Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2008, 01:24 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,159,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Why would you assume she *didn't* make arrangements for school? I am quite sure they were in contact with the school and their teachers; it is illegal to just yank your kids out of school. I think the only reason you assume she didn't is because it is Palin. If it were Obama, I'm sure you'd assume he had taken care of it.
Why are you so g****** sure she did? You've posted about how sure you are several times now! Did you tak with the Wasilla SD about this? The impression I get from reading about Sarah and seeing her on the campaign trail is that she does what she wants w/o regard to what anyone tells her, recommends, etc. She is a maverick! Remember the VP debate? She told Gwen Iffel she would not answer her questions. Do you think she went to the Wasilla school board and filled out all the proper forms for excused absences, etc? Do you know this for a fact, as you seem to think you do?

As far as Obama's kids, which I was not going to bring up b/c this is a thread about Piper Palin, we saw far less of them. Apparently, Michelle's mom was taking care of them. I get the impression from Obama's commercial about he and his mom getting up at 4 AM or so to study, and him complaining about it, and her (mom) saying, "It wasn't easy for me, either, buster", that education is important to him. I do not know if his kids were in school. I saw one campaign appearance, I believe in Ohio, where he had one of his daughters with him, and I saw him Trick or Treating with them in Chicago. I do not know if they were in school. BUT THAT IS NOT THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD!!!

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 11-14-2008 at 01:40 PM.. Reason: clarification, add maverick

Old 11-14-2008, 01:28 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,807,806 times
Can we please leave ALL of the minor children out of this? Palin's, Obama's, McCain's and all other politicians.

They do not belong as the subject of these discussions.

My heart is breaking for all the horrible things being said about Piper. She's a little girl. How low must people sink?

Old 11-14-2008, 01:29 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,483,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie Lover View Post
I've been looking at the election. I havn't been studying the children. OMG how sick of you.

I'm UK anyway, I've mostly been trying to survive the financial crisis that the USA started.

Oh yes, the evil USA, luckily you aren't speaking German.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:30 PM

998 posts, read 1,506,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Can we please leave ALL of the minor children out of this? Palin's, Obama's, McCain's and all other politicians.

My heart is breaking for all the horrible things being said about Piper. She's a little girl. How low must people sink?
I'm pretty disappointed in my fellow liberals who are banging this drum. There is so much to talk about with regard to Palin. Do we need to involve her kids?

Old 11-14-2008, 01:31 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,031,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Oh yes, the evil USA, luckily you aren't speaking German.
Speaking German is better then speaking Palin!

Old 11-14-2008, 01:35 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,119,324 times
Please remain on topic from this point forward.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:36 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,031,234 times
Remain on topic:

You wanna know why Sarah put her politics before her kids?!

Old 11-14-2008, 01:37 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,159,120 times
Quote:

Well, I would point out that all of us who have been participating in this thread are guilty.

I think most of the criticism has been about her mother. Frankly, while I think (and posted) that moms tend to be d***** if we do and if we don't, I think some of Sarah's decisions were inappropriate.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:42 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,378,354 times
Quote:

As long as it is being allowed the pack mentality prevails. Children should not be talked about like they are have been and continue to be. It does not matter that the kids will be able to read what is said. Who cares anonymity right!

Old 11-14-2008, 01:45 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,378,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
Eh, they allowed people to foam at the mouth over other people's kids and cheer about one being shot for kicking over a McCain sign.

They allow people to attack Michelle Obama.

I don't agree with this silly attack on the Palin's here, but there's been plenty of crap allowed going the other way.
Oh Michelle Obama is a child being talked about in a vicious manner

I highly doubt that anyone cheered over a child being shot pleeze unless it is by the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections