Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2008, 10:35 PM

972 posts, read 1,330,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
I'm leaning towards "it's fake". I have been a member on Zogby for a long time, and I have never seen them phrase questions that way.

The only place I can find it is on a very few nutter blogs and whyobamawon.com, none of which link to Zogby. Which is a HUGE red flag. They have the info, but no link to Zogby.

Did either of the Gorgons mention what station it was on?
I think its a fake as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 10:35 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,494,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
Every place has their off things. Of course, but in general, I have found people in the rust belt to be better educated than people in the south.

Doubtful but if you say so, tell all the untruths you like.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:44 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,468,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
I'm leaning towards "it's fake". I have been a member on Zogby for a long time, and I have never seen them phrase questions that way.

The only place I can find it is on a very few nutter blogs and whyobamawon.com, none of which link to Zogby. Which is a HUGE red flag. They have the info, but no link to Zogby.

Did either of the Gorgons mention what station it was on?
Adding to my suspicion is that at least one person says the poll will be released tomorrow which makes me wonder how the website the OP references got the poll results today? That's like saying, "Tickets on sale tomorrow" while someone is standing there with tickets in hand. And if, for example, the OP's reference is 'special' and got early access to the information, I'd be inclined to think Zogby would retain all rights and prohibit the early release of poll data (it is, after all, their "bread and butter").

Old 11-17-2008, 10:52 PM

Terrific, any bets the numbers aren't skewed? Most large cities aren't exactly bastions of intelligence save the universities. Go to the standard ghetto dweller and you might be lucky to find a half dozen of them per block that can count to 6 using fingers and toes.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:53 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Adding to my suspicion is that at least one person says the poll will be released tomorrow which makes me wonder how the website the OP references got the poll results today? That's like saying, "Tickets on sale tomorrow" while someone is standing there with tickets in hand. And if, for example, the OP's reference is 'special' and got early access to the information, I'd be inclined to think Zogby would retain all rights and prohibit the early release of poll data (it is, after all, their "bread and butter").
Totally agree.

I subscribe to Zogby's RSS feed, so I will know right away, if it comes out "tomorrow", as is claimed.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:54 PM

972 posts, read 1,330,852 times
now I remember why I had you on ignore... back ya go there buddy! ~ ciao

This message is hidden because Ironclad is on your ignore list.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
now I remember why I had you on ignore... back ya go there buddy! ~ ciao

This message is hidden because Ironclad is on your ignore list.
When defeated stickum head in sandum.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:00 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,639,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
When defeated stickum head in sandum.
Well, yes. I can see how that would be your motto.

When faced with statistics that are distasteful to you, pretend they are not real and attack the poor.

Very classy.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:01 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,154,869 times
OH MY FREAKING GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!Why in goodness name is ANYONE even debating this rubbish???? Just LOOK at the supposed "questions"!!!!!!!!!

NO pollster worth their salt would use such obviously biased,BS polls. Is this entire thread a JOKE?????
DO YOU GUYS HEAR ME SCREAMING AT MY COMPUTER?!?!???!!?!?!?

Good grief. This forum is way beyond belief.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post
Well, yes. I can see how that would be your motto.

When faced with statistics that are distasteful to you, pretend they are not real and attack the poor.

Very classy.

Not attacking the poor at all, just looking at his numbers REALISTICALLY. In short, they don't hold up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections