U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 08:06 PM

5,029 posts, read 5,406,004 times

Advertisements

Just listened to most of the interview by Terri Gross. Ayers is an impressive guy. I would say his activities taken to stop the Vietnam War were heroic. He's an intelligent, compassionate, and interesting man.

The extreme right should be doubly ashamed of itself. First, for having demonized the man. And second for having tried to tar Obama by his very remote relationship with the man, and for practicing disgusting Swiftboat tactics in order to win.

I sincerely hope we get a decent GOP out of this election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 08:33 PM

23,709 posts, read 16,021,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Just listened to most of the interview by Terri Gross. Ayers is an impressive guy. I would say his activities taken to stop the Vietnam War were heroic. He's an intelligent, compassionate, and interesting man.

The extreme right should be doubly ashamed of itself. First, for having demonized the man. And second for having tried to tar Obama by his very remote relationship with the man, and for practicing disgusting Swiftboat tactics in order to win.

I sincerely hope we get a decent GOP out of this election.
Be prepared for negative feedback. When Bill Ayers' name was being thrown around everyday during the campaign, I posted that he was a hero to many people during the Viet Nam era. I was a young teen, but I remember that time well and even participated in some protest marches. People just do not get it if they were not there or old enough to remember. The war then was not hidden from the mainstream by the media as Iraq is now. The response to my post was vicious, and of course all the people posting negatively were repeating the right wing talking points.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:49 PM

23,896 posts, read 17,582,241 times
Quote:

The extreme right should be doubly ashamed of itself.
yeah. heaven forbid that anyone who speaks against a terrorist who suddenly adopted a no-kill strategy after the bomb his girlfriend was building blew up herself and 2 terrorist pals, rather than the intended parties at a fort dix dance, should be holding that against him.

what a fine, flag-stomping unrepentant terrorist American is mr. bill. it's just a pity he couldn't have 'done more.'

Old 11-18-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Ayers is an impressive guy. I would say his activities taken to stop the Vietnam War were heroic.
which of his terrorist acts do you find 'heroic'? bombing the pentagon? the capitol building? the NYPD? do tell.

if tim mcveigh had decided to bomb the pentagon, rather than the murrah buidling, would that have been equally 'heroic'?

and suppose tim's buddies had gone on to kill police officers - would that have been equally laudable?

just curious. not to mention disgusted.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Be prepared for negative feedback. When Bill Ayers' name was being thrown around everyday during the campaign, I posted that he was a hero to many people during the Viet Nam era. I was a young teen, but I remember that time well and even participated in some protest marches. People just do not get it if they were not there or old enough to remember. The war then was not hidden from the mainstream by the media as Iraq is now. The response to my post was vicious, and of course all the people posting negatively were repeating the right wing talking points.

poor baby. people didn't find it amusing that you praised cop-killing terrorists?

what wicked, evil folks.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:28 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,690,078 times
Ayers is no hero he is a disgusting anti-American and should be in Prison...........
His little wife too.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Ayers is no hero he is a disgusting anti-American and should be in Prison...........
His little wife too.
would this be the same wife who was a big fan of charles manson, and invented the 'fork salute' in honor of the manson maniacs sticking a fork into sharon tate's pregnant belly, and is now a respected member of academia?

good effin' grief.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
would this be the same wife who was a big fan of charles manson, and invented the 'fork salute' in honor of the manson maniacs sticking a fork into sharon tate's pregnant belly, and is now a respected member of academia?

Good effin' grief.
yes...................

Old 11-18-2008, 09:37 PM

23,709 posts, read 16,021,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
which of his terrorist acts do you find 'heroic'? bombing the pentagon? the capitol building? the NYPD? do tell.

if tim mcveigh had decided to bomb the pentagon, rather than the murrah buidling, would that have been equally 'heroic'?

and suppose tim's buddies had gone on to kill police officers - would that have been equally laudable?

just curious. not to mention disgusted.
Why don't you take alook at some pictures of the Vietnamese kids being hit with napalm?

Old 11-18-2008, 09:38 PM

Also Ayers said on 9/11 he wished he would have done more. He also has said on camera that he does not hide how he feels and has never hid it.
He is just worried now about his job in the teaching sector and is trying to deflect the anger that parents have about him being around impressionable minds at college.
He is on a board I would have to look it up and some are calling for him to resign...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections