Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 06:46 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,934,961 times

Advertisements

LOL gotta admit that rumor I heard about a few of the regulars on this forum applying for jobs in the administration has me a little worried. Well, some of them don't have me worried. Walidm would make a great secretary of state if Hiillary doesn't want the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 08:54 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Why can't everyone just give Obama a chance before nailing the man to the cross? My goodness, he hasn't even been sworn in and so many of you are acting like he has been President for the past 4 years. I say give him a chance and let's see what he does. He might surprise many of us. I hope so anyway!
I hope you are right but my topic did say it was just "rumor"... I am hoping the rumors are wrong.. otherwise I think we are heading into one of the most severe depression ever if these people are put in those positions and at the same time ignoring most of our laws based on what we "feel" like Napolitano... these are serious positions and I am very worried if these rumors turn out to be correct...

Old 11-15-2008, 10:47 AM

1,105 posts, read 2,732,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Look, not approving of his cabinet choices does not a wingnut make.
That's fine, except he hasn't made a single cabinet choice. It's like complaining about your Christmas gifts on December 15.

Moreover, the complaints seem to be that there aren't these "new" change agents being put into Cabinet posts. But of course no one has provided any names. And maybe it's not such an awful thing, in some cases, to have people in the Cabinet who know how the federal government works. As an example, if your country is in the middle of two wars and has suffered a decline in international perception, maybe putting someone in there who's never worked in or with the Secretary of State's office isn't the greatest idea.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:49 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
He is surrounding himself with people from Felony Bill's term. It will be Clinton all over again, with a different face.
I hope OB turns out to be the greatest prez of all times, but it doesn't look good already...

Old 11-15-2008, 01:06 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Rumors are flying everywhere about possible people for cabinet positions. As I understood it, Obama said he would not accept lobbyist or people who "known" to work too closely with lobbyists. Then I hear that Clinton might be a candidate for secretary of state... excuse me? She is one of biggest of the corruptees who got paid tons of money by lobbyists as well as those who have contributed a lot to her campaign whom she still "owes". Then I hear Napolitano (sp?) as attorney general... I am not knowledgable about governors, particularly ones from another state but I remember Napolitano as a MAJOR (and by major, I mean HUGE) supporter of amensty of all illegal immigrants... do we want someone like that enforcing our laws? She enforces what she believes instead of what IS the law... I also hear Bill Richardson as a candidate for secretary of state... but I remember when he was running for pres. he was a guy who seem to say stuff he doesn't really believe in if you delve into his record... he says the opposite a lot... Doesn't it worry you about the candidates Obama is choosing? What happen to no lobbyist in these positions? What happened to enforcing our laws? Was Obama lying to win? I guess I have to wait and see who gets into what cabinets but these rumors are beginning to worry me...
Honestly - will the sore loser attitude from the Republicans ever end? They're only turning more independents against them - which is absolutely fine with me...

The people who are raising question after question after doubt after attack against Obama now are the small minority who will continue to do this each and every day for the next 8 years...

In my opinion they are small-potatoes - and will have no impact whatsoever on national policy.... they can very safely be completely and totally ignored in the arena of political debate... Let them stew in their hatred - they deserve it...

Actually, it's fun to watch them and the Republican party just continue to completely implode upon itself.... By 2012 - I wonder if they won't be staring down another round of huge losses in the national elections... One can only hope...

Old 11-15-2008, 02:10 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff2v View Post
That's fine, except he hasn't made a single cabinet choice. It's like complaining about your Christmas gifts on December 15.

Moreover, the complaints seem to be that there aren't these "new" change agents being put into Cabinet posts. But of course no one has provided any names. And maybe it's not such an awful thing, in some cases, to have people in the Cabinet who know how the federal government works. As an example, if your country is in the middle of two wars and has suffered a decline in international perception, maybe putting someone in there who's never worked in or with the Secretary of State's office isn't the greatest idea.
The only newbie in DC will be Obama. The rest will be seasoned corrupt scoundrels with their hands out. It will be fun in a real sad sort of way to see the new batch or corruption scandals over the next 4 years. You guys just don't get it. The party of power is also the party of corruption. During their time in the spotlight the other party puts on their masks of innocence and incessantly complain like they are shocked at the corruption. Then the sheep finally get tired of the corruption and like sheep do they vote for the other party so we can continue in the cycle of political corruption. Keep it up sheep!

Old 11-15-2008, 02:15 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,848,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
From what I read earlier, he has offered the SoS position to HRC.
You need to remember that Obama is the ultimate opportunist, if it's good for him, everything/everyone else be damned.
So he and HRC will be a good match then since she is the same way. *sigh*

Old 11-15-2008, 02:27 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,411,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
blah blah blah hate hate smear smear

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

This poster has the audacity to accuse hate and smear tactics. It's the stock and trade of leftists who have no grip on reality.

Old 11-15-2008, 02:42 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,732,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
The only newbie in DC will be Obama. The rest will be seasoned corrupt scoundrels with their hands out. It will be fun in a real sad sort of way to see the new batch or corruption scandals over the next 4 years. You guys just don't get it. The party of power is also the party of corruption. During their time in the spotlight the other party puts on their masks of innocence and incessantly complain like they are shocked at the corruption. Then the sheep finally get tired of the corruption and like sheep do they vote for the other party so we can continue in the cycle of political corruption. Keep it up sheep!
Well, that's certainly a powerful solution you've put forth.

Old 11-15-2008, 02:46 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
I'm not worried at all. I'm enthusiastic and hopefull and looking forward to January 20.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections