Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 11:26 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,583,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
The same Demmies who broke into our Plumber friend's records (and thought there was nothing wrong with it) now want blood that Obama's records were compromised. Another liberal double-standard. Next story.
Was Joe with Verizon???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 12:57 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,120,582 times
This is not as big a deal as is being made of it. Any customer facing employee can access any cusomer's account detail, but all they can really see are phone numbers incoming or outgoing, not email content or call information. Although someone's call detail could be informative, it is not as much information as hacking into someone's email account.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:31 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,416,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Oh nooooooo..... now they have proof of my secret phone calls to him last month when I wanted to know if it was true that "no one's as Irish as Barack O'bama!"
Lol

Old 11-21-2008, 01:37 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,532,718 times
why should we care? Did he care when Palin's comp. was hacked by a son of a Dem. "NO"....so I don't care

Old 11-21-2008, 01:43 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,590,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Palin is nothing. Obama is the President elect....leave it to a righty not to know the difference

Besides , what would anyone learn from listening to Palin's phone call? How much some repub contributor paid for Sara's Gucci purse????
Obama is a citizen who holds an elected office. He is not special in his rights as a citizen. Probably hard to admit for a person who worships him though.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
why should we care? Did he care when Palin's comp. was hacked by a son of a Dem. "NO"....so I don't care
Neener, neener, neener.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:43 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,616,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
The same Demmies who broke into our Plumber friend's records (and thought there was nothing wrong with it) now want blood that Obama's records were compromised. Another liberal double-standard. Next story.
No one 'broke into' anything. The employees who work for the company were probably curious and looked in on his account. I used to work for a bank that had accounts with several famous sports players that had the same problem.

Since I work for the company in question and I'm familiar with the software they use to track billing details, I can tell you that there's not much personal info employees can access anyway. And no, I did not look in his account. Billing address, the last four of his SSN (provided it was in his name and not under someone else's account or a government/company account), incoming/outgoing call date, time and length, and date and time of text and picture messages (but not the content of those messages) and information on music he might have downloaded for ringtones and such.

Even if he did have a Blackberry, those emails aren't stored on Verizon's servers so they wouldn't have been able to access them anyway. They're stored on the servers either at Research in Motion (the company that makes the BB) or the company that provides the email access if they have Exchange/Domino or a Blackberry Enterprise Server.

Also, I haven't heard any Democrats crying for blood. Verizon took it upon themselves to dicipline the employees, which they should because the company has a policy about not opening peoples' accounts without reason. The software they use tracks the employee ID and name of anyone who opens the account, and I'm sure I'll be hearing about this when I get back to work on Sunday.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:58 PM
NCN

21,661 posts, read 25,497,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Palin is nothing. Obama is the President elect....leave it to a righty not to know the difference

Besides , what would anyone learn from listening to Palin's phone call? How much some repub contributor paid for Sara's Gucci purse????

Palin is the Governor of Alaska and was the Republican candidate for Vice President. She would be the first person to tell you that gives her no special privileges as a citizen of the United States. That is one of the reasons I like her. She doesn't think she is better than other people just because she has a more important job than some of us.

Obama just has a different job and is responsible for obeying the laws of our country just like any of the rest of us. The problem with you and some of the Obama supporters is that you somehow think he is above the law. That is unAmerican.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
No one 'broke into' anything. The employees who work for the company were probably curious and looked in on his account. I used to work for a bank that had accounts with several famous sports players that had the same problem.

Since I work for the company in question and I'm familiar with the software they use to track billing details, I can tell you that there's not much personal info employees can access anyway. And no, I did not look in his account. Billing address, the last four of his SSN (provided it was in his name and not under someone else's account or a government/company account), incoming/outgoing call date, time and length, and date and time of text and picture messages (but not the content of those messages) and information on music he might have downloaded for ringtones and such.

Even if he did have a Blackberry, those emails aren't stored on Verizon's servers so they wouldn't have been able to access them anyway. They're stored on the servers either at Research in Motion (the company that makes the BB) or the company that provides the email access if they have Exchange/Domino or a Blackberry Enterprise Server.

Also, I haven't heard any Democrats crying for blood. Verizon took it upon themselves to dicipline the employees, which they should because the company has a policy about not opening peoples' accounts without reason. The software they use tracks the employee ID and name of anyone who opens the account, and I'm sure I'll be hearing about this when I get back to work on Sunday.
Verizon fired them.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Last edited by PG77; 11-21-2008 at 05:19 PM.. Reason: added link

Old 11-21-2008, 05:21 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,616,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Doesn't surprise me. That's what I figured they'd do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections