Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 08:16 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times

Advertisements

Rumors are flying everywhere about possible people for cabinet positions. As I understood it, Obama said he would not accept lobbyist or people who "known" to work too closely with lobbyists. Then I hear that Clinton might be a candidate for secretary of state... excuse me? She is one of biggest of the corruptees who got paid tons of money by lobbyists as well as those who have contributed a lot to her campaign whom she still "owes". Then I hear Napolitano (sp?) as attorney general... I am not knowledgable about governors, particularly ones from another state but I remember Napolitano as a MAJOR (and by major, I mean HUGE) supporter of amensty of all illegal immigrants... do we want someone like that enforcing our laws? She enforces what she believes instead of what IS the law... I also hear Bill Richardson as a candidate for secretary of state... but I remember when he was running for pres. he was a guy who seem to say stuff he doesn't really believe in if you delve into his record... he says the opposite a lot... Doesn't it worry you about the candidates Obama is choosing? What happen to no lobbyist in these positions? What happened to enforcing our laws? Was Obama lying to win? I guess I have to wait and see who gets into what cabinets but these rumors are beginning to worry me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 08:20 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,392,304 times
From what I read earlier, he has offered the SoS position to HRC.
You need to remember that Obama is the ultimate opportunist, if it's good for him, everything/everyone else be damned.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:30 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
Yeah, but he said that BEFORE he was elected. Now he has won and all bets are off!

Old 11-14-2008, 08:34 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Yes he lied and it is only going to get worse.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:35 PM

972 posts, read 1,331,050 times
blah blah blah hate hate smear smear

Old 11-14-2008, 08:36 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,756 times
Oh well.
Actually I sort of feel sorry for the guy....He (Pres. Elect Obama) is now REALLY looking face to face with all the "oh S--T" reality surge stuff that WE in the military are pretty accustomed to by now...(but Obama not having the benefit of prior service will be clueless even on that "front" too)..
Yea, he's stuck. He may actually BE a "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" type of character....honestly TRYING to produce REAL CHANGE....(and we are ALL assuming here that He will stick to his words, and that it was NOT all just more flowery lip-service)...but once he gets there....he's going to be up S--T creek...He has NOT been in Congress long enough to really SEE anything...and the way things REALLY work in the Beltway.....It may all come as a bit of a surprise to him.....

...God...help the guy...really.....

Old 11-14-2008, 08:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
His biggest lie was "change".

It's clear it's only going to be a lot more of the same.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:40 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,424,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Yeah, but he said that BEFORE he was elected. Now he has won and all bets are off!
Seems recently alot of "hush , hush" over his interviews with potential cabinet members... Does seem off the way Clinton and Obama slammed each other for many months, and now she may be on his cabinet...I just have a bad feeling in regards to Clinton...prove me wrong...

Old 11-14-2008, 08:40 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,429 times
He's a big fat liar! And he stinks as a President, too. I know he hasn't started yet, but I can tell.

And he stutters and can't talk without a teleprompter. He's so stupid!

And his family is ugly!

Have I covered it all, wingnuts?

Old 11-14-2008, 08:45 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,392,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
He's a big fat liar! And he stinks as a President, too. I know he hasn't started yet, but I can tell.

And he stutters and can't talk without a teleprompter. He's so stupid!

And his family is ugly!

Have I covered it all, wingnuts?

I believe you have just begun to scratch the surface.

We will check back with you in a few years and see what tune you'll be singing then. You know, like Rev. Wright says, "after the chickens have come home to roost."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections