Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2008, 11:37 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
lol. racist white trash? still playing the race card this far after the election? both parties are the exact same. you will learn that one day. political parties aren't racist, people are.
right people are but when your party use racist strategies it makes your party racist. just like the southern conservative democrats before LBJ who rejected some of his policies with civil rghts

Old 11-18-2008, 11:38 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I beg to differ, the thread title was quoted from the article ...

Got that mirror?
So do you disagree with the article?

Old 11-18-2008, 11:38 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am neither uneducated, Black or trash. I am also a Democrat the supported and voted for President elect Obama. I think the Republicans pander to the most frightened and uninformed of the white voter population because there just are not enough Ivy League highly educated well established wealthy aristocrats to carry an election.
true they've been pandering to southerners since the late 60's using the southern strategy..

Old 11-18-2008, 11:46 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
right people are but when your party use racist strategies it makes your party racist. just like the southern conservative democrats before LBJ who rejected some of his policies with civil rghts
In 1964 those old boys found a new home with the more congenial GOP, and have stayed there comfortably ever since - see this "Changing Political Map" with the slider - through the years.

BBC NEWS | Americas | US Elections 2008 | Who will win the electoral college?

Old 11-18-2008, 11:50 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,846,925 times
did you honestly just post something from the BBC as though that is a viable news source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
In 1964 those old boys found a new home with the more congenial GOP, and have stayed there comfortably ever since - see this "Changing Political Map" with the slider - through the years.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:51 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,846,925 times
I didn't know there was such thing as an independent party.

Quote:

Old 11-18-2008, 11:53 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,947,387 times
Let me, once again, point out the obvious. Those who attended the McCain/Palin rallies were amazingly similar in their physical characteristics. Very, very little diversity. That can't be denied and signifies a HUGE problem for the Republicans that they need to find a way to rectify if they are going to win elections. That's the big picture.

Knowing that they have painted themselves into a corner, they are reaching out to the extreme evangelicals and radical gun-toting uneducated types ( I think "white trash" is a racial term) in a desperate attempt to expand their base and gain some traction again. That is the point the article made, and a very valid one, IMO.

Of course, there are many well educated voters who will always vote Republican and did so, but the message from the right is what has changed. Drill, Baby, Drill, pit bull in lipstick, Joe the plumber, Tito the builder, Joe six-pack, "pro-America" rural areas, and "the fundamentals of our economy are strong" themes were obviously not put forth to entice the more enlightened members of our society.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:54 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,154,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I agree with palin in regards to Pork and earmarks.
Who is hurting our autistic children?
AMA?
CDC?
They have both finally admitted that yes some children are harmed by imunizations.....
My child is one of them.
I know your pain. My perfect child is now damaged because of immunizations.
Would you mind please posting your child's story in the Special Needs forum? I am very concerned about the whole vaccine-autism possible link,as I have a toddler w/ Cerebral Palsy,who is behind on his immunizations. The last time he got shots,he was a VERY sick little guy for 3 DAYS!!

(Sorry for going OT)

Old 11-18-2008, 12:03 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,581,431 times
Quote:
The only ones talking about race were the Dems.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:17 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
did you honestly just post something from the BBC as though that is a viable news source?
Do you honestly disagree with the map? The one that says "Click and drag the slider to see past election results."

(You can find the same results any old xenophobic where, just FYI. Doesnt have to be the BBC.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections