Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 05:04 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times

Advertisements

not a very good comeback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Generic? Unbelievable...

Old 11-17-2008, 05:08 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
Please refrain from going off topic about posters and grammatical/spelling errors.
And now a word from our sponsor.......

YouTube - Bambi -Do-re-mi (Doe a deer)

Old 11-17-2008, 05:13 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,495,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Hmmm...I may be going out on a limb here, but I'd venture to guess that all those factory workers in Michigan and Ohio, who've been laid off through no fault of their own in recent months, are worried less about losing their (most likely non-existent) satellite packages and gourmet coffee fixes, and are more worried about how to explain to their children that Christmas will suck this year (no, Santa's not skipping their house because they were bad kids), while at the same time, worrying about how to pay next month's heating bill and how to provide three squares a day for their children over the coming months, until they're able to find new, gainful employment.

Grow up and learn to be just a little compassionate, will ya? Or, if you can't handle that, maybe you could give *some* people the benefit of the doubt, and not assume that everyone's financial worries of late are limited to losing mall-shopping privileges and other non-essential indulgences.

No fault of their own? OK, maybe they should put the blame where it belongs........THE GD UNIONS. They wanted them, they got them and NOW they are u-n-e-m-p-l-o-y-e-d. They thought they were high on the hog until cheaper competition moved in.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:28 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,292,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I didn't watch. both of them are so incredibly disgusting, I was afraid my dinner would come up. how's that for topic?
If the shear thought of them makes you so ill, why do you troll every post to find one about them and then respond? Is that just loneliness or are those that feel like you just sadistic?

Old 11-17-2008, 05:29 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
thank god. I have had trouble sleeping recently. hearing political campaign promises might be the cure.

Lol true but I find him smarter than most and not a Nancy Pelosi lala land out of touch with reality useless career politician.

He and his wife are 100% self made which is rare if unheard of in that sewer of Washington.

As of now though bit early to tell he seems his own man and he thinks outside the box.

However I suggest from 8pm to 9pm "Little people big world" on TLC than time for bed.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:29 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
If the shear thought of them makes you so ill, why do you troll every post to find one about them and then respond? Is that just loneliness or are those that feel like you just sadistic?
Because people like to feign all sorts of emotions online, to make themselves feel better and to impress others.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:52 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Gee, at least he and his monstrosity won't hold up the WS tonight and SNF won't be rescheduled. This guy has an ego a mile wide, I bet soon the masses will have DumbBo fatigue.

Let it air in Germany to his Hitler Youth minions, we don't want to watch the idiot boy.
So you speak for everyone when you say 'we don't want to watch...'?

Do you seriously think anyone except for a few mental defectives and potential serial killers take your rantings (or you for that matter) seriously??

I mean, really - give me a break man!!

Forgot to mention - you calling Obama Dumbo and his wife 'his monstrosity' is a very clear indication that racism is alive and well in the U.S.

How long have you been a blatant card-carrying racist??? Did you learn that from your parents?? Were they racists too? Are you by any chance from the South?

Old 11-17-2008, 05:55 PM

perhaps you should read what I was responding to. we had a little wanna be moderator, so I made that statement. truth be told, all politicians make me ill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post

Old 11-17-2008, 05:58 PM

come on now. by making that statement, you yourself are buying into stereotypes. first of all, calling someone dumbo has nothing to do with racism. a racist to me is someone who believes that they belong to a superior race. as far as the south comment, the biggest racists I have met have been from NY and PA. not the cities mind you, but the rural areas. there aren't any other races in the rural areas of those states. at least in the south, races coexist in rural areas. you'd be surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
So you speak for everyone when you say 'we don't want to watch...'?

Do you seriously think anyone except for a few mental defectives and potential serial killers take your rantings (or you for that matter) seriously??

I mean, really - give me a break man!!

Forgot to mention - you calling Obama Dumbo and his wife 'his monstrosity' is a very clear indication that racism is alive and well in the U.S.

How long have you been a blatant card-carrying racist??? Did you learn that from your parents?? Were they racists too? Are you by any chance from the South?

Old 11-17-2008, 06:04 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,185 times
Quote:
come on now. by making that statement, you yourself are buying into stereotypes. first of all, calling someone dumbo has nothing to do with racism. a racist to me is someone who believes that they belong to a superior race. as far as the south comment, the biggest racists I have met have been from NY and PA. not the cities mind you, but the rural areas. there aren't any other races in the rural areas of those states. at least in the south, races coexist in rural areas. you'd be surprised.
I disagree...

Calling Obama 'Dumbo' and his wife 'A Monstrocity' can only be explained if there is seething racism... I'm not stereotyping - I'm reacting to a disgusting comment the poster made - I didn't put those words in his mouth - he did...

I never heard anything so disgusting and disrespectful - not even against the Clintons - and they were the target of a lot of hateful idiots.

I'd bet my last dollar that the poster hates blacks... and that is NOT stereotyping.

And yes, there is racism in the north - but not as bad as I've heard in Alabama, Missisippi, Tennessee...

I mean, when is the last time you heard of a Ku Klux Klan ceremony and cross burning in the north??? You hear about that ocassionally in the south... And when the KKK is stupid enough to have a march in the streets in the north - they end up running in fear of their life from the crowd of angry people ready to take them on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections