Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 07:28 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
It doesn't say anything more about me than it does about millions of other Americans.

Mainstream folks don't wish harm on anyone.

If there is motivation for debate -- it is political philosophy.

There is a divide in America concerning political thought, or theory.

Like I said before, I don't condone threats on anyone. Sometimes the reasons for threatening President's lives are so stupid, "Like loving Jody Foster", that you can't make sense of it.

My point is that America is less threatened by "rumored threats" on the life of the new President, than it is by the policies that Democrats will be pushing on folks who are too ignorant to know what's best for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 07:35 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Quake View Post
She accused the president of the most powerful nation on earth of hanging out with terrorists. She basicly called him a terrorist. If its true, then his terrorists buddies will put her at the top of their hit list. Dontcha think?
He's not the president. Bush is the president.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:48 PM

251 posts, read 413,484 times
The big O is president. They still refer to Clinton and Carter as president and they aren't the president either. Bush is a lame duck. His only remaining power is to pardon all the criminals who helped him pull off 911 and Iraq-gate.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:49 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Quake View Post
The big O is president. They still refer to Clinton and Carter as president and they aren't the president either. Bush is a lame duck. His only remaining power is to pardon all the criminals who helped him pull off 911 and Iraq-gate.
Obama is president-elect. He has not taken office yet; he has never been the president. Bush is the president. And I will give Obama the same respect you give Bush.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:04 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
This is horrible.

I think this has to do with a few things.
1) People being afraid of a black man being president. Not everyone of course but some of them, yes.
2) For some reason, I feel that religion has never been as powerful in elections like this one. I know several people who based their vote this election on one issue only. That issue was abortion. Religion has become a big issue as of late. I think some religious people are scared more than every than having a president who supports gay rights and is pro choice.

Just my two cents. I am not particularly religious but I certainly do believe good thoughts and well wishes help. In this case, my well wishes and thoughts go to President elect Obama. I hope he stays out of harms way. I hope that some Republicans can agree with me as well.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:13 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Obama is president-elect. He has not taken office yet; he has never been the president. Bush is the president. And I will give Obama the same respect you give Bush.
Barack gives huge respect to Unions, and Unions have to learn to back off, for the sake of the economy.

Tell me how Unions are going to stand up for the little man, when all they're concerned about is their own financial clout and wages for their constituents (UAW) that amount to ( $58 per hour ) on average.

That is no longer competitive. Consider auto plants in the South (non union) who pay $28 per hour on average.

I live in Michigan, and if you think that I believe that those kind of wages should be upheld to push a button (telling a robot to move), then you are crazy. A successful auto industry (which so much of America depends on) will prosper without unions. Remember, I live in Michigan. Unions screwed Detroit. Greed screwed Detroit. Barack wants to keep up that tradition.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:47 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Quote:
It doesn't say anything more about me than it does about millions of other Americans.

Mainstream folks don't wish harm on anyone.

If there is motivation for debate -- it is political philosophy.

There is a divide in America concerning political thought, or theory.

Like I said before, I don't condone threats on anyone. Sometimes the reasons for threatening President's lives are so stupid, "Like loving Jody Foster", that you can't make sense of it.

My point is that America is less threatened by "rumored threats" on the life of the new President, than it is by the policies that Democrats will be pushing on folks who are too ignorant to know what's best for them.
And you in your wisdom know what is best for folks who have exercised their right to vote for the candidate you didn't? That may be why one side won and the other was defeated. Self righteous indignation that defeat was only because others were to ignorant to understand your wisdom.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:51 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
This is why I think we should have a political forum for grown ups only.
I'll second that.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:14 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
I'll second that.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/great-debates/

Not that any of you are any more grown-up than anyone else.

But there's your ticket out -- if it's really so terrible here, and if you think you can follow the rules there. I have my doubts.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
So the media should hold back after the election, to protect Barack, just like it did during the Presidential campaign.

Oh, cry me a river,

If a Democrat is elected into the Presidency - and a rumor of threat is in the air - it's really scary and appauling. If a Republican would have won this election; there would also be threats. How disgusting would that be?

I'm not going to take the time to investigate which Presidents had the most threats against them.
You don't have to. The Secret Service has done the work for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections