U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 01:12 PM

1,965 posts, read 2,425,741 times

Advertisements

During her interview with Greta Van Susteren last week, Sarah Palin said that she was going to call Hillary Clinton the next day to tell her, "More power to ya!"

<<pause to reflect upon the oddness of Palin's statement>>

I wonder if she ever did actually call Hillary, or if this is just another weird Sarah moment, where she had to come up with something to say on the spot, and just blurted something random?

If she did make that phone call, I wonder how strange a conversation it was? It would've been interesting, to say the least. An intelligent, articulate Senator trying to decipher the incoherent babblings of that ditz. Poor Hillary. It would probably be similar to when your friend puts her three-year-old child on the phone to speak with you...the child doesn't make much sense, and you don't really know what to say, so after a minute you ask, "Ok, can you give the phone back to Mommy for me?"

Last edited by Politico; 11-18-2008 at 02:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 01:24 PM

4,102 posts, read 7,367,249 times
Maybe she was wishing her luck on her second trip to the summit of Mount Everest. She can see Nepal from her house, after all.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:28 PM

16,284 posts, read 9,121,777 times
maybe it was a rhetorical comment?

Old 11-18-2008, 02:13 PM

7,475 posts, read 20,217,107 times
You people don't get it..! All of the politicians are friends. After the elections are over, they get along fine. It's all a game to them. It's the dummies in CD who fail to realize it's over.
The politicians need each other, or will at some point, so they put agendas behind them, and get along. The people in this web site should learn to do the same..
It's like going to a ball game. The dummies in the stands are getting in fights and insulting those who are for the other side, and the players are good friends who go out and party together after the game. Only the bystanders are doing the fighting, not the participators.
Wise up and be nice...

Old 11-18-2008, 02:29 PM

87,016 posts, read 102,649,686 times
They're all friendly, but I don't think they're all friends. I doubt even Hillary had heard of Sarah more than in passing until she was nominated. I hope Hillary uses her caller ID to screen calls.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:31 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,239,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Maybe she was wishing her luck on her second trip to the summit of Mount Everest. She can see Nepal from her house, after all.
Aww you are one of the people who have no idea that Palin never said that. Read the poll thread of the misinformed. Tina said it but not Palin.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
You people don't get it..! All of the politicians are friends. After the elections are over, they get along fine. It's all a game to them. It's the dummies in CD who fail to realize it's over.
The politicians need each other, or will at some point, so they put agendas behind them, and get along. The people in this web site should learn to do the same..
It's like going to a ball game. The dummies in the stands are getting in fights and insulting those who are for the other side, and the players are good friends who go out and party together after the game. Only the bystanders are doing the fighting, not the participators.
Wise up and be nice...
Are you kidding?

Haha, ok, I get it...you're kidding. Funny. At first, I thought you seriously were under the impression that politicians are all friends and all get along just fine.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:52 PM

7,208 posts, read 8,383,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Aww you are one of the people who have no idea that Palin never said that. Read the poll thread of the misinformed. Tina said it but not Palin.

Quote:
When talking about what she says is her foreign policy experience, Sarah Palin told ABC news “…you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.”
Anderson Cooper 360: Blog Archive - You CAN see Russia from here! - Blogs from CNN.com

Old 11-18-2008, 03:01 PM

5,527 posts, read 8,971,559 times
Hillary would probably say "Just stay away from my husband and we are cool."

Old 11-18-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Hillary would probably say "Just stay away from my husband and we are cool."
To which, Sarah would undoubtedly reply, "You betcha!" <wink wink>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or