Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 02:05 PM

8,064 posts, read 17,943,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
Let's give this a chance... maybe some of you will be surprised and maybe you won't BUT he won in a landslide and deserves the support. Let's face it, he can't do any worse than W.
Well, YES, HE CAN! His stubborn refusal to understand that meeting with dictators and tyrants can weaken the position of the United States and inspire more world hatred IS WORSE. I'm just hoping that a Sec. of State Hillary will convince him that his position is foolish and can't be made policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 02:06 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,588,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
BUT he won in a landslide and deserves the support.
He did not win in a landslide. Check Reagan's margins of victories. That is what a landslide looks like. 489 electoral votes in 1980, 525 in 1984. Obama won by a large margin, not a landslide.

As for respecting Obama, he will have to earn it first. I hope he does well, but there is nothing to base respecting him on. He hasn't done anything yet.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:14 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,167,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Well, YES, HE CAN! His stubborn refusal to understand that meeting with dictators and tyrants can weaken the position of the United States and inspire more world hatred IS WORSE. I'm just hoping that a Sec. of State Hillary will convince him that his position is foolish and can't be made policy.
Support the presdent-elect and at the same time, quit twisting his words to something negative.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:15 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,458,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
He did not win in a landslide. Check Reagan's margins of victories. That is what a landslide looks like. 489 electoral votes in 1980, 525 in 1984. Obama won by a large margin, not a landslide.

As for respecting Obama, he will have to earn it first. I hope he does well, but there is nothing to base respecting him on. He hasn't done anything yet.
Why all of sudden does a President have to earn common folks respect? Is he a child or something? I never heard of Bush earning anyones respect though he lost much respect over the last 8 years..We as Americans must always respect the office of President not the man/woman..Obama will be our President and deserves respect.

Maybe its that whole blacks have to prove their worth 10x more the anybody else. They can't be unvetted hillbilly governers who give interviews in front of turkeys being slaughtered. That person gets respect but a Harvard educated masterful politician who has a great command of all subject matters and has inspired millions has to earn respect boggles my mind..

Uh,oh..did I mention race

Old 11-22-2008, 02:18 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,532,591 times
Quote:
Well, YES, HE CAN! His stubborn refusal to understand that meeting with dictators and tyrants can weaken the position of the United States and inspire more world hatred IS WORSE.
This is quite honestly the funniest post I've read today!

Old 11-22-2008, 02:27 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,458,334 times
Quote:
Have you noticed how those who hate us around the world are franticly scrambling for a platform just because Obama was elected? By showing that we are a true democracy they've lost their main rallying cry..If we sit down with them in one way or another, they wont have diddly to cry about then..They've been reduced to name calling, Uncle Tom, House Negro etc..That's what I want our enemies doing, trying to figure out why to hate us not us supplying all the amunition.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:27 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,588,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdistheWord View Post
Support our president-elect or get out
Lol, make me.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:29 PM
NCN

21,657 posts, read 25,493,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
This is quite honestly the funniest post I've read today!
Funny? I find it sad because it is so true.

As for accepting: I was brought up in a two party family. Mother's family was Republican and so was Dad's, but Dad was a Democrat. We had a rule that you could say anything until after the election, but once a person was elected, that was it. No more "throwing off."

I was ready to do that this year until the jerks started bashing the ones who lost. I cannot think of anything lower class than that. It is bad enough that we have to put up with an unacceptable president elect, but we are having to put up with the low class bums that voted for him too. Enough is enough. Obama should tell his supporters to start having just a little bit if class.

You people are not doing him any favors by bashing the ones who did not win. If you want us to accept him then shut your mouths.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:31 PM

425 posts, read 662,692 times
Argggg...

I can't take it anymore!

The Dems have been bashing, hammering, bludgeoning Bush for 8 years

But now that a Dem is elected, everyone is supposed to hold hands, bow down to the almighty O, and take it?

*********!

Old 11-22-2008, 02:31 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,414,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Funny? I find it sad because it is so true.

As for accepting: I was brought up in a two party family. Mother's family was Republican and so was Dad's, but Dad was a Democrat. We had a rule that you could say anything until after the election, but once a person was elected, that was it. No more "throwing off."

I was ready to do that this year until the jerks started bashing the ones who lost. I cannot think of anything lower class than that. It is bad enough that we have to put up with an unacceptable president elect, but we are having to put up with the low class bums that voted for him too. Enough is enough. Obama should tell his supporters to start having just a little bit if class.

You people are not doing him any favor by bashing the ones who did not win. If you want us to accept him then shut your mouths.
So everyone who voted for Obama is a low class bum? How Christ-like of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections