Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 11:48 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Right... There's that understanding of the subtle nuances of foreign relations rearing it's head...

You seem to be claiming that the Arabs who objected to the statement are extreme. Do you honestly believe that?

It would be better to remove the I'm American so I'm right-colored (in lieu of rose-colored) glasses and look at things a little more objectively and realistically - with a more worldly perspective.
NO, I NEVER said """Arabs who objected to the statement are extreme""

HERE is what I posted:
"""But to pick apart whatever Emmanuel's father said and expect Rahm to apologize is ...extreme....if his FATHER feels like apologizing that's his business.... he's not a dog. """

NOW please point out where I said Arabs are extreme ?????????????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 01:03 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
NO, I NEVER said """Arabs who objected to the statement are extreme""

HERE is what I posted:
"""But to pick apart whatever Emmanuel's father said and expect Rahm to apologize is ...extreme....if his FATHER feels like apologizing that's his business.... he's not a dog. """

NOW please point out where I said Arabs are extreme ?????????????????
Go back to the OP. Who objected to the statement and expected an apology? It is they you refer to as extreme.

You're also making my point. Too many people, including Obama and his selected Chief of Staff, fail to understand the repercussions of relationships and what others say and do in the subtle nuances of foreign relations.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Go back to the OP. Who objected to the statement and expected an apology? It is they you refer to as extreme.

You're also making my point. Too many people, including Obama and his selected Chief of Staff, fail to understand the repercussions of relationships and what others say and do in the subtle nuances of foreign relations.
I actually know better than you who or what I was referring to as extreme
Here , again, is what I posted:""expect Rahm to apologize is ...extreme""

This meant that I believe Rahm's father should apologize for his words, not Rahm.

Now, once again post proof that I said ANYTHING about Arabs being extreme. You can't.

Your :

""Too many people, including Obama and his selected Chief of Staff, fail to understand the repercussions of relationships and what others say and do in the subtle nuances of foreign relations""

....better applies to the current administration and their followers who have no respect for what other countries think....and have said so many times in CD.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:01 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
How about "Rahm Emmanuel Apologizes for father's disparaging remarks about Arabs"

Although I don't know why he would apologize for what someone else said (???)
I think it began with the "guilt by association" ideology/paranoia courtesy of more republicans who were desperately seeking to declare Obama as a muslim and hating America. (see Rev. Wright; Bill Ayers) Don't forget to add the deranged looking matted haired woman at the McCain rally who state Obama was an Arab.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:26 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
I actually know better than you who or what I was referring to as extreme
Here , again, is what I posted:""expect Rahm to apologize is ...extreme""

This meant that I believe Rahm's father should apologize for his words, not Rahm.
Your explanation indicates that you either did not read or did not comprehend what you read in the linked Reuters article. The Arab group specifically sent a letter of objection to Rahm Emanuel, with the expectation of an apology.

"The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee sent a letter to Emanuel calling on him to distance himself from remarks made by the elder Emanuel in an interview with an Israeli newspaper following his son's appointment last week.

...While some political analysts have said Rahm Emanuel, a veteran Democratic congressman, should not be held responsible for the actions of his father, there was also a sense that an apology was unavoidable.
"

So is it your position that Emanuel should just ignore the Arab group's request and therefore strain foreign relations because you believe the request is 'extreme'?

Quote:
Now, once again post proof that I said ANYTHING about Arabs being extreme. You can't.
Actually, you just did yourself in your post.

Quote:
Your :

""Too many people, including Obama and his selected Chief of Staff, fail to understand the repercussions of relationships and what others say and do in the subtle nuances of foreign relations""

....better applies to the current administration and their followers who have no respect for what other countries think....and have said so many times in CD.
I didn't see anyone other than a close relative of an Obama appointee publicly state that his son would be in a position to influence United States' policy in the Middle East - and Obama hasn't even been sworn into office, yet.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Your explanation indicates that you either did not read or did not comprehend what you read in the linked Reuters article. The Arab group specifically sent a letter of objection to Rahm Emanuel, with the expectation of an apology.

"The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee sent a letter to Emanuel calling on him to distance himself from remarks made by the elder Emanuel in an interview with an Israeli newspaper following his son's appointment last week.

...While some political analysts have said Rahm Emanuel, a veteran Democratic congressman, should not be held responsible for the actions of his father, there was also a sense that an apology was unavoidable.
"

So is it your position that Emanuel should just ignore the Arab group's request and therefore strain foreign relations because you believe the request is 'extreme'?

Actually, you just did yourself in your post.

I didn't see anyone other than a close relative of an Obama appointee publicly state that his son would be in a position to influence United States' policy in the Middle East - and Obama hasn't even been sworn into office, yet.
Ok, end of debate because you can't comprehend English and refuse to quit lying about what I said....can't debate/discuss/ argue when one party (YOU) keeps lying or is too stupid to read English.

However, if you continue to lie about what I post ....don't know if it will help or not and mostly don't care but I will state loudly and clearly whenever I can that you are an out and out liar (which seems to be the only way you can "prove" a point...

Old 11-14-2008, 03:59 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Rahm Throws his own Father under the bus!

Under the bus, out of the plane, off of the ship, whatever he felt most efficient at the time.
He probably sent him a dead fish too ...

Old 11-14-2008, 04:09 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,267 times
I think it's touching how the righties always call Democrats wimps, yet when Obama picks someone who is anything but, the howling begins.

So typical.

Anyway, he did what any other politician would have had to do.

P.S. The dead fish thing is funny.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:32 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,008,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
I think it's touching how the righties always call Democrats wimps, yet when Obama picks someone who is anything but, the howling begins.

So typical.

Anyway, he did what any other politician would have had to do.

P.S. The dead fish thing is funny.
Yes, yes, and yes--the dead fish thing *is* funny.
Obama will set the agenda, but he needed a badass in there.
IMHO, Emanuel will be a massive improvement over Rumsfeld.
But I don't see what the big deal is over Obama's choice, how often do people freak out over such a post? The righties are seemingly looking for nits to pick.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:56 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Yes, yes, and yes--the dead fish thing *is* funny.
Obama will set the agenda, but he needed a badass in there.
IMHO, Emanuel will be a massive improvement over Rumsfeld.
But I don't see what the big deal is over Obama's choice, how often do people freak out over such a post? The righties are seemingly looking for nits to pick.

That assessment? Is dead on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections