Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2008, 01:47 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,167,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
As long as it is being allowed the pack mentality prevails. Children should not be talked about like they are have been and continue to be. It does not matter that the kids will be able to read what is said. Who cares anonymity right!
I agree with you, Miborn! It also should follow that the parents make the children a little more anonymous.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:51 PM

998 posts, read 1,506,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Oh Michelle Obama is a child being talked about in a vicious manner

I highly doubt that anyone cheered over a child being shot pleeze unless it is by the left.
In case you can't figure it out - I agree with you.

I just happen to think that attacking Michelle's looks is nearly as stupid and vindictive as blaming Piper for her mom's deeds.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:56 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,808,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, I would point out that all of us who have been participating in this thread are guilty.

I think most of the criticism has been about her mother. Frankly, while I think (and posted) that moms tend to be d***** if we do and if we don't, I think some of Sarah's decisions were inappropriate.
Picking on the mother is fine- but picking on Piper for wearing her mother's shoes and criticizing her for answering in her interview with "Yeah" rather than run on sentences like her mother is wrong.

For the 100th time, I'll say that Sarah is a wealth of ammunition to criticize. Nobody needs to resort to making fun of her children.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:57 PM

382 posts, read 951,291 times
I'm sure that all the candidates kid's get behind when their parents are on the campaign trail. Who cares? Sounds like the tolerant leftist bunch just can't help but hate someone.

Your boy Obama won; get over it.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:59 PM

442 posts, read 787,973 times
Attacking children is simply below contempt. I have lost whatever little respect I might have once had for HuffPost and the Obamabums. It's one thing to slander Palin, and it's a whole other thing to sling mud at her children. Whoever wrote this article is a dirt bag and anyone involved in spreading this is equally guilty.

You should be ashamed.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:00 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,335,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Huffington Post again. Palin REALLY scares you guys, doesn't she? Otherwise you wouldn't be posting this stuff STILL.
Yeah, she does. She should scare you too. Someone that dumb, divisive (first speech to the US insulted Community Organizers and anyone not from a small town) and abusive of power being that close to the presidency is a very scary thought. She's clearly a bad mother, her son was known as "The bad boy of Wasilla" and was shipped off to Iraq to "become a man". The next in line got pregnant in HS (probably twice with the DS baby being born while the girl was on a mysterious 6 month leave from school) and dropped out. Now we hear that another child is flunking. Seriously, if she can't even raise her own kids, how can she be a good leader?

Clinton and his wife were quite busy, but Chelsea went to Stanford. Even one of the Bush daughters was a good student at Yale.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Picking on the mother is fine- but picking on Piper for wearing her mother's shoes and criticizing her for answering in her interview with "Yeah" rather than run on sentences like her mother is wrong.

For the 100th time, I'll say that Sarah is a wealth of ammunition to criticize. Nobody needs to resort to making fun of her children.
I do not disagree. Not everyone who had posted prior to your post criticized the kids.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:07 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,031,366 times
Femminist solidarity!

Old 11-14-2008, 02:09 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,120,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
In case you can't figure it out - I agree with you.

I just happen to think that attacking Michelle's looks is nearly as stupid and vindictive as blaming Piper for her mom's deeds.
Except that Piper is a child and Michelle Obama is not. And did you think that it was okay for libs to attack McCain's looks?

Old 11-14-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperIncumbent View Post
Attacking children is simply below contempt. I have lost whatever little respect I might have once had for HuffPost and the Obamabums. It's one thing to slander Palin, and it's a whole other thing to sling mud at her children. Whoever wrote this article is a dirt bag and anyone involved in spreading this is equally guilty.

You should be ashamed.
All the article does is quote Piper telling Matt Lauer that she missed a lot of school. That is the same thing that was shown on the "Today" show. It might be better to question why Sarah and Todd allowed the "Today" show into their house with cameras, to interview them and their children.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 11-14-2008 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections