Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 02:26 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times

Advertisements

I see noi new faces and didn't expect any. Obama needes all teh help he can get since he is pretty new to washingtonn ploitics. We saw what happened to Carter when he brought all those guys from georgia. He needs Hillary have a chance of getting anything done; because as she siad he doesn't have the executive experience .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 05:47 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,032,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Right! He'd be much better off appointing a bunch of recent college grads and other unexperienced people no one's ever heard of!

If he had a real job history he could pick from people he had direct experience with and hire the best of them.

Guess Bill Ayers and Rev Right...and Rezko have been vetted....so who does he have? That ding dong that said "when Obama rules"...she is the only one I know of that has "worked" with him that got a job in his new administration. She's brilliant! A gaffe machine in the embryo stage.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:25 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,782 times
What's interesting is the idea of Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State, considering that when it came to foreign policy, it was one of the areas Obama criticized her about when he was campaigning against her.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:56 PM

135 posts, read 224,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Obama is running on fear, certainly not experience. He needs his nannies around him to try to make a go of this fiasco. We will all be caught in the crossfire unfortunately. Unless these "insiders" can keep a tight leash on him and hold the country together til he is gone. Will we last til 2012?
Obama is running on fear????? Have you noticed the last 8 years? Did you notice the worst of McCain's ads, or Palin's speeches? Obama isn't Mr Clean himself, but i mean come on. Anyone that isn't blinded by unquestioning, unwavering party allegiances I think would notice pretty quick that at least compared to recent history, this isn't anything close to that. Bush, Rove, to a lesser extent, Palin, McCain... that is running on fear. I'm missing where in selecting his cabinet posts, he's turned down the dark road of fear mongering... enlighten me please.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:07 PM

135 posts, read 224,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
If he had a real job history he could pick from people he had direct experience with and hire the best of them.

Guess Bill Ayers and Rev Right...and Rezko have been vetted....so who does he have? That ding dong that said "when Obama rules"...she is the only one I know of that has "worked" with him that got a job in his new administration. She's brilliant! A gaffe machine in the embryo stage.
Wow, I'm continually amazed... So as a community organizer, he knew no one while reaching out and improving the community (except i guess for ayers right and rezko, as you imply)? As a Harvard student, and president of the law review, as a laywer (for a short time) he knew no one from academia? As a senator, he had no executive colleagues? I mean sure, he didn't work in the mailroom and work his way up to CEO of a company (which he would then be nailed for as only having commercial experience in 1 sector only even). He didn't hold 8 different political posts (for which he'd then be bashed as having no real world experience and being a career politician).

Should he have been military like McCain? There are only so many positions military minded personel can fill, by the way, unless I'm wrong and you meet tons of high up non-military people as a navy pilot. Should he have been a senator for 20+ years and gotten deeper into the politics as usual? Wouldn't that make it hard to change anything, or for anyone to believe you would change anything? Wait, I know, he should have been the mayor of a town that is a joke, in which everything is federally controlled, then he should have been governor of a state whose total population is equivalent to an above average city in the US. What kind of people would he have met then? More politicians, no? Except without the slightest bit of real Washington experience.

Please define for me what a real "job history" by your standards would have been, and what kind of people he would have met through that history (that wouldn't have been met by any other means). I'm trying to understand your post under the assumption that it was more than just childish venting that presumably your candidate lost and now you're sucking your thumb over it. Perhaps my assumption is wrong and that's the problem.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:19 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post

This is so ridiculous..LOL!!! So you're advocating cronyism!!! Give all the jobs to your friends..Sounds like Bush to me..Thankfully he's almost history!!

Old 11-25-2008, 04:44 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
This is so ridiculous..LOL!!! So you're advocating cronyism!!! Give all the jobs to your friends..Sounds like Bush to me..Thankfully he's almost history!!
That's why I didn't respond to omle's post. It was so ridiculous and full of ignorance and untruth, that I felt it did not even warrant an intelligent response.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:14 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdistheWord View Post
How dare that half breed select people with experience

Its a shame you call him that as no one else has.

Point is there looks like no real change is coming .

Old 11-25-2008, 06:42 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpelp View Post
Obama is running on fear????? Have you noticed the last 8 years? Did you notice the worst of McCain's ads, or Palin's speeches? Obama isn't Mr Clean himself, but i mean come on. Anyone that isn't blinded by unquestioning, unwavering party allegiances I think would notice pretty quick that at least compared to recent history, this isn't anything close to that. Bush, Rove, to a lesser extent, Palin, McCain... that is running on fear. I'm missing where in selecting his cabinet posts, he's turned down the dark road of fear mongering... enlighten me please.

Oh boy, I'll need something more coherent here to work off of...sorry.

However, if you can stay with reality, Bush et al are now in the PAST. We have FOUR MORE YEARS of the Obama quagmire to get through. Are ya up for it?

Old 11-26-2008, 03:00 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Personally he seems to be turning to the clinton crowd for guidance. If he names hillary it will be a full deck. Look at his treasury appointmant ;right from the fed play bood and trained by past republican leaders.So where is the non-insiders in any important post?That's right there are none because he was advised that Carter spent years in the wilderness from appointing people who did not know washington or what they were doing. Same ole ;same ole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections