Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 04:56 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times

Advertisements

nothing has changed in roughly 100 years. we have been in steady decline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
It's change we can believe in baby!!! Go Obama political appointees and their new hires!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 04:58 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
nothing has changed in roughly 100 years. we have been in steady decline.
I totally disagree. Like Reagan said - 'Our best years are ahead of us'.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:03 PM

yeah, pretty soon we will get 20% of our income. but at least the children will have food! we have been infringing on rights and dictating rights forever. I don't really like being told what to do. I don't really like having to run everything I do by federal and local governments. perhaps you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
I totally disagree. Like Reagan said - 'Our best years are ahead of us'.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:05 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times
Normie I hope you have an awesome time! Please try to bring us back some pics!!
As for the whiner,the ignore button is SO easy to use!!

Old 11-20-2008, 05:15 PM

so use it rather than commenting. there is a huge difference in whining, and making fun of how bad traffic is going to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Normie I hope you have an awesome time! Please try to bring us back some pics!!
As for the whiner,the ignore button is SO easy to use!!

Old 11-20-2008, 05:19 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Well, Metro is used to dealing with crowds. They have inaugurations and other major events in DC all the time. And it's a PITA, but you just get into the spirit of it and it's ok. Clinton's inauguration resulted in 811,000 riders. (Interestingly, ridership has been even higher than that this year simply due to the high price of gas. They had an all-time record ridership of more than 854,000 just this July for no reason except the cost of gas.)

I think it will be a long evening, but not a nightmare. I'll let you know the next morning. Of course, if you don't see a post from me.... well, it might be safe to assume I'm still waiting for a train.
Or the Fourth of July...

Old 11-20-2008, 05:21 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
Damn, I better get started on those hotel reservations!

I'll be watching on tv, from the comfort of my home. I'll also TIVO the event and hours leading up to it. I didn't vote for Obama, but wow, this is an historic occasion that shouldn't be missed.

Personally, I like the guy very much. I disagree with some of the things he campaigned on, but I actually believe he'll be more of a centrist than people think.

Plus, there's that whole charisma thing, and if Al Qaeda hates him (as came out in the news today), he can't be all bad.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:25 PM

you got the idea. all these people going to DC for it are crazy. DC can't handle the 5 million that already live in the area. double the size of the metro and it is a recipe for disaster!!! I won't watch it at all. I have never watched a presidential get sworn in before, I will not start now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I'll be watching on tv, from the comfort of my home. I'll also TIVO the event and hours leading up to it. I didn't vote for Obama, but wow, this is an historic occasion that shouldn't be missed.

Personally, I like the guy very much. I disagree with some of the things he campaigned on, but I actually believe he'll be more of a centrist than people think.

Plus, there's that whole charisma thing, and if Al Qaeda hates him (as came out in the news today), he can't be all bad.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:28 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,836 times
Oh get over it.

Whine, whine, whine about traffic, and whatever else you can come up with.

You aren't GOING, why do you care so much?

Old 11-20-2008, 05:31 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
so use it rather than commenting. .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections