Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 01:16 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

I saw this article in my local paper today. It reflects my thinking; a president's wife is d***** if she does and d***** if she doesn't.

Great expectations await Michelle Obama - Today on the Trail - MSNBC.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 01:24 PM

343 posts, read 510,206 times
I think that can also be said about the president himself

Old 11-22-2008, 01:24 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,008,871 times
Good quote from Rosalynn Carter: "I was going to be criticized no matter what I did," Carter once said, "so I might as well be criticized for something I wanted to do."
I really like Michelle Obama.
Her job will be tough, but I think she is up to it.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:39 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
I think Laura Bush was a wonderful first lady. She's very different than her predecessor but handled her role with grace and class.

And I think Mrs. Obama will be wonderful as well- again, different, but wonderful.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:51 PM

^^^Laura seemed to be able to avoid the criticism that most pres wives get. Michelle ought to talk to her about that.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:15 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Laura Bush had to keep somewhat of a low profile...look at the person she is married to. She had to let him take the brunt of it..who would want to be at all controversial and in the spotlight when you're husband is George W. Bush? Such a stigma. I wonder if their marriage will last after they are out of the Whte House. I've heards some rumors, they might be just rumors, but we'll see.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:32 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,924,773 times
I think Obama might be ok as a President but I still do not like his wife. She will have to really improve a lot before I start giving her credit for anything. Just the way I feel and now I will watch all of the libs have a fit because I posted something agianst their first family.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:39 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Laura Bush had to keep somewhat of a low profile...look at the person she is married to. She had to let him take the brunt of it..who would want to be at all controversial and in the spotlight when you're husband is George W. Bush? Such a stigma. I wonder if their marriage will last after they are out of the Whte House. I've heards some rumors, they might be just rumors, but we'll see.
You are reading way too many blogs.
-------------------------------------------------

As far as the original thread, the only thing I've actually read about Mrs Obama was in a previous Readers Digest article. If it portrayed her correctly, I think she'll manage the spotlight quite well and be a strong effective first lady.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
No matter how well liked or hated the pres, his wife generally is criticized. People hated Carter, and Rosalynn was criticized. Reagan was loved, and Nancy was criticized. ETC.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:54 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
Quote:
I think you just set a record for the dumbest thing ever said on CD... That's saying a lot...!
You must stay up late at night to come up with some of this stuff....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections