Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 08:36 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I agree. Bush is responsible for everything in the last 8 years but 8 years comes to a halt on Jan 21, and from that point on Obama is responsible. He might not get us out of the recession for a month or two as we are into it already a month and there will be another 2 months. 3 months of this recession is Bush's but we can give 2 more months after that to Bush, and say Obama's blame starts toward the end of March.
God, what's it like living in a world of blame this and blame that? A blame calendar, are you kidding me?

Obama will be responsible for cleaning up Bush's mess starting Jan. 21, in addition to all the other things he has to do, but the problems the Bush admin and Bush policies caused will take a long time to clean up. Thank goodness he's putting together his new smart, committed teams now, so they know what they'll be doing and can hit the ground running.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 08:45 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,211 times
Hannity is an idiot who caters to other idiots who just love to listen to themselves talk. That's OK with me as I never watch his show. If they all want to gather around in one big circle of self delusion that is their problem.

However, my 401k took a dive under the GWB administration. If I run into some idiot who wants to tell me to my face that (a) we are not in a recession right now and (b) it's all Obama's fault, I'm going to come out blasting with both barrels and it won't be pretty.

After 8 long years of sheer incompetence, outright negligence, arrogance, failed ideology, lies, etc I have no patience left to humor fools. My patience meter is about pegged out.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:49 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,429 times
Quote:
I agree. Bush is responsible for everything in the last 8 years but 8 years comes to a halt on Jan 21, and from that point on Obama is responsible. He might not get us out of the recession for a month or two as we are into it already a month and there will be another 2 months. 3 months of this recession is Bush's but we can give 2 more months after that to Bush, and say Obama's blame starts toward the end of March.
Clinton got blamed for 9/11. That was 8 months. Shouldn't Bush get at least that much of a honeymoon?

I'm with Delusianne. This blame stuff is dumb. And the economy has been trashed for the entire Bush presidency. He robbed us and our future by deficit spending like no President ever. That's how he kept making the economy look decent. Think about it - how long could you appear to be rich if you could overdraw your bank account by trillions of dollars? That's what he did. Without that spending, the recession would have been official years ago.

Bush is an evil and psychopathic monster who deserves to be imprisoned for the rest of his life. Either that or he could get off with a "stupidity defense" and blame his evil and psychopathic advisors.

It will be years before we return to normalcy under Democratic rule. Of course, the GOP will be blaming the Dems the minute they take over and everything isn't perfect.

PS - to be clear, the "blame stuff" I referred to above was the pre-emptive blame for the recession before Obama takes office. I'm all for blame where it is deserved - GWB and the conservative policies he (and Clinton) implemented.

Last edited by idahogie; 11-21-2008 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: added postscript

Old 11-22-2008, 06:54 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I guess the recession is like Herpes- once you touch it, you own it.

At least us "dumbocrats" or whatever it is that Loonzianne and Sanwrong like to call us know where the problems really began.
It's a lot more than just us who know where the problems really began - they began all the way back in 1999 with Clinton - but were greatly made worse by Bush's blanket deregulation attitude towards business...

Both parties share blame - but the Republicans own more of the blame because they were in total control from 2001-2006 - a time when the economic problems were apparent to everyone - and they only made matters far far worse.

Obama will clean this mess up - but it will take our support and two terms as president...

Old 11-22-2008, 07:09 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,480,601 times
Quote:
Bush is an evil and psychopathic monster who deserves to be imprisoned for the rest of his life. Either that or he could get off with a "stupidity defense" and blame his evil and psychopathic advisors.
I'd go with the "stupidity defense" and his awful advisors myself, but that's neither here nor there right now. Except for Robert Gates he has a knack for choosing the worst people.

This took me back to 2000, right after Bush was declared the winner. The economy was slowing down, and Rush limbaugh went after some far left columnnist for calling the slowdown, the "Bush Recession" And now the returns were barely in and they're both calling this the Obama recession? Hacks, all of them. It's pathetic to listen to, really.

I'm so glad I don't listen to these guys anymore. My life is so much more pleasant--I actually feel my brain cells growing back. It's nice.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:10 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
I've seen some of them blame Clinton for the current situation.

It's pathetic. They will blame everyone but their scared little selves.
And who are you blaming, Guero?

Old 11-22-2008, 07:13 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,480,601 times
Quote:
Originally posted by malamute
I wouldn't keep that strict of a timetable. But I'll withhold judgment for a while. It took three years for the economy to pick up under Reagan and three under Roosevelt. (though we still hobbled along under FDR) So I'll give him a couple years at least.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:13 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post

It will be years before we return to normalcy under Democratic rule. Of course, the GOP will be blaming the Dems the minute they take over and everything isn't perfect.
There's really a very easy solution for this one...

Vote even more Republicans out of office in 2010!!!

I'm sure the country will not tolerate the obstructionist tactics they have deployed for the past 2 years - the situation is too serious to allow that to happen...

They will just anger more and more Americans, and more and more of them will be sent packing in 2010.... They really risk giving the Democrats a veto-proof majority in BOTH houses if they try that crap again...

Old 11-22-2008, 10:43 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Actually we've probably been in a Recession for the last 6 months - even though the numbers don't show it yet. Typically what happens in ANY Recession is that as numbers are adjusted after the fact to reflect a refinement of the data as time goes on, it becomes apparent that we were at some point already in a Recession. Usually these revealing adjustments come out AFTER the recovery has already started - so in effect we are ALWAYS looking backwards about 6 months or so when it comes to determining the state of the economy. The real understanding of the numbers ALWAYS lags behind the reality.

Ken

Old 11-22-2008, 11:27 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Yeah, and the right wing supporters will buy into this. It's like a bully kicks the hell out of a victim and the guy that comes by to help get blamed for the crime. These people are so stupid that it is painful.
No sorry, I dont agree with you. I know who started this whole mess. Obama has inherited it nothing more.

It was started and propelled forward with 20 plus years of Republicans AND Democrats failing to secure the door with deregulation, and letting people get house loans who could never pay them back.

Scream all you want at me for the above statement but I do NOT Blame and WILL NOT Blame Obama for this mess............Oh and just to add. Obamma wasnt my guy. Mine lost and that I can accept at face value and STILL say Obama should not be blamed for this mess............He didnt do, he didnt make it but he certainly HAS to deal with it,,,,,,,,,so if the guy wants to smoke a cig or two during this mess.... you non smokers cut him some slack, he is gonna need it.............and the smokes too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections