own situation. I really do. *teardrop*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 02:36 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
You know what? I lived in West Texas throughout the 80s. But, I am not going to lower myself to making asinine statements about the entire state - even based upon my OWN, ACTUAL experiences in the state.

It's scary that you teach kids, and then behave like one on a message board. You're constantly telling others to grow up - heal thyself.

I hope the fake laughter helps you feel better about your own situation. I really do. *teardrop*
Heh, I guess this means you voted for Franken and Ventura.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:44 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Heh, I guess this means you voted for Franken and Ventura.
Actually, bright bulb, I voted Barkley (our 3rd party candidate), because I refused to vote either Coleman or Franken. And no, I wasn't fooled into voting for Jesse, like so many others were, when he promised to take our state's rainy day fund and hand it out to everyone. I think it's also imprtant to point out that Jessie is Reform party, not Democrat. I vote independent when possible -- I like to kick both dem and repub incumbents to the curb.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:49 PM

135 posts, read 224,106 times
Why, why can't you at least choose some facts when you're bored and decide to cry on a message board because the majority of the country has ruined what would have been paradise on earth if only everyone had listened to you and you genious plans that were encompassed and put forth by the rightous Palin/McCain team (reverse candidates in the event of a nutjob Obama supporter spouting idiot statements based on no fact). For real, wtf is wrong with people like you (directed to OP and people with likewise posts fyi)?

The dow dropped 400 pts today because the treasury finally said they're not going to buy all the securitized bad debt aka toxic motgages. This was sort of pricing itself into the market because most people with knowledge of securitized debt knew it would take days maybe months to figure out all the poeple that own 1 part of a bad mortgage. However, some people were still holding out hope that it would happen. Today the Feds finished off that hope, and the market finished adjusting to it. Now I know there are a lot of long hard words in those sentences, but do yourself a favor, look them up, and get informed. The reasons for the drop the few days prior have already been listed. Circuit City wasn't raking in the dough till Nov 4 when the election year depression fairy came and took it all away... for real, wtf goes on in the heads of people like this.

THIS is the pathetic side of the average American. Not because everyone has different opinions. It makes us stronger. But because so many people are so lazy that they choose not to get educated before spouting out some ill-informed opinion (or outright lie) as fact.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:50 PM

528 posts, read 1,462,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the point View Post
idea after all, look at how the markets have performed since the 5th, no investor confidence in our great leader.
OLD subject, NO relevance, read a book.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:53 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
True story: I stubbed my toe walking in my house last night.

I forwarded a nasty e-mail to Barack HUSSEIN Obama in response.
Because you can't afford lights any more ?

Old 11-12-2008, 03:05 PM

329 posts, read 473,084 times
Default Look at my previous post about California, thats

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpelp View Post
Why, why can't you at least choose some facts when you're bored and decide to cry on a message board because the majority of the country has ruined what would have been paradise on earth if only everyone had listened to you and you genious plans that were encompassed and put forth by the rightous Palin/McCain team (reverse candidates in the event of a nutjob Obama supporter spouting idiot statements based on no fact). For real, wtf is wrong with people like you (directed to OP and people with likewise posts fyi)?

The dow dropped 400 pts today because the treasury finally said they're not going to buy all the securitized bad debt aka toxic motgages. This was sort of pricing itself into the market because most people with knowledge of securitized debt knew it would take days maybe months to figure out all the poeple that own 1 part of a bad mortgage. However, some people were still holding out hope that it would happen. Today the Feds finished off that hope, and the market finished adjusting to it. Now I know there are a lot of long hard words in those sentences, but do yourself a favor, look them up, and get informed. The reasons for the drop the few days prior have already been listed. Circuit City wasn't raking in the dough till Nov 4 when the election year depression fairy came and took it all away... for real, wtf goes on in the heads of people like this.

THIS is the pathetic side of the average American. Not because everyone has different opinions. It makes us stronger. But because so many people are so lazy that they choose not to get educated before spouting out some ill-informed opinion (or outright lie) as fact.
my answer for you!

Old 11-12-2008, 03:10 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times
Quote:
idea after all, look at how the markets have performed since the 5th, no investor confidence in our great leader.
where are the links to support your statement?

Old 11-12-2008, 03:15 PM

135 posts, read 224,106 times
Quote:
my answer for you!
EDIT: Half your post was in the subject line!! Witty!! I'm not going to go searching for posts from a person who puts up as blatently uninformed garbage as the first post.

Now go read up on repackaged securitized debt before spewing forth nonsense again.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:19 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,392,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
where are the links to support your statement?
You and your cries for links get really old. Listen or watch the MSM, read a newspaper, make google your friend...geesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections